• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You do know that wearing high heels, don't help :bigsmile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    <
    Probably the wrong person to offer advice here. Love my legs. I get compliments on them all the time. And I can rock some high heels. :drinker:

I haven't done much to get these legs. These are my genetics. I lift weights, but I'm in a deficit, so this is all me, reducing the fat over them through exercise.

I get that strong looking legs are not everyone's cup of tea, but I decided a long time ago to try and make peace with the body I have, instead of wishing that I looked like someone else. I'm still aiming to improve my weight, health, and fitness....but I'm not going to obsess over looking like someone I'm not.

Good luck to you OP. I hope you find some solutions for your body image problem.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You really can’t fight Mother Nature. Last year some wingnut congressman from Iowa was warning of “illegal immigrants” with calves like cantaloupe (due to allegedly carrying huge bundles of drugs into the US). I found it very funny because I have huge calves that I got from my Scandinavian Iowa Farm Wife Grandmother.

Actually both of my grandmother’s were born and raised on Iowa farms, survival on the windswept fjords of Norway or the northern plains of the US never favored the weak and I can’t say I am unhappy about it.

You get to play the cards you are dealt, the sooner you work toward being the best (healthiest) version of you the happier you will be.
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    My muscles that is... If others like their muscles that's great :happy: but I don't like the way they look on me.

Me too. I am so freaking huge, buff and ripped I cant even stand it!! Whenever you get an answer to your problem please let me know as I am so sick and tired of looking this way.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    i just don't like the muscles because they look so unfeminine :frown:

If you are a woman then your legs are feminine.

I understand that you may not like your legs and that's just too bad because there's nothing you can do except learn to love them. Saying muscular legs aren't feminine is disrespectful to yourself and all other women. Stop trying to define feminine as some unrealistic standard because it's just going to cause you to hate yourself forever.

This is my friend Lynndsey Miller. She's a bikini competitor and a powerlifting competitor. She's taken first place in both. She lifts very heavy and has "muscular" legs, but I think she looks pretty darn feminine.
    20140322_NPCUTAH_CI46588.jpg
    51390-lynndsey-miller-11_thumb.jpg
    51390-lynndsey-miller-21_thumb.jpg
    1597556_299412796913609_721011878_n.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO

(to the OP)
  • leaxyzz
    Options
    I suggest a therapist
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, do you also have weight to lose? Nine times out of ten, the people posting about having "bulky" or "super muscley" legs actually still have fat to lose in those areas--you can have relatively firm or strong legs and also still have body fat to lose. Interestingly, these people also never, ever post pictures of their supposedly bulky legs. Perception is everything, too.

Otherwise, the "straight line" thing... evaluate that. Why do you want a straight line? You pulled the feminine card, but feminine = curvy, which includes the shapeliness of legs... so that doesn't make sense. So why do you want "straight lines"?

I didn't look at your profile, but if you happen to be 21 or under, the answer also lines up with the many posts that pop up on MFP maligning leg shape: you're a woman now and your shape has changed. You develop into your early/mid-20s.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    You'll never convince me, outside of juicing and a tried and true weightlifting routine, that a woman could have unfeminine legs... I'll be taking my unfeminine legs right out of hurr.
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    In for the ladies with muscular legs :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    My muscles that is... If others like their muscles that's great :happy: but I don't like the way they look on me.
    Legit reasons to blame your parents then. The reality is is that you're stuck with what you have. You can dwell on it and be unhappy or you can work on what you got and make it better.
    It's rare to find ANYONE in the world who's satisfied perfectly with how they look whether it's body, hair, face, etc. In life, people really aren't that aware of how are others are (unless they are purposely viewed each day in the media). They are just more concerned about themselves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    They are bulky :grumble: they are not straight... I would post a pic of what i mean but i don't know how.
    I want straight legs like Cara Delevigne.... My legs bump out from the back of the thighs so there is no straight line.

The only way you are going to have legs like Cara Delevigne is to BE Cara Delevigne... As someone who used to despise their "muscley" thighs... really try to learn to love them and what they are capable of... because it really isn't going to change no matter what you try.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    okay, so my thighs and calves are really muscley :cry: and I would like to know what i could do to burn the leg muscle and get nice straight legs? :smile: I've been running and i used to Jump rope but then my thighs and calves have gotten huge any exercises to reduce them?

Join the Soviet space program. In space your muscles can wither away from lack of use. Running will make you stronger but it won't reduce your muscle size.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    i just don't like the muscles because they look so unfeminine :frown:
    I do not subscribe to all these ideas people have of what feminine is. Women come in all shapes and sizes and have all kinds of attitudes.

Real women don't always have curves. Skinny women as are feminine as any. Muscular women are still feminine. Fat women are women, too.

We are all women. Some like curvy, some like muscular or skinny. But we all qualify as real women.

Fake women are made of plastic.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I've been running and i used to Jump rope but then my thighs and calves have gotten huge

pics of these "huge" "muscley" thighs and calves please.

upload to an image hosting site like imgur or flickr or photobucket, the post the link like this:

[i m g] YOUR LINK HERE[/i m g]

(remove the spaces between the "i" and the "m" and the "g")

also, please learn to love yourself a bit more.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Once you're grow up your legs are not meant to be stick straight. If you want skinny fat legs, stop exercising and continue at a deficit.

When you get there and still think you're fat, get a therapist.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    They are bulky :grumble: they are not straight... I would post a pic of what i mean but i don't know how.
    I want straight legs like Cara Delevigne.... My legs bump out from the back of the thighs so there is no straight line.

Yeaaaah... Um, this is how eating disorders are born... Cara Delevingne has a BMI of 16.5... She is not normal or typical and normal, typical women should not strive to look like this.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I love my leg muscles. I'd hate to lose them. And they're still 'feminine'...

10684224_1521291361440542_108241791_n.jpg

10608013_1484965731742863_1979385848_n.jpg
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Genetics or being stuck in a wheelchair for a very long time.

Instead of trying to change something you can't you need to learn to love your body.

this
  • release_the_kraken
    Options

I am a size 1-2. I have to buy curvy bootcut jeans in my size because my legs are muscular and the straight cut legs are too tight. That's just the way my legs are. You can't change your musculature. Look at other people's legs - it doesn't look bad.

1c18e6e0e298cf5ed84092c26eba9f515552.jpg
    1c180f24dd36ae563b6d87513c5cbdf2a183.jpg

Great legs...