GOAL TO LOSE 100 LBS - LETS TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME!

Options
2»

Replies

• twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way to go Missyblue with your logging.. I am at about 2 weeks into logging too.. This is usually where I fall off the wagon and lose motivation. Trying to stay motivated this round. Starting to feel better.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hope Zillie and Jenn will keep us all on the right track since they have been there done that.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    I have roughly 100 pounds left to lose, I lost 60 a few months ago but then added back on 15 when I stopped eating right and exercising. I'm back down to 53 pounds lost and am actually doing the whole logging thing 100% of the time instead of faking it some days. Feel free to add me!
  • MaryACoffey
    Options
    Be patient you can get there. My only tip is to use MFP as a guide prior to eating. Most of the people I talk to on MFP log in their food after they eat it. I try to log in and enter the foods I am about to eat before. If I'm not okay with the amount if calories, sugar, etc. I look for ways to change it up. Small changes like light mayo instead of regular, sliced tomato instead of catsup. I am learning that it's not the burger or the bun it's the condiments that are adding on lots of calories. Most of us are good at counting calories from actual food but we rarely count the condiments and the little extras. Also I try to walk at least 20-30 minutes each day, any movement is better than none.
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My total goal was 250 I have 193 down with 57 remaining it is possible!!!!!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    same goal for me too.....feel free to add me as a friend, can always use support and new friends :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is not impossible, but that's over a year down the road. When you're that fat, it's impossible to settle on an exact end-goal weight. I'm at 181 (today, lol) and still can't. So pull one out of your hat (or the BMI chart) until you get a ballpark one from the doctor,

If you haven't seen your doctor yet, then call for your appointment. Rule out medical problems (even if you're sure you don't have any.). Get a goal weight, daily calorie number, what kind of foods you should and shouldn't be eating and exercise limitations (or get cleared to do it all!)

What's the next size down in the closet? What's the lowest size in the closet? Those are your goals. You kept them for a reason and that reason is you want to fit back into them! The stuff you want - those are your goals!

Need to change the 3 in 300 or the 2 in 200 to a 2 or 1? Goal!

Try all kinds of exercise. Try everything you see and hear. You never know what you'll like! It can be a surprise. (I tipped over doing yoga at 250 and am just getting ready to try it again!)

Reaching those goals is something to look forward to, but focusing on the daily drudgery of weighing, measuring, eating right and exercising is important the first week. Soon, the logging becomes easier - you learn the way that works for you and the exercise becomes addictive. You'll just want to do it!

Keep your eye on long-term, but keep your focus short-term because NOW is what matters. Focus on the:

Past, 10%, just to learn and compare - never for guilt, which is unproductive
    Future, 10%, reminds you where you want to be and why you're doing this
    NOW, 80%, because now is where you are. :)

Good luck!!

I needed to read that today... THANK YOU!!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    well said.........feel free to add me as a friend.........I can always use inspiration and motivation :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Missyblueeyez
    Options
    Thank you Twinkle! you as well! Yeah I usually go off the wagon about now too...I have tried this a few times now...this is the longest round so far. I am feeling a lot better this time since trying yoga as well. I noticed more mobility just doing it a couple times...and its helped me feel better in other work outs and even during the day. Anytime you need to talk or whatever I will try and be here! Peace.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that!! GREAT REMINDER! I have 100+ to lose as well. I'm down 19. I'm not setting any land speed records doing it, and i'm ok with that!(most of the time) I'm not starving myself. I'm eating a LOT healthier, a whole bunch less, but i'm still allowing for an indulgence here and there.. as long as it doesn't set off a trigger for me. That's been the key- finding out what foods, emotions, combo's of the two, stressors, etc that set of a binge. It's a lot of self-realization work that I wasn't prepared for at first! I'm getting there! I may be myrtle the turtle as for how slow i'm losing :) i'm ok though.

I found that syncing my new fitbit flex and MFP was IMMENSELY helpful and motivating! and MFP phone/ipad app is actually MUCH easier to use than the PC version. It's not a "chore" anymore to track.

I would also like any new friends/motivators/partners in losing! feel free to friend request!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is not impossible, but that's over a year down the road. When you're that fat, it's impossible to settle on an exact end-goal weight. ...

Keep your eye on long-term, but keep your focus short-term because NOW is what matters. Focus on the:

Past, 10%, just to learn and compare - never for guilt, which is unproductive
    Future, 10%, reminds you where you want to be and why you're doing this
    NOW, 80%, because now is where you are. :)

Good luck!!

I needed to read that today... THANK YOU!!

I agree 100 % small doable goals each day... with the big goal in your head.. but focusing on that one little goal of the day..