Cleaning...Light or Heavy??

Options

Replies

• daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    This thread is bonkers. I'm just commenting so that I'll get to read everything up until the lockdown. :drinker:

OT: I don't log cleaning. <- Just going through the motions, you guys.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Just giving my opinion and sticking up for someone I felt was being got at for no reason.
    I thought you guys liked opinions, my bad.

You tell people not to give their opinion, but follow it up with your own? Strong logic.

Consistently winning today.
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    So sorry to have missed you out! Happy gaining! Maybe the buttspanks comment was a bit uncalled for though. I didn't miss you out on purpose. Promise.
    Xox
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I think it works like this...

In your diet profile, you saw this question:

How would you describe your normal daily activities?
    Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)
    Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

If you chose sedentary, you should log all non-sedentary activities.
    If you chose very active, you probably shouldn't log any activities because you're at 3,000 RPMs all day long.
    If you chose something between, you should log those things that you think are exceptional efforts to your selected level of activity.

Of course, you may log anything you like, but doing it this way should give you better feedback.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The last time light cleaning caused this much of an uproar was when Bill Clinton offered to pay for Monica Lewinsky's dry cleaning.

edit: JK, it was a heavy load.

Tee hee - thank you so much!
  • VaikeVihm
    Options
    People are giving you their opinion because you asked. Cleaning, unless it's your JOB, shouldn't be logged. I dunno if you're trying to earn extra calories or something but it's pretty dumb to log cleaning.

Get a heart rate monitor that tracks calories if you really wannna know because MFP over estimates every thing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Don't remember telling anyone not to give their opinion. Strange.

You sarcastically said "I thought people here liked opinions". Therefore, implying that we should keep them to ourselves.

She also started off telling people to get a life (which infers that they shouldn't be posting/stating an opinion) and also to "put their claws away" (which again infers that people shouldn't state their opinions).
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    So sorry to have missed you out! Happy gaining! Maybe the buttspanks comment was a bit uncalled for though. I didn't miss you out on purpose. Promise.
    Xox

Nothing is uncalled for...unless you're running around cursing at people this is a public forum where all opinions are welcome. ..sometimes even debate. If you stick around long enough you'll see the people you're labeling as mean as not only successful but super helpful who steer people out of bad decisions and on to a path of the same success they had...

I'm all about booty though. Thought what we had was special?!??!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Light cleaning:

Cardio-Versus-Strength-Training.jpeg

Heavy Cleaning:

01.jpg

This is the first thing I thought of too. Guess I've been lifting long enough to have that happen! Or, maybe, not cleaning enough at home because I'm cleaning at the gym! LOL!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Don't remember telling anyone not to give their opinion. Strange.

You sarcastically said "I thought people here liked opinions". Therefore, implying that we should keep them to ourselves.

She also started off telling people to get a life (which infers that they shouldn't be posting/stating an opinion) and also to "put their claws away" (which again infers that people shouldn't state their opinions).

I addressed that as well with the picture post I made. :P
  • molls10m
    Options
    woah woah woah *goes way back to the beginning of the thread and reads EVERYTHING!*
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My walk to the bathroom was heavy walking, my walk back was light walking.

^ This one!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Light cleaning:

Cardio-Versus-Strength-Training.jpeg

Heavy Cleaning:

01.jpg

Come on, now, there's no reason to resort to light shaming.
  • binterla
    binterla Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LyI found the calculator I used..fitwatch.com...try it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I make my cat clean the shower…

However, I never see him cleaning, I just see him doing this...

P0F0lsg_zps48239fa3.gif
  • Bethanyannmariah
    Options
    Someone else to attack hey guys? Must be exciting for you all.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    LOL I have had many cups of water and have had to use the rest room for a couple hours now, but I can't step away from this.

TMI...who cares...

This is just too entertaining.

People people people please stop with the trying to protect OP crap. Its nonsense. No one was being mean, rude or telling her what to do. I guess those of you did not read the entire thread. Or just are not mentally stable enough for forums.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Light cleaning = when my husband does it
    Heavy cleaning = when I do it
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

No one was attacking anybody. The only one that came close was the woman a couple of pages back that started the name calling.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

It's really cute how you start off in this thread with zero helpful advice to the OP but accuse others of having no life and to put the claws away...only to then claim you're now a target by running around the thread all "Ermegerd guiz, you're so meeean." Are you. ...are you trolling right now?
This discussion has been closed.