Dating in 2014...WOW!

Options

Replies

• mustlovecakes
    Options
    And the embarrassing moment when you realize they sent you a fake pic....
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I love nice guys! The problem is, I also want someone I am attracted to, and can have decent conversations with.
    Now THAT is hard to find.
    I have no kids, but I've pretty much given up finding anyone else who doesn't, unless I go at least 8 years younger. Even then, they usually have a kid. Anyway, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I haven't gotten to the point of them wanting me to be stand-in Mommy, so I don't know how that would work out...
    But yeah, most guys these days just want to bang...which I'm ok with too, as long as it's up front, safe, enjoyable, and re-occurring!
    :bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    And the embarrassing moment when you realize they sent you a fake pic....

Look, I explained it to you. I was in the pool. It was cold. There was significant shrinkage...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So, this topic was not started because you are currently ready to date, but because you just wanted to know how everyone else feels about the dating structure nowadays? Okay, thanks for the clarification. In that case, I really don't see why so many women keep going down that same old road, 'there aren't any more good guys out there', 'there's no more honest men', 'where did all of the gentlemen go'. All I have to say is, stop living in your perfect little fairy tale dream that there is a prince charming and the 'perfect man'. There are people, good and bad, no matter what sex. You have to give to get. Appreciate who you are with, and they will appreciate you. If it doesn't work this way, then apparently there is no compatibility there and the relationship needs to come to an end. The best advice that I can give, stop putting people in a box! No one fits the perfect stereotypical man, or the perfect stereotypical woman. Stop kidding yourself. BE REALISTIC! Nobody is perfect, but yes we can find that person who fits us the best.

pretty sure this is why they are sending the pics. square pegs and round holes and all that.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Im newly divorced and 30 yrs old. What is up with the dating scene nowadays?!?! "Hey how are you, heres a pic of my junk" Seriously, only been a few years since I dated, but have things really changed this much?? Yea, I think I give up!

Apparently not impressive junk.

:laugh:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I love nice guys! The problem is, I also want someone I am attracted to, and can have decent conversations with.
    I have no kids, but I've pretty much given up finding anyone else who doesn't, unless I go at least 8 years younger. Even then, they usually have a kid. Anyway, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I haven't gotten to the point of them wanting me to be stand-in Mommy, so I don't know how that would work out...
    But yeah, most guys these days just want to bang...which I'm ok with too, as long as it's up front, safe, enjoyable, and re-occurring!

That is one of my challenges as well. I'm childfree, do not have kids, do not want kids, and I won't date anyone unless she is also childfree. For me, it is a deal breaker. Having said that, I search far and wide and have even traveled nearly 200 miles one-way just to get stood up. Dating is not easy, and even if I don't give up, I may never find the right woman. I've accepted that reality. It is more important to be honest with myself about what I bring to the table and what the dating world looks like than to falsely believe I'm definitely going to find the perfect match.
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Location Location Location all I can say. But i'm in the same boat@ 32. I wonder the same too. It's a scary dating scene out there and I think I might crawl back in my woman cave lol. Yet, don't lose hope. If you got the time and patience, keep trying.
    Im newly divorced and 30 yrs old. What is up with the dating scene nowadays?!?! "Hey how are you, heres a pic of my junk" Seriously, only been a few years since I dated, but have things really changed this much?? Yea, I think I give up!
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Better you know what their junk looks like right out the gate than to be disappointed in person.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

That is one of my challenges as well. I'm childfree, do not have kids, do not want kids, and I won't date anyone unless she is also childfree. For me, it is a deal breaker. Having said that, I search far and wide and have even traveled nearly 200 miles one-way just to get stood up. Dating is not easy, and even if I don't give up, I may never find the right woman. I've accepted that reality. It is more important to be honest with myself about what I bring to the table and what the dating world looks like than to falsely believe I'm definitely going to find the perfect match.
    Wowzeers
  • ncbeachprincess
    Options
    Totally not looking for hookups, etc. I am very confident, and focused in my life, career, fitness goals, etc. Im ok with being single, its not something that I MUST have right now.

My biggest fault is that I don't really go out much. I work 50 hrs a week, from home. I feel left out of the normal things, commuting, meeting people at the gas station, etc.

Im not looking for a fairy tale by no means, just itty bitty junk pics are just so sad!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When a guy sends you a picture of his junk, send him a pic of the biggest, hairiest, scariest junk you can find on the internet and be like "I like yours baby...you like mine?" Then you'll never have to worry about it again. :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way you are free to do and date whoever you want and just have fun with no committment.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ...men are sexual beings, and some of them have a "junk quota" they have to meat

Not sure if typo, Freudian slip, or for teh funneh! :D
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Better you know what their junk looks like right out the gate than to be disappointed in person.

Tru Bra. It would so much easier for women to pick the real winner if guys would just line up and they could eliminate any guy packing under 8. We all know that is the true test of character, trust, temperament, kindness, intelligence, selflessness, and overall compatibility in a solid relationship.

Stay long. Stay strong man.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Are you upset because you aren't getting enough junk pics?? Don't give up. Join Tinder. I'm sure you'll get plenty there. :flowerforyou:

Absolutely not! Its sickening that thats what a person resorts too.

So you don't like junk? Why do you hate sex?

lmao! I dont hate junk, or sex...but im not going to bed with someone i just met!

Why?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I've never had that issue with the junk pictures, and I dated online :/ Maybe because I used a site I had to pay for? Dunno.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    When a guy sends you a picture of his junk, send him a pic of the biggest, hairiest, scariest junk you can find on the internet and be like "I like yours baby...you like mine?" Then you'll never have to worry about it again. :)

OMG........BEST thing I've read all day! HA HA - thx for the laugh!!:laugh:
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

OMG........BEST thing I've read all day! HA HA - thx for the laugh!!:laugh:
    HAHAHA That is a great response!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Was dating ever great? I am pretty shy, never really liked meeting new people. I don't know how things have changed, but I am glad I am not dating anymore. Is that the only difference, the technology?
  • misslynn1976
    Options
    I've been single and dating for 3 years now. Guys won't approach me in person (I don't know why) and guys on line send you a bunch of nude pics and want nude pics in return. The dating scene has definitely change. I've pretty much given up.