LADIES: I need a new facial moisturizer !

Options

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Dr Perricone and Caudalie
  • parsaamin88
    Options
    Simple has a good range of feather light moisturizers ..
    cheap too :)
    Been using it for years and loving it !
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble finding a moisturizer that works for my face because my skin is not dry at all, a little oily. These days I have been using Avene Cleanance Lotion (I bought a couple because they said they are changing the formula). I get it (in Canada) at London Drugs or any other pharmacy that has a skin care section. Also my skin can be sensitive. Avene is for sensitive or problem skin. Does anyone reccomend a face spf for oily skin.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Simple has a good range of feather light moisturizers ..
    cheap too :)
    Been using it for years and loving it !

I might try that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    My goodness, there are sooooo many to choose from. Go to the Sephora website and fill out the questionnaire and they will recommend from there.

Oh, good idea.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's lightweight, oil-free, great for oily to acne-prone skin, and the majority of Clinique's products are really good for sensitive skin. I worked in cosmetics for roughly 14 years (I was a Counter Manager for Elizabeth Arden and Merle Norman. If in doubt, I sent them to Clinique. I'd rather my customers have something that would truly help them, than just make a dollar.

Oh maybe I will try that. Sorry I am quoting everything. I'm going to look into all these recommendations.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Check out The Body Shop Tea Tree skin care line. It's totally affordable and some kind of wonderful. And if you're less acne-prone with less sensitive skin like me, the Seaweed line is pretty stellar as well. I've tried an awful lot of different skin care lines, from Philosophy to LUSH and I keep coming back to The Body Shop.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I have super sensitive skin prone to breakouts so had pretty much stayed away because they would make me break out, but as I'm aging I know I have to moisturize to keep my skin nice and supple. About a year ago I started using Hyaluronic Acid Beauty cream which I ordered from Puritan's Pride. I use it right after washing my face in the morning alone or under makeup. Once dry it leaves your skin super soft and velvety without any greasy residue and it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out. I am 50 years old and I have to say that my skin is looking pretty darn good and I credit part of it to this nice moisturizer as well as having used Irish Spring Aloe soap for the past 14 years and St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub 3 times a week for at least the last ten! :smile:
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What's your price range? I had a sample of Yes to Tomatoes moisturizer and liked it, but I don't know what size bottle it comes in, and it's a little on the pricy side for drugstore brands. The Clinique suggestion is also a good one. I don't have a ton of recs for a daytime moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin in a lower price range though, because I'm very fair and need spf in all my daytime products and have been using some kinda pricy stuff that's not available in the US (LaRoche-Posay's Anthelios XL line).

On place to try is Paula's Choice, which sells her line of skincare products but also has pages and pages of reviews of other products. She has a few SPF moisturizers for combination/oily skin that come in in decently large sizes - I've used and liked the "Skin-Balancing Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 30". You can find it pretty easily by doing an internet search, and I think they are currently having a 15%-off promo. It's unfortunately only available by mail order, though.
  • PinupGirl13
    PinupGirl13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love estee lauder's daywear. The kind on the pump. It smells awesome, is cooling, and there's spf in it. I have skin like yours.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Aveeno.

I have tried a lot of much more expensive brands -- Body Shop, Philosophy, Dermologica, -- and didn't see any difference at all. I seem to come back to Aveeno or Neutrogena.

I also use prescription-strength Retinol cream a few times a week (bought in Mexico where it is non-prescription) and it seems to prevent aging and make my skin more radiant than anything else I've tried.
  • jojokmack
    Options
    sorry...........but rubbish. Natural oils are the best thing you can use and have been used for centuries. Better than any man-made concoction!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I recommend Cerave' which was recommended by my Dermatologist, and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I work in the beauty industry and get this question a lot.

What price point are you looking at?

Clinique is a great recommendation
    Perricone is super expensive but its a good product if you can afford it
    If you have oily skin Cetaphil has a great oil free moisturizer with a high SPF - I recommend this one all the time, especially to acne prone skin
    Mario Badescu is also a very good line and they have a good anti-acne line
    Dermalogica's Clean Skin line is very, very nice but on the pricey side
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Check out The Body Shop Tea Tree skin care line. It's totally affordable and some kind of wonderful. And if you're less acne-prone with less sensitive skin like me, the Seaweed line is pretty stellar as well. I've tried an awful lot of different skin care lines, from Philosophy to LUSH and I keep coming back to The Body Shop.

Sounds good. I'm like taking over this thread. Lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    So many ideas here!

I'm using that Garnier moisture rescue gel-cream. I've been breaking out bad recently and this gel is sooooo soothing and not exacerbating the existing problem as other products have.

I'm a clinique fan too, but the garnier is cheap and easily available anywhere.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Sounds good. I'm like taking over this thread. Lol

Lol IKR a product junkie's kinda topic.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Seems a lot of people are recommending Aveeno, Cerave, and Clinique.

I also use B.Kamins blemish gel.It's benzoyl peroxide with moisture qualities, but not a moisturizer. And I use an under eye cream or lotion (since the stuff for my face is not gentle enough for under my eyes). I use Neutrogena to wash my face.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a Clinique skin care girl. They have something for every skin concern. Their Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer is AMAZING. You can see a change in your skin after you apply.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I switch up my moisturizers quite often, but my goto's:

Avene
    LaRoche-Possay
    Lush - Gorgeous & Enzymion are both really great!