Love

Options
yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
What was your earliest 'I love you" in a relationship? Either yours or the other person.

Mine was some girl I talked to three days in. She was cray cray. Moral of that story is you cannot save everyone.

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    First date.... the guy admitted that he'd been watching me for a while! CREEPER

Needless to say the date didn't go so well, and I avoid him like the plague!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    First date.... the guy admitted that he'd been watching me for a while! CREEPER

Needless to say the date didn't go so well, and I avoid him like the plague!

Weirdo was probably a peeping tom.
  • askeates
    Options
    I think he may be a bit worse than that.... I still see him every couple weeks watching me while I shoot pool. It's to a point now, when he is there, the guys on my team and a couple of my other male friends actually watch him and then don't let me go anywhere alone.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Some Dumb Boy I dated in High School who thought he was the town Stud threw out the "I Love You" to every girl out there just to get lucky! No Sir... I guess that I was the first to turn him down because he made a big fiasco about badmouthing me around school that year! Teenagers!!! :angry:
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I think he may be a bit worse than that.... I still see him every couple weeks watching me while I shoot pool. It's to a point now, when he is there, the guys on my team and a couple of my other male friends actually watch him and then don't let me go anywhere alone.

If I was your friend I would have already comforted this guy. Those guys seem a little smarter than me.
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    my earliest " I love you" came from my husband. We had only been together about 2 weeks at the time. Now here we are 2 kids, 5 years, and a marriage later. (:

(it did kind of freak me out that he said it so soon though, and I waited a good couple weeks before I told him the same.)
  • askeates
    Options

If I was your friend I would have already comforted this guy. Those guys seem a little smarter than me.

I think a couple of my friends are biding their time to be honest.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    My earliest came from my boy friend :) We had talked for a while before we finally met face to face. We already knew we loved each other, but neither of us was about to say it before we met. We already thought ourselves crazy for even attempting our relationship. We've both had our fair share of crap, and we both knew who we were individually before we met, we also knew what we were looking for in a partner. Any other time in my life, with any other person it would have scared the heck out of me, but with him, it was easy. Hearing him say it was comforting, and telling him I felt the same was like a weight being lifted.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Probably 3 - 4 weeks with my current boyfriend. I was like little school girl so nervous to say it to him.
  • askeates
    Options
    My earliest came from my boy friend :) We had talked for a while before we finally met face to face. We already knew we loved each other, but neither of us was about to say it before we met. We already thought ourselves crazy for even attempting our relationship. We've both had our fair share of crap, and we both knew who we were individually before we met, we also knew what we were looking for in a partner. Any other time in my life, with any other person it would have scared the heck out of me, but with him, it was easy. Hearing him say it was comforting, and telling him I felt the same was like a weight being lifted.

OMG, make me yak! Haha.... I was just talking about the 2 of you to a friend today! You guys are so sweet together :flowerforyou:
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Earliest someone told me was 3 months into the relationship? I cannot throw out "I love you's" like it's nothing...so earliest I told someone was like 6 months :p
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

OMG, make me yak! Haha.... I was just talking about the 2 of you to a friend today! You guys are so sweet together :flowerforyou:

Yak for you :happy:

imagesCABE365V_zps4eeaa720.jpg
  • hoovified
    hoovified Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend... who I met like twice at the time, said it over the phone. Broke up with me over the phone too. I still agreed to be friends with him and when we saw each other in person again he threw out the "I love you" card then too. My response? "Don't start that sh** again!" Hahaha. The look on his face was priceless. We ended up dating off and on for about a year and a half. It was the most ridiculous "relationship" ever, but I was young, dumb, and "in love." And he was hot. LOL
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Does it count if they say it during Coitus?:tongue:
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I can't remember since it's been so long since I have said it for the first time. The "casual boyfriend" and I have been together since March. We have both mentioned that we truly care about each other, we have both said that a "love" for each other has been established, we throw out the "you love me anyway" line, but neither of us has actually said it. I think if he and I had lived closer and been able to be in a close relationship that consisted of seeing each other often and getting more involved in each other's lives and families then it would have happened already. My best guess for this relationship??? 3 months if the circumstances were right. BUT we were also together 11 years ago before we went our separate ways and married other people.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i do not remember
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So talking about saying I love you, do you tell your friends that? I do & my daughter did one time & her friend thought it was so weird. LOL Yes it kinda is but don't you love your friends? Shouldn't you let them know?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    So talking about saying I love you, do you tell your friends that? I do & my daughter did one time & her friend thought it was so weird. LOL Yes it kinda is but don't you love your friends? Shouldn't you let them know?

Actions speak louder than words to me.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've only heard it from 2 guys. First one after 2 weeks. Second one was after 3 years of friendship.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Actions speak louder than words to me.

That is so true, but don't you also like hearing it?