Looking for Reward Ideas for my Husband

Options
1235»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sex games (for mutual fun)

This doesn't mean it's a chore, or that you don't already do this. I just think it's fun, so why not incorporate it. Just focusing on sex creatively (not as a reward) can motivate your fitness, happiness, enjoyment, feeling alive. For men and women. You can make fitness activities more fun. This can't be the only motivation, just one aspect. It wouldn't be enough to keep fitness going. Fitness will always have challenging and mundane moments. But, it can help motivation to interperse it with fun activities.

As an example, this is why pole dancing for fitness is so successful.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Save the BJ for when you want new furniture. Most of the furniture in my house gets me aroused when I see it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

He does well with competition, but our goals are so different that I can't really offer him any kind of good competitiveness.

So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1st part of this, either by posting pics of ripped dudes around the house and telling hubby how hot they are and you want him to be that way too. OR possibly signing him up to a gym where there are lots of ripped guys and he's kinda "forced" into keeping up.

Second part, you can't make someone get motivation, he has to find it within himself to get it. A reward system set up by yourself is something you do for children. If he wants it he's gotta do it or else it loses ALL meaning and can become a problem in the relationship if he feels forced into it.

Do you have a significant other?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

He does well with competition, but our goals are so different that I can't really offer him any kind of good competitiveness.

So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

1st part of this, either by posting pics of ripped dudes around the house and telling hubby how hot they are and you want him to be that way too. OR possibly signing him up to a gym where there are lots of ripped guys and he's kinda "forced" into keeping up.

Second part, you can't make someone get motivation, he has to find it within himself to get it. A reward system set up by yourself is something you do for children. If he wants it he's gotta do it or else it loses ALL meaning and can become a problem in the relationship if he feels forced into it.

This advice makes no sense...first you say post pics of ripped dudes and get him a gym membership where he's forced to keep up and then you say you can't make someone get motivation...So which is it...you try to force him to have the motivation that you then say you can't make someone have?

Hmmmmmmmm...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Do you have a significant other?

win_logo.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    There is so much goodness in this thread..............

You cannot motivate others to lose weight, they must want it themselves. Post pics of skinner chicks near me and I'm gonna blow a gasket!! Shaming does nothing!! :grumble:

But seriously, everyone knows how to motivate a guy - SEX! Some said this was a bad idea, but keep in mind OP that you benefit from it as well. Just sayin'! :bigsmile:
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sad that a BJ has to be a "reward". Women should love giving it to their partners on the regular? Y'all make it sound like a chore. :-)

Exactly.. I said bacon hahah .. bj's aren't a chore for us anyways lol... I LOVE it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My response was initially intended as a cliche joke. But, at the same time, making things fun as a couple is better than a reward system (in my opinion). Whatever ways that works for the two of you (and not only sexual).
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy idea.

Ask him what he'd like.

You know, this doesn't always work. My husband insists that he wants a wolf.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    The third reply took my idea!! Guys love a BJ! My girl can get me to do almost anything if that is my reward!! :wink: :smile: :drinker:
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If he needs some competition motivation, he could join a challenge through your gym or somewhere local. My gym does them about quarterly and you compete with people of your same gender & age group - there's prizes for the winner of each category, then they pick an overall winner that gets a huge prize pack. Plus you pay a small fee to join the challenge, so you have some skin in the game.

Also thinking it shouldn't really be your job to motivate him - encourage and support him, yes - but really it's enough work to focus on keeping yourself going!
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Here's another idea for getting dirty...

Is there a place near you that rents dirt bikes, sand rails, Polaris vehicles, big motorized trikes, and other big recreational toys? (And, since it's going to be winter soon, we can add snowmobiles.) Ask about rentals and ask about legal and fun places to go on them.

And it doesn't even have to be near you, I'd guess. If the play space is a few hours away -- add a hotel stay. Drive up Saturday morning, play all day, stay in a hotel, and drive home Sunday.

Most men like these big boy toys!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy idea.

Ask him what he'd like.

You know, this doesn't always work. My husband insists that he wants a wolf.

Haha! This made me chuckle!! Reminds me of that insurance company commercial where the guy saved money and bought an Eagle or something. :laugh:

My response is similar to what I have been reading. You should not have to reward him, the reward is living a longer and healthier life. If he can't see that himself, unfortunately nothing you can buy him or give him will help.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    How about:

> New outfit
    > hour massage (happy ending depending where you go)
    > a day of binging on favorite foods (within reason)
    > New workout clothes/shoes
    > Dinner out at an expensive steakhouse
    > new grill/smoker

If those aren't up his alley, then I guess you'll be servicing him :yawn: