Love

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So talking about saying I love you, do you tell your friends that? I do & my daughter did one time & her friend thought it was so weird. LOL Yes it kinda is but don't you love your friends? Shouldn't you let them know?

Actions speak louder than words to me.

That is so true, but don't you also like hearing it?

Touche.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So talking about saying I love you, do you tell your friends that? I do & my daughter did one time & her friend thought it was so weird. LOL Yes it kinda is but don't you love your friends? Shouldn't you let them know?

Actions speak louder than words to me.

That is so true, but don't you also like hearing it?

I tell my friends and my kids tell their friends all the time. I end almost every phone call with "love you bye" sometimes even when I'm on a professional call at work, lol.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I say it to my close friends and when I was active duty I would say it to my buddies when they were going to the war zone, because you never know if they would come home.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    1967. 7th Grade sockhop in the gym. Told Patricia Gallagher that I loved her. She couldn't hear me over the music and asked me what I said. I was too embarrassed to repeat it.

Never told her again. We moved in 1968 and I never saw her again.

She and I did win the Twist Contest that day. So, I got that going for me. Which is good.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    We both said it 2 weeks into our relationship. We've known each other since we were kids, but took us 20 some years to get together. I don't know why we waited so long. THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!! 18 months in and hoping for the rest of our lives. :heart:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    That would be my husband, back when we were dating in high school. About 6 months into the relationship. We were only 17 when we started dating ( first date for me, second for him, he'd gone out once with another girl). so we were not in any hurry....
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I had an account on OKCupid a guy told me the day after he first messaged me that he loved me and wanted to marry me. It wasn't even followed by a "because I want to put my face in your boobs" or anything like that. He was serious. It was awkward.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've had two long-term relationships in my lifetime. Who the hell remembers these things?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i remember the first girl that i told i love her. she called me a stupid head and pushed me in the sandbox.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    With my first high school girlfriend, I don't remember how long it took. Didn't say it again until I had been dating my ex wife for 6 months in college. And those are the only two females with whom I have ever used that word.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's considered early for someone to say I love you, if you weren't dating. Hubby and I were friends living in different continents. We said it to each other the same day after I apparently said it after falling asleep on skype one night. That's when we decided to "date". Got married 2 months later :heart: :love: :smile:

It takes a fifth of a second to fall in love. Falling in love takes less than a second and feels intensely wonderful, to SUSTAIN love over time is something entirely different.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101022184957.htm

"For example, the time taken to “fall in love” clocks in at about one-fifth of a second, not the six months of romantic dinners and sharing secrets some might expect."

http://news.discovery.com/human/health/your-brain-on-love-the-scientific-effects.htm
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i remember the first girl that i told i love her. she called me a stupid head and pushed me in the sandbox.

was that last week, or the week before?
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    LOL mine is a little different...on our 3rd date, I told my boyfriend that he was going to love me. About 2 months later he came by my house with flowers and said "You were right..I love you" 9 months later he took me to Oklahoma to meet his parents and proposed the night we got there..I had just met his mother for the first time (she knew he was going to propose before we got there) A year later we were married...He now likes to tell people it is the only time in our relationship that I've been right!! :smile:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    this is not something of which i have kept track. i guess no one was alarmingly early. however, it could be because i haven't said it "for the first time" to someone in about 11 years.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My late husband told me on our second date that he was in love with me.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2Weeks in. I was 16, and just hoping to wear his class ring. I thought "What a dork!" And... here we are 28 years, 3 kids and 6 grandkids later! (And he's still a dork! Lol)
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's crazy because I have been in love before ( or so I thought ) but I only can remember the first time my hubby said it to me and evertime after that. My mind is completely blank from any others before that. :-)
  • karak1976
    Options
    hmmm i was 19 was with that guy for 4 years.once we finished university we realized we just were different people than when we started. no hard feelings i wish him well.

the 2nd guy - different story LOL
  • mustlovecakes
    Options
    Hmm... It wasn't until I was in my 20's. A bit of an ugly duckling here. But still searching for that one "I Love You" with true heart felt meaning. <3
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    One guy said it one week in. We didn't last much longer.