Females - How many sport bras do you own?

Options
I was reading through the other post that was talking about whether she should get a sports bra or use a regular one, etc. This got me thinking (because I did actually wonder this awhile ago)....how many sport bras do women usually have on hand for their athletic ventures?

When I first started seriously working out, I used an old one from a Walmart store because it's what I always had on hand - it was a cheap-o and did enough to make a difference. I remember thinking back then that I should really just get some decent ones so I would work out more and have a decent variety to use throughout the week as I got so tired of washing them what seemed like ALL the time. The ones I buy are not cheap, but I need good support and try to find good underwire ones and have found a lot of them in the past year. Currently, I have eight of them and boy, do I love it! This means I can wear a fresh one every day without having to have washed/hung it up to dry overnight in order to be ready for my next workout.

I got fun colors, different styles that are somewhat similar, but different enough to be work with various tank styles. I just hated to spend any money on something like sport bras, but getting them has made such a nice difference in how I look at getting ready to head to the gym - even if I'm not in the mood (which doesn't happen often). I would love to get more and maybe I will, but for now, I love the convenience of not being at the bathroom sink all the time (cleaning my bras). I even have a couple that are medium support that I wear on days that I just lift versus lift and cardio. I have three devoted to hard-core cardio.

I know people sometimes go crazy on new gym clothes, but my focus has been on the foundations this year and I love it! I'm scouting for some additional neon colors as well. I usually find the brands that work best for me are Moving Comfort, Champion and some of the newer Victoria's Secret ones (they have underwire AND extra lining = no show thru).

Any other ladies out there who are happy with their cute or functional AND cute sports bras?

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have about 14 and they are all functional since I wear them under my jeresy's when I ride my bike or shirt when I'm in the gym. If I want cute, I do the workout tank tops for hiking and the gym.
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    6 total
    2 crappy ones from target because they're easy to lounge around the house in
    2 moving comfort ones (the Rebound Racer in two different colors - if they weren't so expensive, I'd have twelve of them. Literally the perfect bra)
    2 Victoria's secret yoga bras (uncomfortable but sexy under workout tops. yes, I care about that sometimes.)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I have about 14 and they are all functional since I wear them under my jeresy's when I ride my bike or shirt when I'm in the gym. If I want cute, I do the workout tank tops for hiking and the gym.

I wish I could wear those workout tank tops....they are SO cute, but I just can't keep it all where it should be in those alone. If something has a shelf-bra (most worthless thing ever, for me), then I can sometimes get away with cutting it out and wearing my own under, but usually, not worth the effort. Love those things though!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    One, and it's really old. I think cute ones in pretty colors are going to be purchased soon. I work out at home, with no one but my baby watching, but the self confidence a nice bra brings will probably be worth the money
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    6 total
    2 crappy ones from target because they're easy to lounge around the house in
    2 moving comfort ones (the Rebound Racer in two different colors - if they weren't so expensive, I'd have twelve of them. Literally the perfect bra)
    2 Victoria's secret yoga bras (uncomfortable but sexy under workout tops. yes, I care about that sometimes.)

Ever since my b**bs got small enough to wear cute bras again, I am always on the look out for cute ones that are, of course, functional (meaning ....they hold things where they should be). My favorite 'cute' one is an angel one from VS that has a double set of criss cross in the back (in hot pink color). I wear it under black or white tank tops so the back shows and I just love that.
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    I'm still too big on top for most sports bras (34G), so the ones I do have are basic black or white. They are not pretty so there's not much point in my getting them in cute colors. But, they are supportive so I'm grateful for that. As for quantity, I work-out 3x a week and have 4 sports bras in my current size.

My first 'wonderful' new bra for harder workouts was the Moving Comfort Fiona. It was black and has adjustable straps which was great (Velcro, even). I got two sizes and used them both before moving on to other ones (I got some in other colors later when they were on clearance, but I like my newer ones better now that things aren't as large up there). And no, I don't work for MC or any other bra company. I just liked those a lot. Easy to wash up too.
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    One, and it's really old. I think cute ones in pretty colors are going to be purchased soon. I work out at home, with no one but my baby watching, but the self confidence a nice bra brings will probably be worth the money

True - I think it does do something too. Just put some pep in the step when I have a cute, bright one on!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    5...and I love my VS sports bra! Best ever!
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Three... Two black and one purple (in profile pic). I feel like I'm way behind!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    One...

and it's amazing.
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    2. At 34H it's just too expensive to buy many of them - most of the time they cost about £50 each to get something with any support. So I wear those and occasional double-bra with my fairly supportive normal bras.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey guys can wear 'em too. Never heard of the "mansierre"?
    zssUfrb.gif
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I just have two good ones. After every workout I hang them up to air, and they seem to do fine between launderings.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just the one, I have baps of doom and bras generally are expensive, but my boulder holder for the gym especially so. So it gets washed 4 or 5 times a week, but they cost £35-40. They're good quality though and when I buy a new one, it's always been because my old one is too big, rather than knackered.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    5 but I usually wear one of my 2 black Under Armour ones. Not exciting but does the job and my workout clothes are pretty bright so the color doesn't clash.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm still too big on top for most sports bras (34G), so the ones I do have are basic black or white. They are not pretty so there's not much point in my getting them in cute colors. But, they are supportive so I'm grateful for that. As for quantity, I work-out 3x a week and have 4 sports bras in my current size.

Have you tried looking at a specialty bra store? I wear an *unusual* size (32E) so I definitely never find the right size in regular stores. Online I like herroom.com or barenecessities.com--they both carry a huge range of sizes. The good ones are not inexpensive ($60+), but so worth it.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Two rather old ones but still ok for non jumping/running workout
    Two thin new ones to wear under shirts
    Two thick, most stable and could be used without a shirt. (Still to much of me for this)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have 2 that I wear. It's too expensive to buy more, especially since, as I lose weight, my band size is changing.
    I love this bra. I have it in 36FF and the girls are supported and not bouncing all over, plus its pretty cute. I have the gray and purple. Id like another in blue and orange. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005X5GOWU/ref=twister_B005X5FG2O
  • morphenia
    Options
    I've got 5 though not all are usable.

One is a bit old but I never wore it because it was big.
    One is too small so again, I don't wear it.
    Three I have from Old Navy which seems to do the trick quite well.
  • CatWhispererrrr
    CatWhispererrrr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I have 4 and ALWAYS have to rewash and hang almost daily! It's very annoying but I cant exactly afford to double the amount of sports bras I have! I wish I could though!!

I have also had to buy smaller bras as I lose weight, which is kind of bitter sweet.

For reference, I have 3 Panache underwire sports bras, which I buy online and usually end up around $80. And one underwire from Victoria Secret, which I surprisingly LOVE considering i hate their regular bras! Underwire is CRUCIAL for non uniboob!!

What brands does everyone else recommend??