What's your favorite healthy fast food or frozen meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Any grilled chicken sandwich, no cheese, no mayo. It almost always has the correct pro/carb/fat ratio, pus I like grilled chicken sandwiches :happy:

What's a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese? I'm confused, where I live they call that toast.

Hahah no, a grilled CHICKEN sandwich :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Any grilled chicken sandwich, no cheese, no mayo. It almost always has the correct pro/carb/fat ratio, pus I like grilled chicken sandwiches :happy:

What's a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese? I'm confused, where I live they call that toast.

Hahah no, a grilled CHICKEN sandwich :laugh:

Whoops, my mistake!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I really like SmartOnes; my favorites for the most part have been the pasta ones, the least favorite pot roast.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Any other frozen meals? It's nice to have a stash in the freezer for emergencies! I tried to Lean Cuisine foccacia chicken sandwich. It was pretty good.

Kashi makes some good frozen meals...their southwest chicken (or something like that) is really good and really filling!

My favorite on the go food though is the Wendy's taco salad...so yum...
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Any other frozen meals? It's nice to have a stash in the freezer for emergencies! I tried to Lean Cuisine foccacia chicken sandwich. It was pretty good.

Kashi makes some good frozen meals...their southwest chicken (or something like that) is really good and really filling!

My favorite on the go food though is the Wendy's taco salad...so yum...
    Agree on both counts:
    I find Kashi Lemon Chicken eadable too
    When on the road I'd rather go to Wendy's than McDs or BK...

I don't have a kitchen right now (renovation :mad: ) so I had to adapt to situation and was using GreenGiant SteamFresh frozen veggies.
    The moment I get my kitchen back I wil keep those strictly for emergencies, because I love fresh stuff, but for the time being it helps with adding bulk to my diet with minimal mess.
    I think it is a good transitional food for people with kids who are starting dieting or people who don't like eating veggies but trying.
    Just pop it into M/W for 5:30 and it is done!

Good subject, Bunny!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    My latest favorite are the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.....every one that I have tried has been wonderful!

There so good aren't they tongue0022.gif

when im out i also like to get that grilled chicken salad from Chickfila and get the honey mustard dressing....yummy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmm, let's see. I don't do fast food often..but when I do:

Wendys: Small chili and side salad with light dressing
    OR Grilled chicken sandwich w/o sauce and with a side salad with light dressing

McDonalds: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with the light balsamic dressing

Taco Bell: Fresco Menu Chicken Border Bowl

Subway: 6" Turkey w/o cheese and with lots of veggies and mustard

Frozen Food:

I usually have something in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner if I don't feel like preparing anything. I like the Lean Cuisine french bread pizzas, the paninis, etc. I also like the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers...the grilled whiskey steak is out of this world!! I also like the HC Smokehouse Chicken and Apple Panini. I like some Amy's frozen meals and I shop at Trader Joes and buy the grilled veggie enchiladas or the corn and black bean enchiladas. Yum!
  • Dynamite
    Options
    I love everything from the 'Quorn' or 'Cauldron' range, almost every meal is under 500 cals, but they always fill you up and are really tasty!

89095.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    We had to travel to the "big city" of Virginia Beach the other day and found a new fast food place called El Pollo Loco. It's a chain but I've never heard of it.

Anyway, I had the boneless skinless chicken breast meal that comes with steamed vegis and rice, and it was great! And low-cal, too!

They also have a Chicken soup I'd like to try next time I'm in the "big city."

Here's the info from their website--

El Pollo Loco’s Skinless Breast Meal features a skinless, flame-grilled chicken breast with fresh steamed vegetables, garden salad and freshly prepared salsa. The complete meal contains only 270 calories, 10 grams of fat and 12 grams of carbohydrates.

El Pollo Loco’s Chicken Tortilla Soup combines plenty of El Pollo Loco’s signature flame-grilled chicken in a delicious chicken broth with sliced carrots, celery and roasted corn. It is topped with fresh cilantro and Cotija cheese for a truly authentic experience. A 10 oz. serving has only 140 calories, 6 grams of fat and 8 grams of carbohydrates.
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will also say SmartOnes meals. Just about any are good depends on your particular taste.

The other thing I do is grill about a pound or so of boneless skinless chicken tenders at the begining of the week, and just throw them in to fridge to eat all week. Quick and easy also takes the excuse to cheat away. Easier to grab one of these than open the potato chips.

If ordering any salad at a fast food restaurant, I would look at the nutrition facts before diving in... Some are calorie bombs.

Just my $.02.
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a distributor with a company and specialize in health and nutrition. We have a whole weight management line and it is a great plan!! There are really great entrees that are microwaveable and really yummy. They are based on eating low glycemic index foods and really healthy. If you are interested send me a message (not sure how this forum works as far as network marketing!). I eould love to share the info with you!! Or give me your email and I can send you some info!
  • wendyk523
    Options
    Wendy's Mandarin Chichen Salad - no noodles or dressing -- 1/2 the almonds and a side of mandarin oranges (instead of dressing) -- I am addicted!!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like KASHI frozen entrees and progresso low sodium canned soups- soutwestern chicken and rice is my favorite. I eat the whole can- about 250 cals
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts veggie egg white flatbread!!!!

290 calories and 9 g of fat...

oh

and 1000000% DELICIOUS!
  • erussell
    erussell Posts: 48
    Options
    the spa cuisine line from Lean Cuisine has a great frozen meals. My favorite one is the Lemongrass Chicken with brown rice and some mixed veggies. Very yummy! I also love the WW Smart ones Lasagna Florentine-it is really filling and seems decadent and rich!! My friend said the new Smart Ones quesadillas are fabulous but I haven't tried them yet.
  • wantingwings
    Options
    I love Chipotle's vegetarian salad with black beans, peppers and onions, lettuce, corn salsa and extra tomato salsa. I have them add a small scoup of guacamole and I skip the dressing they normally give you which has over 100 calories. This salad is very filling and delicious. The tomato salsa acts as the dressing and adds tons of flavor.
    I believe the calorie total is around 450...but I am not positive. I would have to look it up again to be certain.