What's working for me....

Options

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My goal and what works for me for weight loss is eating as much nom nom food I can and still lose about 1/4-1/2lb a week...and I do just that...today was as sinful as yesterday with creamy pasta sauce and pasta and pizza and a Tim's coffee and a chocolate bar later tonight...

My goal for health and fitness is hit my macros as best I can and do heavy weights 3-4x a week and if I feel like it HIIT workout or a good walk on my off days and take at least one rest day a week.

I'm right there Stef...I would rather lose weight slowly, enjoy it and know how I can eat for life with this. My two year plan (and yes, it's a two year plan) is to lose about 20-25 lb and get seriously fit & strong.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Today Im 7 days in, and 3 lbs lighter and 2 inches smaller around my waist.

2 inches loss in 7 days ... are you sure?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think its so rude how you're all putting her down!!!
    Well done on making the change :)
    xx
    congratulations on your start to a new journey!!
    sorry for all the nuts on this site that feel the need to put you down

You did say "What's working for me" - you did not say "hey come follow my amazing plan"

TIL that on MFP it's more important to say what a great job someone is doing than to actually point out the ways in which they could improve and reach their goals. Also, pointing out glaring inconsistencies in someone's statements is "rude" and being a "nut".

lololololol!!! just kidding! I realized that about the MFP forums my first day posting here
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, First thanks to everyone that posted such nice things, words of encouragement. I think thats what this site is supposed to be about....Encouragement and Support. Not the opposite, in which I've experienced already.
    I agree with what someone else had posted on here ( sorry I forget your name) that I wasn't trying to say "do this or do that", instead I was so happy that I wanted to share what was working for me.:wink:

And to the haters out there, I lost another 3.5 pounds!!!!! and yes my attitude of refusing to step on a scale has changed. I can change my mind cant I?! In fact I knew I lost weight and inches so I went out and bought a scale, lol!
    Eating right, being accountable with some moderate exercise seems to be working well for me.

And to the women that asked if I really lost 2inches from my waist, yes its true. I think I was retaining a lot of water!

Best of luck to all of us on our very difficult and uplifting journey!

P.S What or who is OP?
  • fabulousmomma
    Options
    And to clarify one more thing, as I was re reading these posts. I had some people ask me how I knew what my starting weight was if I "refused to step on a scale"
    About a month ago my doctor told me I weighed 179 lbs. I guess I based it on that. But now Im losing as you can see from my ticker, and I was actually pretty accurate on my assumption of my starting weight.

And because I'm feeling better about myself and know that Im achieving my goals, I caved and bought a scale!l lol.
    I will do weigh ins once a week.
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh about 4 lbs more at the doctor than at home.
    Only by weighing on the same scale you will be able to accurately track your weight loss so happy to hear you bought one to get started.

OP means original poster, in this thread, this means you.

Good luck.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    And to clarify one more thing, as I was re reading these posts. I had some people ask me how I knew what my starting weight was if I "refused to step on a scale"
    About a month ago my doctor told me I weighed 179 lbs. I guess I based it on that. But now Im losing as you can see from my ticker, and I was actually pretty accurate on my assumption of my starting weight.

And because I'm feeling better about myself and know that Im achieving my goals, I caved and bought a scale!l lol.
    I will do weigh ins once a week.

I'm glad you're happy with what you're doing.

Keep in mind though that different scales will often show different weights. Once I bought a new scale and "gained" 5 lbs. Best policy is to weigh on the same scale every time, at the same time of day and in the same state of dress.
  • fabulousmomma
    Options
    Thanks, and yes Im aware of different scales....which is why I went back to my Moms and checked my weight on her scale....and my new scale matches hers!!!!! Woo woo!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, First thanks to everyone that posted such nice things, words of encouragement. I think thats what this site is supposed to be about....Encouragement and Support. Not the opposite, in which I've experienced already.
    I agree with what someone else had posted on here ( sorry I forget your name) that I wasn't trying to say "do this or do that", instead I was so happy that I wanted to share what was working for me.:wink:

And to the haters out there, I lost another 3.5 pounds!!!!! and yes my attitude of refusing to step on a scale has changed. I can change my mind cant I?! In fact I knew I lost weight and inches so I went out and bought a scale, lol!
    Eating right, being accountable with some moderate exercise seems to be working well for me.

And to the women that asked if I really lost 2inches from my waist, yes its true. I think I was retaining a lot of water!

Best of luck to all of us on our very difficult and uplifting journey!

P.S What or who is OP?

OP was you the whole time!

scooby.gif
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Yikes. I always thought it meant 'overweight person'.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    congrats on your progress.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Wow, I seem to get the feeling that there's a little nit picking going on, sheesh!!!! And no, I did not weigh myself in the beginning....I was going on a limb. Either way who cares! What I wrote was not supposed to be about when and when I did or didn't weigh myself. I'm beginning to think that people would rather nit pick then read what my blog was all about.

These are the same forums where one guy mentioned suicide as a leading killer among males, expressed sympathy / condolences, and asked people to reach out if they needed help.

The majority of responses were people picking apart the statistics the man had cited.

Yeah, people are real kind on this web site. Thanks for sharing what worked for you.
  • fabulousmomma
    Options

• fabulousmomma
    Options
    Haha, well now I know!!!! Mystery solved:smile:
  • fabulousmomma
    Options
    Thanks!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wow, I seem to get the feeling that there's a little nit picking going on, sheesh!!!! And no, I did not weigh myself in the beginning....I was going on a limb. Either way who cares! What I wrote was not supposed to be about when and when I did or didn't weigh myself. I'm beginning to think that people would rather nit pick then read what my blog was all about.

These are the same forums where one guy mentioned suicide as a leading killer among males, expressed sympathy / condolences, and asked people to reach out if they needed help.

The majority of responses were people picking apart the statistics the man had cited.

Yeah, people are real kind on this web site. Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Were his statistics incorrect?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I refuse to work out to the point where I'm blue in the face and feel like I just ran a marathon. That might work for some but not for me. I believe that eating well, and incorporating exercise is sufficient enough.
    This hit home for me this week. As I've become more fit, my walks are getting very easy. I'm not working as hard as I used to, even though I'm walking faster than ever. So I started alternating 100 yards of running and 100 yards of walking during one or two legs of my 6-legged path a few days ago. That got the heart beating but now my quads (upper legs) hurt. I will try that again when its not painful.

I'm in this forever. Not just until I lose weight, but it's also what I'm going to do after I've lost the weight. So I'm not starting anything that I don't plan to do forever.

I don't want to criticize those people doing the 24 day diet or the Insanity fitness plan, but those plans are not for me. If I'm not willing to do it forever, I'm not interested.

My commitments:
    Be a very good MFP logger
    Walk 3x a week for 30 minutes
    Review my logs for education and inspiration

What the above means to me is that I'm improving my food and fitness and losing weight as an effect -- not a cause.

You mentioned the scale. Ugh, the scale. The scale is the last step, isn't it? It comes long after logging, making choices, going for a walk, being inspired. A good score on the scale is the result of all of this, not the cause! MFP prioritizes the scale or the weight lost on the tickers in here, but that's validation of good work -- it's not the good work itself.

Great topic, OP. Much luck to you!
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options

:laugh: That's priceless!

I'm laughing with you and not at you. I'm the guy who reads a word and mispronounces it in my head for the rest of my life until one day someone says it!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

lol...i like you
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Haaa I love that!