95lbs~ down, a bit about me saving my own life.

Options

Replies

• DsSquishy
    DsSquishy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing job on both fronts! It's inspirational to see someone not only achieve a weight loss, but to also tackle alcoholism. Great job. :)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As someone who has alcoholism in my family, I understand how hard it is to overcome. Unfortunately a few of my family members were never able to stop and succumbed to the disease, so even though I don't know you, I am proud of you. You've taken the biggest step to having a life worth living, and that must feel absolutely fantastic.
  • kellytenbrinke
    kellytenbrinke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You should be so incredibly proud of your accomplishments, not only the weight loss but the abstinence as well. May you enjoy nothing but health, happiness, love and success as to continue on your path. God bless!
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As someone who has alcoholism in my family, I understand how hard it is to overcome. Unfortunately a few of my family members were never able to stop and succumbed to the disease, so even though I don't know you, I am proud of you. You've taken the biggest step to having a life worth living, and that must feel absolutely fantastic.

Yes, I definitely do feel much better! Not tired and crappy feeling all the time. I have two kids, and I knew I had to do something, or I would not be around to see them very long. I had 3rd's tell me I was "on my way out". : \
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You dropped from 309 to 215 in four months?

My understanding, based on his writing... he is "four months sober and down to 215 pounds". I don't read that dropped from 309 to 215 in four months... all he says is he is now down to 215 pounds... I must wonder where you get that from? :noway:

None-the-less... a great accomplishment OP! Your strength and determination shines... now your new journey in life starts, you got this! :wink:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome on so many levels!!!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! Good for you, be very proud of yourself!!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Seriously amazing. I feel like good job isn't big enough .. lol. You have taken control of your life and took it away from the alcohol. It isn't easy, but you are doing it each and every day! Bravo. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 4 months sober and the weight loss. I know neither was easy. Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sobriety and weight loss! That is no small feat!
  • snf78
    snf78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both the weight loss and the being sober! You look amazing .... good for you!! :)
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life! You look amazing, and not just because of the weight loss.
    Stay strong. You are worth this!!!
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You dropped from 309 to 215 in four months?

My understanding, based on his writing... he is "four months sober and down to 215 pounds". I don't read that dropped from 309 to 215 in four months... all he says is he is now down to 215 pounds... I must wonder where you get that from? :noway:

None-the-less... a great accomplishment OP! Your strength and determination shines... now your new journey in life starts, you got this! :wink:

That is actually correct. I dropped from 309 to 215 in 4 months time. All of my weight was straight calories from drinking. I would drink between 1.75 to 2.0 liters of liquor per day, plus 2 bottles of gatorade, or soda, or whatever I was mixing it with. which equated to between 4 -5,000 calories a day from just that. That is not including any food I ate on top of that. So cutting that out of my life, I went from probably 6,000 calories a day, to about 1,000 or so, if that.
  • taneyah2014
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT work!!!! YOU are worth it!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control of your life. Alcoholism is a tough one to deal with, and not only have you made your life better but any of your loved ones are no doubt feeling better too. Keep up the great work.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's good that you're so young and your body was still able to rejuvenate to a degree. Hopefully no permanent damage, but everyday is a gift now anyway. I was a VERY heavy drinker myself for years. I didn't get the swollen liver, but used to throw up blood sometimes an then keep on drinking. I'm happy to hear that you wised up, many people never do. I'm curious though about the weight, BTW you look great. Did you lose 95lbs. in 4 months? If so what was the cause, was it the liver problem, or you couldn't eat? Please explain.

Never mind, I see that you explained the weight loss a couple of posts up.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and for staying sober. You must feel great. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!