Females - How many sport bras do you own?

Options

Replies

• fastdumpster
    Options

2 newer Moving comfort ones, for running anything longer than 5 miles
    2 older Moving comfort ones, for gym or short runs. They started chafing during long runs after I had been using them a long time
    1 even older Moving comfort bra, retired from running because it doesn't support enough anymore. Still ok for elliptical.
    1 stretchy comfy sports bra for yoga

Re: washing them: I often just hop in the shower with my sports bra on after working out. Rinse it, sometimes shampoo it, and hang it to dry. That way I can wear them more than 1 time between laundry days.
  • phillipakemp
    phillipakemp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love the 'man's bra'!!! I've only got one and it's too big now so isn't doing the job any more! Time for a new one :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have 4 but really need more because 2 are from Wal-Mart
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/sports-bras/shock-absorber/shock-absorber-b4490-active-multi-sports-support-bra.html

What works for me. They are quite restrictive before you get used to them and they do create a monoboob, but I have a slender back and very large breasts, without something that tight they'd just be flailing about and getting up into everything. Not good.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    None, I wear regular ones.

I don't do a lot of cardio, mainly lifting. Plus, they're really comfy anyway, and I don't need loads of support. For those reasons, I don't see the point in getting a specific sports bra.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1! But I haven't worn it in years... damn things only seem to work if they also restrict my breathing... screw that.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a sports bra or needed to. I wear a good underwire bra for everything. Cacique from Lane Bryant in 36C or 38C is the best I've ever found, so comfortable you can't feel that you're wearing one at all without feeling for the straps.
  • cess3308
    cess3308 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I have around 25 :embarassed: I know that's ridiculous, but I have a major addiction to cute workout clothes lol. Most of them are from Ross, TJMaxx, or Fabletics...I don't really need a ton of support haha
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I think I have around 25 :embarassed: I know that's ridiculous, but I have a major addiction to cute workout clothes lol. Most of them are from Ross, TJMaxx, or Fabletics...I don't really need a ton of support haha

:drinker: :happy:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    5 and 5 pairs of workout pants
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Four including one cute one that i bought for my daughter but was too small for her. I probably should get more, but since i only have 2 sets of clothes that I wear to the gym (working out at home involves different clothes) I seem to wear the same ones over and over and just keep tossing them in the wash with my gym stuff.
  • lemonlime006
    Options
    20! I usually wear about 2 per day, but I am a special case. I wear one in the morning for working out, then I change into another one after I shower. I'm in the military, and I find they're more comfortable for all day working, running around, climbing, etc. My favorite used to be C9 by Champion from Target. They come in fun colors, and are supportive enough without being restrictive by the end of the day. I'm about a 32C/34B depending on the brand. The only downfall for these is that if you sweat a lot, the color bleeds through your clothes. Even after I had them for months! To be fair, the only time this happened to me was when I was wearing full gear (bullet proof vest w/accessories), but still, embarrassing! Nothing like a pink chest in uniform. I've recently started switching to the under armor ones because I have broad shoulders, and as I lifted more, and my chest got bigger, the straps started to feel restrictive by the end of the day, especially noticeable after a 24 hour shift. I find the under armor give as much support, but are less restrictive, and still come in fun colors. They're about twice as expensive though.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    0! My boobs are so small I barely need a regular bra.....That's a lie I don't need a regular bra at all, but I still wear one cause I don't want to feel like I'm 6 years old again. :/
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I'm still too big on top for most sports bras (34G), so the ones I do have are basic black or white. They are not pretty so there's not much point in my getting them in cute colors. But, they are supportive so I'm grateful for that. As for quantity, I work-out 3x a week and have 4 sports bras in my current size.

Have you tried looking at a specialty bra store? I wear an *unusual* size (32E) so I definitely never find the right size in regular stores. Online I like herroom.com or barenecessities.com--they both carry a huge range of sizes. The good ones are not inexpensive ($60+), but so worth it.

I am a 34 G I have found one in the Berlei range even. It's not too hard if you just look. It's all about looking hard. I am also not working so I have to get the cheapest possible option.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I own 3
    1 Fila 1 champion 1 generic one from meijers but its good and they are all high performance…even for just running I have to have full support….

I saw a girl run- my age and she was not properly supported with sports bra and i wished i never looked at her-b/c its just awkward guys, ok? it even looked like her girls were in pain all flapping up and down 20 times per every 2 steps and ( she was running she had gear on) its like really? ok maybe you can't afford them but I'm sure saving up for at least one…every runner-beginner or advanced should properly support their girls…I won't run without a sports bra…I don't want saggy boobs and i get enough perverts breaking necks as it is…me running with a regular bra -oh boy i'd better pitch the pepper and get a taser HAHA. unLESSS you want the kind of attention go for it--then i just pity you…

I would love a victoria secret sports bra-just one at least-must be nice to afford all victoria secret sports wear.
    I have a cute hot magenta fila one and it does not bleed through with its colors even brand new it hasn't onto my workout clothes and i SWEAT-idk why thats happening to the one girl but that is not normal…
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    13 - 6 for running and 7 that are not supportive enough to run long distances in.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    5...and I love my VS sports bra! Best ever!

I completely agree!! I love the VS sports bras. I only have two but the are just over $50 each. I don't want too many because I know my cup size will shrink the more I lose
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have 5 currently as I've been loosing weight rapidly and good sports bras and bike gear are things I spend money on. I've been losing more band size than cup size though.

2 Enell's that are 2 sizes too big (I use them for biking)
    1 Glamorise Women's Double Layer Custom Control Sport Bra that about 1 size too big (biking/walking)
    1 Glamorise Women's Double Layer Custom Control Sport Bra in the right size which holds me in like a torture device (running/jumping)
    1 Enell in the correct size (lifting, walking)

I used too be a 54I before I had a reduction and lost weight so I understand the pain of finding good support. For the Enell bras, I've had luck finding factory rejects/secondhand from Ebay for reasonable prices.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    None. I just double on my trusty regular ones. Sport bras offer little support for the large busted. Some just squish in without being able to control the bounce, others attempt to look like regular bras but offer only a fraction of the regular support, and the ones that do work are so huge, bulky, ugly and uncomfortable.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    1 bra that fits/gets used when exercising
    2 that have gotten loose/get used for everything else