My first 5k

Options

Replies

• yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I was so happy with being able to do a 5k this summer that I decided to run a half marathon this fall, just ran it last weekend and finished in just under 2 hours, was a blast! Keep it going! Going from 5k to 10k is not that hard, and 10k to 21k was even easier.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome post, and great job on the 5k! Those medals are addictive!
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is such good feeling to complete a race! Now you are addicted to it and will keep on going. :)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Gah! I knew I should have used my 'take photos of me in in the supermarket wearing my medals' idea sooner...

*kicks rocks*

Way to go! You rock!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Funny ????
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job for your first 5K, you have lots to be proud of! Like the other's have said, it will become addictive. My goal next year is to do a 10k and maybe even a half marathon. I have done 8 (5K) of them in the past two years and with each I have gotten faster. I have done them in all different kinds of terrain. Best of luck in your future races.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATS on finishing your first 5K! I'm also doing the Couch to 5K, but because of personal issues, I'm taking nearly 2 weeks to do each week, repeating the week if I feel not ready to move forward, listening to my body.... so I hope to get to do my first 5K at some point soon!

Secondly, HAHAHAHA love the normal everyday stuff you still do! That was a fun post! :laugh:

Congrats again!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is awesome!!!! :drinker:
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

Love this pics
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Wonderful result and I love how it hasn't changed you. :bigsmile:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This is my fav! :happy:

Congrats!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Love how humble you have stayed!! :laugh:

Well done and cheers for many more races!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Gah! I knew I should have used my 'take photos of me in in the supermarket wearing my medals' idea sooner...

*kicks rocks*

Way to go! You rock!
    Ya I would have preferred copying instead of stealing it, but it was too hard to resist. (Where's that droopy gif?)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No pizza-eating medal shots? For shame!

Congratulations, that's insane for your first 5k. Too bad about getting snubbed for 1st, I doubt those transponders are THAT accurate, I wonder how close it really was. Too bad you didn't know that you were that close and could have made up the difference.
    LOL but if I'd known it would only be fair if he knew too, so he'd also have the same opportunity. ;)

But yeah I really don't think the timing system is that accurate because the range at which those things 'detect' is not very consistent. (Also the other guy started behind the line and had a running start before his timer started, where it started my timer while I was still standing there, and reaction time + acceleration time is more than that.) But it's not like anyone is going to take advantage of the system and they have to have a way of breaking a tie because the medals were already made. I could just as easily have won by the same margin under the same circumstances. So, "random number generator" it is.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success!!! Love your sense of humor!
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great time! Too funny!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, you made me laugh today. I needed that.

also, congrats on your success!! you look great!! :flowerforyou:
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My first 5-k I won firts place in my age division but more important- I beat the pants off my younger co worker and beat "the hill".
    I think what did it was I had all my beach gear in car and ice cold beer. Found out I won on my way to beach and got my medal on monday from my co worker.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Excellent, .didn't see that coming!! Well done and thanks for the giggle :blushing:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I should, however, warn you that 5Ks are a gateway race. Before you know it you're racing 10Ks then Half-Marathons and who knows what after that........

Have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!