Cleaning...Light or Heavy??

Options

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    She asked a simple question, why are you all shoving your opinions down her throat?! Nice way to tell people "this is a friendly motivational non judgmental site" I am appalled at this. IDC if she asked the stupidest question in the world or the most intellectual question in the world, if you don't want to answer it for her, shut up.
    You can't ask for opinions, which she did, and then not respect the opinions being given. She wasn't clear with her original question, or the intentions of it, and she got advice she didn't want because of it. At that point, she could simply have clarified her original question rather than going off on everyone.
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    9 pages of this? Seriously? Get a life people.

If you wanna log it, log it! If you feel out of breath and like you've worked a bit, log it!
    I guess the only accurate way to track calories is at the gym or with some sort of device though!
    I do my cleaning at lightning speed because I have a toddler & i *kitten* you not I'm just as hot, sweaty and out of breath as I am after a long hike up a steep hill. (Yes my house does get that messy) so people that say cleaning ain't a workout feel free to come round mine and scrub blackberries out my carpet for half an hour! Seriously, be my guest.
    Puts me off asking for any advice on here and I've only just joined, put your claws away people.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    9 pages of this? Seriously? Get a life people .

If you wanna log it, log it! If you feel out of breath and like you've worked a bit, log it!
    I guess the only accurate way to track calories is at the gym or with some sort of device though!
    I do my cleaning at lightning speed because I have a toddler & i *kitten* you not I'm just as hot, sweaty and out of breath as I am after a long hike up a steep hill. (Yes my house does get that messy) so people that say cleaning ain't a workout feel free to come round mine and scrub blackberries out my carpet for half an hour! Seriously, be my guest.
    Puts me off asking for any advice on here and I've only just joined, put your claws away people.

Why are you posting here then? You are just adding to the pages.

Also, your claws seem firmly "out."
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

b]
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    Just giving my opinion and sticking up for someone I felt was being got at for no reason.
    I thought you guys liked opinions, my bad.
  • jasonmh630
    Options

Please go back and read the entire 9 pages. People were giving her legitimate advice and answered her question numerous times. It wasn't what she wanted to hear, so she got rather defensive.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Just giving my opinion and sticking up for someone I felt was being got at for no reason.

Her defensive nature WAS the reason... And even then, no one was being mean to her.

P.S. - She's the one that said she didn't want people's opinion, yet posted her question in a public forum.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Please, do give your opinion. That's why we are here.

But if you are going to tell people to "get a life" and "put their claws away" you should be prepared for a reaction because that's not so nice.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

You tell people not to give their opinion, but follow it up with your own? Strong logic.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    The last time light cleaning caused this much of an uproar was when Bill Clinton offered to pay for Monica Lewinsky's dry cleaning.

edit: JK, it was a heavy load.
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    I'm prepared for a reaction. And I wasn't aiming that comment at anyone particular, just the general vibe I got from about 10 comments I read. So perhaps assuming I meant you speaks volumes. Anyway, Ive said my bit and you've said yours and we shall leave it there :)
    Happy losing everyone.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    I think one of the major points people here were trying to make, is that if it's part of your every day activities (cleaning, walking around the house, sitting [still burns calories], even typing), then you shouldn't be concerned with how many calories they burn because your calorie deficit and activity level setting ALREADY take this into account.

She, then, got bent out of shape because that wasn't the answer she wanted to hear. So opinions work both ways, Miss.
  • stepfordexwife
    Options
    I log everything exercise related, even cleaning. Does that mean I eat those calories back? Nope. I'm just curious. I don't eat any of my exercise calories because I don't trust MFPs calculator.
  • binterla
    binterla Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So glad u asked that question. I just looked it up online...can't remember the website...but I had to input my weight and the length of time I cleaned. I worked up a sweat vacuuming..cleaning out kitty litter boxes...stuff like that. Of course when u weigh 230 lbs u exert more energy. So I logged around 250 calories burned. Hope this helps.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The last time light cleaning caused this much of an uproar was when Bill Clinton offered to pay for Monica Lewinsky's dry cleaning.

edit: JK, it was a heavy load.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

.....and I still can't beleive that this thread hasn't been locked yet.

PS - anyone want to come over and clean for me? I hear it burns calories.....
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    Don't remember telling anyone not to give their opinion. Strange.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    9 pages of this? Seriously? Get a life people .

Why are you posting here then? You are just adding to the pages.

Also, your claws seem firmly "out."

IKR! :laugh:
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Don't remember telling anyone not to give their opinion. Strange.

You sarcastically said "I thought people here liked opinions". Therefore, implying that we should keep them to ourselves.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I just learned about the ignore function in this thread. Sweet!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm prepared for a reaction. And I wasn't aiming that comment at anyone particular, just the general vibe I got from about 10 comments I read. So perhaps assuming I meant you speaks volumes. Anyway, Ive said my bit and you've said yours and we shall leave it there :)
    Happy losing everyone.

I'm here to gain but spanks
This discussion has been closed.