3 years of dedication and 315 pounds lost.

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    great job. and cute as hell in BOTH pictures
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I really needed some inspiration. You are amazing! Big hugs, Rebekah
  • pinksafyre
    pinksafyre Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know I don't know you from Adam, but: you are AMAZING! And SO true about have just a couple of those salty fries; have 3 Pringles, etc. Otherwise it's "Deprivation" at least mentally it is, and it will never work. Proud of you!!!!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Incredible! My mind is completely blown with huge losses like this. Can't imagine the amount of dedication and hard work you put in! You must one determined dude!
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this! Your daughter was right, you will inspire a lot of people. GREAT JOB!!!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE!!!!! Congrats, sir, on this awesome awesome accomplishment; 3 years of hard work, lots of sweat and will power, that is SO inspiring!!!
    "It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental." 100% true and I'm going to add this to my profile to remind myself and my friends of the mental game that's at play too. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Stogie, all I can say is "huge" congratulations. I'm just so pleased and impressed at what you have done! It inspires me to stay healthy.
    June.
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well done Stogie, you're an inspiration, keep up the good work!!!
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Your daughter was correct, you are an inspiration to everyone here! That is mind blowing, what you have been able to accomplish. Congratulations on all your hard work, will power, and determination.
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart! You have inspired me! Wow.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

b3dda71b-f9ae-4cc2-9466-3962f63218ba_zps04bee592.jpg

Todd you are my number 1 inspiration here and an amazing person and awesome friend! Your daughters and wife are lucky to have you and I'm so glad you decided to make the healthy change 3 years ago. Keep being awesome!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm in awe of your accomplishment. Wow, super inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation. Way to go!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, inspiring me to focus on clean eating :)
  • baltimorebroad
    baltimorebroad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Stogie 40::: You are Captain America ;) Thanks for sharing. Very happy for you and SO grateful to have found My Fitness Pal to help me along my much needed journey.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nice nice nice! Ended up 300lbs from my goal myself before I could finally get a handle on things and get headed back towards sanity. While I have no doubts about succeeding with time, it is so great to know for a fact that theory is reality! You are living proof that the path does indeed exist, just waiting to be trodden. Thanks for your strength. Had a good laugh about the vicious aversion to deprivation. LOL Glad I'm not alone! (Sigh of relief) Your remedy is what works for me too.

I'm really glad I saw your post today. Thanks and congrats again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!