MFP has really changed

Options

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

:smile: :laugh: :mad: :explode: :ohwell: :smooched: :smooched: :heart: :brokenheart: :bigsmile: :huh: :huh: :cry: :smokin:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I gotta find the light v heavy cleaning thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1455627-cleaning-light-or-heavy?page=10#posts-21652969

It's not even mean. Seriously. Other than the OP getting bent out of shape and another lady name calling.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Most of us have all been in the same situation and for the few of you that have always been fit and use the site to keep track of your fitness then you need to understand that it doesn't come as easy to some as it does to you.

I think this is the biggest misconception out there on MFP – that people who have never been obese are some different species of human that have remained fit because they are just naturally in shape and it “comes as easy”. Absolutely not. I am have remained fit over a long period of time because I work hard and put my fork down when I know that I’ve eaten enough. At the same time, countless people around me have not done that, and eventually had to deal with the consequences. You have two choices: to control your eating impulses on a daily basis or indulge in them and then engage in damage control after the fact. Neither option is easy, but the former is much more preferable.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it is a big accomplishment to lose a lot of weight – but to have gained all of that weight, you went through a long period of time where you let yourself go and just ate and drank whatever you wanted while I didn't. You were sleeping at 5:00am while I was out running or at the gym. Sustaining these habits long term does not “come as easy”
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

:smile: :laugh: :mad: :explode: :ohwell: :smooched: :smooched: :heart: :brokenheart: :bigsmile: :huh: :huh: :cry: :smokin:

omg why have I never seen this before !!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just next to peoples user name is a little blue triangle, I click on that and select ignore user every time I read something i think is mean or willfully unhelpful. I then never have to read that persons comments again on any thread. I think that is a great feature of this site. There are still lots of kind helpful supportive people here though:smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I started on this site for the first time about three years ago. At that time it was a wonderful place to get motivation and support. I found a lot of nice and helpful people. This site is suppose to be about supporting each other, but more and more I see people being less supportive and just down right mean. Some users seem to have an attitude that they are better because they have been a successful where another user wasn't as successful or is taking just a little more time.
    I have read multiple post today where a person asked a simple question and they were ridiculed for it. One poor girl simply asked what was the difference between light cleaning and heavy cleaning. That's all she wanted to know, but there were post after post about how she shouldn't log cleaning. It's not anyone's right to tell another person what they should and shouldn't log. If I decided to log "walking to my fridge to get a snack" it's no one's business but my own.
    I think some users are forgetting the reasons for a site like this. I also want to make it clear that I'm saying "some users", because there are still a lot of genuinely nice people on here.
    We all need to be kind to one another. Most of us have all been in the same situation and for the few of you that have always been fit and use the site to keep track of your fitness then you need to understand that it doesn't come as easy to some as it does to you. For the ones that have been overweight and out of shape remember where you have come from and how you felt in the beginning.
    It shouldn't matter if you are morbidly obese, too thin, or have never had an issue. We are all here for the same reason and that's to be the best us we can be. So, as I said before be kind to one another or you're disrespecting the site, the members, and yourself. It's fantastic to look good but real beauty still comes from within.

I completely agree. I used to be here a while ago too and it definitely has changed. Just add more like minded and seemingly supportive people you see here and there (like me!) and post more to your comments list.

There is no need for someone to nitpick and attack people that are just looking for a supportive ear. That makes you a craphead. :flowerforyou:

No need for someone to attack people and then you call them craphead.

Pot...meet kettle.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

jlrs2015 has deactivated their account.

Way to go, guys. :huh:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It seems this OP deactivated rather than participate any longer in what became just another mean people thread where who is mean and exactly what they do that makes them mean is not disclosed.
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm really confused. Light cleaning? Do people actually clean their lights? It seems like you'd get burned.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

Of course. Their job is done here.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options

User Deactivated.

To be fair, I think that this account was created specifically to start this thread/post similar posts.

