Looking for Reward Ideas for my Husband

Options
My hubs and I are both eternally trying to lose weight, eat healthier, etc. and it's easier for me because I actually like being active and working out. Husband does better if there's some kind of tangible reward or goal that he's working towards because he doesn't get the same high from exercising, or the same kind of satisfaction from eating healthy (I think this latter one has something to do with me preparing 99% of our meals so I get the lion's share of the satisfaction from seeing us both eat healthy).

We started a rewards system: plan your exercise for the week, and if you do all your workouts/activities you get Reward 1 for one week, Reward 2 for two weeks, etc. Problem is, he's the guy who has everything, so little rewards like the ones I like (new fun socks, new music downloads, etc) don't carry the same motivation for him. He does well with competition, but our goals are so different that I can't really offer him any kind of good competitiveness. So far we've come up with Reward 1 (a day at the shooting range), but that's not something we can do every week, schedule-wise, and we can't use it for EVERY reward.

So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What kind of hobbies does he have? You mentioned the range--perhaps some new ammo? If he fishes, perhaps some bait?

What types of exercise does he do? I like rewards that sync up with what I did to earn them.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    A new Tattoo when he reaches a major milestone

29509743.png
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Steak and/or a BJ?
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Steak and/or a BJ?
    [/quote
    lol.... this or maybe a monthly reward of a driving experience or something?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Progressively more interesting sex.
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I say go for some sexual type of rewards, guys are always up for that! lol
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Think about non-material things you don't have to buy. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with ideas ;)
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A big milestone goal could be a new firearm. You can never have too many of those. ;-)
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

This, it's that simple ladies.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

I wouldn't. If he's not willing to do it himself, he's not ready and no one will make him ready.
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    BJ. Always works.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Buy one of those big sex coupon books. Have like a triple coupon day or something. And a beejay every day he closes his diary and is under his calories.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think the consensus is a combination of sexual favors...men are easy!!
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sex is an obvious choice, speaking as a married guy of almost 20 years, anything out of the ordinary would be a huge reward! Weekend sex away to a nice hotel with no kids (if you have them) would be amazing! Along the way, sporting tickets are good, how about steak of the month club membership?! Date night planned by you and not him. It's football season, make Sunday his rest/cheat day, and let him sit in front of the TV and watch football undisturbed, if he is into college more than pro make it on Saturday! Of course these are strictly goals I would like, but hey last I checked I'm a guy! :)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

This, it's that simple ladies.
    no it's not.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    BJ.....the cure all drug...has been for centuries
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BJ. Always works.

Somebody, push the easy button!

computer-easy-button.jpg
  • juleeque
    juleeque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What about giving massage? It's something you could do for free. if you want to learn good technique, check out the library for how to books.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What about giving massage? It's something you could do for free. if you want to learn good technique, check out the library for how to books.

I just... no. I won't. "Great idea!"