Warning: Men may wanna stay away.

Options
WrkinProg55
WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
Aunt Flo is due for a visit. Normally I don't gain weight to much around this time BUT I have gained 3 lbs and feel like a puffer fish. Its so aggravating because I'm eating good ( although I'm extremely hungry and the only thing I want is a big bag of chips.) Ugh! I'm really hoping that its all just due to my up coming ( .) and not my body going on strike! Anyone have this problem? And if so how much do you gain? And does its come off fast?
THANKS!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Count yourself lucky...I'm a hot mess right now. Hormones are raging, every singlel symptom of PMS is amplified, I've gained 12 pounds in bloat. My PMS is killing me right now! I could eat the fridge door if it had ketchup on it.
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha! Not to mention all I wanna do is sleep! And I'm taking like 30 workout challenges this month and I just wanna SLEEP!. Well glad I'm not alone!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Those darn hormones.....
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to have HUGE problems with my period. Fixed it by taking birth control continuously (no sugar pill). I'm talking, 8 days heavy flow, huge cramps, some poop extremes, nausea, grumpiness, migraine, depression, the whole 9 yards.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah, like every single month for me. I gain anywhere from 3-5 pounds of water before it starts and I don't lose that until about 5 days after it's over.

It's gotten better lately because I've been monitoring my sodium and carb intake and drinking lots and lots of water, so the retention is better, but don't think it's ever going to go away. Just something I have to deal with for about 10 days out of the month.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time and I hear ya on the bag of chips. they are my weakness! lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i always gain a couple pounds and feel like a bloated dead fish

i also usually want to eat the entire planet , cry often and sleep

my cramps are also horrendous and i pretty much wish i could have my hot rice pad attached to my lower back/stomach area for the week
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I just got mine. I probably gain anywhere between 3-5 lbs while PMSing. I lose it in a day or two. The cravings are normal. I'm a low carber, so I always crave chocolate and starch.

Estrogen levels fluctuate, as well as levels of cortisol. The body wants to keep these levels even, causing us to crave carbohydrates and fat. If cortisol, the stress hormone is high, and serotonin is low, we'll crave simple carbohydrates and fats, usually sugary treats like candy and chocolate. This is because these simple carbs will up our serotonin fast. If cortisol is elevated, but serotonin is normal, we'll crave carbs and fat, but not necessarily that sugary treat.

:smile:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Most women retain water just before their periods. (It's why Midol has caffeine in it - to act as a diuretic). I usually gain 3-5 lbs overnight that disappear by the 3rd day.
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    And people said MFP has changed.

No it hasnt.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its completely normal to gain 3lbs during TOM, (its not a REAL gain btw) drink plenty of water and that bloated feeling will pass and your weight will go down in a few days (my weight can stay elevated for up to a week :/)..but its temporary and its normal.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Is it your first period?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Was the title of this thread meant to mean men should stay away from this thread, or from you?
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ( .) That looks like a boob. :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I gain 5# during ovulation and menstruation. It sucks!!!!:grumble:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I always gain exactly 3 pounds. That's how I know which day I'm going to start, actually.

I usually hold pretty steady for two weeks. Then suddenly I'll drop 1 pound. Then suddenly I'll drop 3 pounds all at once. Then just as suddenly, 3 pounds will come back. My period starts the next day. The next week I'll lose 1 pound. Three weeks later I'll suddenly drop 3 pounds. One week after that, I gain 3 pounds. Then I start my period. Etc.

So it's lose 1, lose 0, lose 3, gain 3, lose 1, lose 0, lose 3, gain 3.
    It slows things down, but it's no a big deal.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Is it your first period?

LOL
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Aunt flo is a big meanie and I hate her.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Is it your first period?

2rzf8s5.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Aunt flo is a big meanie and I hate her.

sweet cans! i bet they get sore when you're raggin, huh?