On a side note, I don't get why people "ignore" so many other users. How can you participate on the same posts as those people if you don't know what they're saying? If what they're saying is really that bad, then they'd get shut down anyway.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    People, would you stop being mean? I mean, really! Stop encouraging people to cut calories and exercise... and cheer people on for eating pizza and sitting on the couch for the love of God, already!

tumblr_lz7vfwBn2v1qgos8wo1_500.jpg

So, exactly how many calories does MFP say that you burn when you go to the fridge to get a snack? I am really curious.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I started on this site for the first time about three years ago. At that time it was a wonderful place to get motivation and support. I found a lot of nice and helpful people. This site is suppose to be about supporting each other, but more and more I see people being less supportive and just down right mean. Some users seem to have an attitude that they are better because they have been a successful where another user wasn't as successful or is taking just a little more time.
    I have read multiple post today where a person asked a simple question and they were ridiculed for it. One poor girl simply asked what was the difference between light cleaning and heavy cleaning. That's all she wanted to know, but there were post after post about how she shouldn't log cleaning. It's not anyone's right to tell another person what they should and shouldn't log. If I decided to log "walking to my fridge to get a snack" it's no one's business but my own.
    I think some users are forgetting the reasons for a site like this. I also want to make it clear that I'm saying "some users", because there are still a lot of genuinely nice people on here.
    We all need to be kind to one another. Most of us have all been in the same situation and for the few of you that have always been fit and use the site to keep track of your fitness then you need to understand that it doesn't come as easy to some as it does to you. For the ones that have been overweight and out of shape remember where you have come from and how you felt in the beginning.
    It shouldn't matter if you are morbidly obese, too thin, or have never had an issue. We are all here for the same reason and that's to be the best us we can be. So, as I said before be kind to one another or you're disrespecting the site, the members, and yourself. It's fantastic to look good but real beauty still comes from within.

I completely agree. I used to be here a while ago too and it definitely has changed. Just add more like minded and seemingly supportive people you see here and there (like me!) and post more to your comments list.

There is no need for someone to nitpick and attack people that are just looking for a supportive ear. That makes you a craphead. :flowerforyou:

No need for someone to attack people and then you call them craphead.

Pot...meet kettle.

You're being mean for calling her out. :tongue: :laugh:
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

No big loss, considering she apparently only created the account to post her rant. She claimed she's been on MFP 3 years but her account creation date was this month.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Just next to peoples user name is a little blue triangle, I click on that and select ignore user every time I read something i think is mean or willfully unhelpful. I then never have to read that persons comments again on any thread. I think that is a great feature of this site. There are still lots of kind helpful supportive people here though:smile:
    May as well just click my triangle now if you haven't already.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

To be fair, I think that this account was created specifically to start this thread/post similar posts.

On a side note, I don't get why people "ignore" so many other users. How can you participate on the same posts as those people if you don't know what they're saying? If what they're saying is really that bad, then they'd get shut down anyway.

Agreed. They are still around watching the flames go down on this post from their main account.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

Agreed. They are still around watching the flames go down on this post from their main account.

6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535d2dc55970b-800wi.jpg
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    People, would you stop being mean? I mean, really! Stop encouraging people to cut calories and exercise... and cheer people on for eating pizza and sitting on the couch for the love of God, already!

tumblr_lz7vfwBn2v1qgos8wo1_500.jpg

So, exactly how many calories does MFP say that you burn when you go to the fridge to get a snack? I am really curious.

well I guess that would depend on how many minutes it takes you to get to your fridge. For me it's about 30 seconds at most at 2mph snail pace for for my weight that is... 4 calories. :laugh:

OP was a troll oh well if they deactivate their account, maybe they can roll over to sparkpeople or something. Might I suggest cronometer where there is no forums for her to get her panties in a bunch :laugh:
  • occultllama
    occultllama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been here for years but only this year did I use the online resource rather than the mobile app (no free wifi in Uni dorms). To be honest I was shocked with how nasty parts of the community on here are and try to keep away from it as much as possible, I only come on when something interesting pops up on my news feed thingy down the side of my home page.

Overall my impression:

Myfitnesspal = Great app.
    Myfitnesspal community = Nasty place, avoid as much as possible.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit and all my questions about logging how much I worked out disappeared cuz it tracked it for me. Hence I avoid the snarky comment people. LOL!