Women 5'2 to 5'4 Ages 40+: what's your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I am 44 (45 in December), 5'3 and my goal weight is 150. I am very curvy (tatas and hips) and at 135 I look sick. I have not seen that number in a very long time! Great thread! It's nice to see sucess stories in my age group :) I keep hearing that it's difficult to lose weight during the pre-menopausal stage of life. Thanks for the inspiration!!

I hit my forties at a healthy weight. I only gained weight because I was eating too much. I have always exercised so I knew that wasn't the issue. But, I focused at the task at hand and did what I needed to get back to where I needed and wanted to be. I still eat everything the same as before just less of it. I don't think it was all that difficult for me, but it does take discipline!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks SCV34! I am active as well and it doesn't budge the scale for me at all! Logging my food and staying within the recommended dietary goals have been what has helped jump start the weight loss.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, 5'1", last weighed in about 3 weeks ago at 139 lbs. My long term goal is to get to 120 lbs. (I know by body and know I can't go lower). My short term goal is to get to down to 130 lbs. by the end of the December. And if I get down to my long term goal, Paris with hubs is a gift to myself.

A bit about me: my shape is a slight pear so I carry my weight on my tummy and thighs. My face and boobs are the first to lose weight. I have no kids and have not hit menopause yet so I can't use those as a reason. I do feel that my metabolism has changed the past few years and it feels that much hard to lose. I'm as active as I can be but need to change up the eating habits especially as the cooler weather approaches.

Good luck to all.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hello i am 5ft 4 and 43 & I actually have no idea what my goal weight is :embarassed: :embarassed:
    I have only set my first goal to lose a stone ( 14lbs ) as I am afraid if I put in what i really needed to lose i would probably quit, but this way I see the shorter path.
    I am not sure what my body type is, medium maybe? I have big boobs, my cup size has never changed ( double H, which we all know stands for Holy Hell :grumble: had them weighed at reduction clinic and they are 7lbs each!!!! :sad: :sad: ) no matter if i was 7st 2lbs or 16 stone 13lbs ( i have been both weights as an adult ) cup size always the same, but my back got bigger obviously lol, so maybe i am thick set..... any guesses lol!
    Mad thing about my body is i am 15st 1 right now, but a size 14 in my next jeans, and they fit comfortably, i used to be really active, and dance for a living, so i assume i have muscle still hidden under a lovely layer of fat?!?
    I really have no idea what my goal is, I am going to try for 3 stone in total, and then see how i look myself, but 1 stone at a time lol! So that makes it 182lbs, but seeing all the tiny numbers on here i am thinking yipes.... maybe i should make it lower.
    Great thread.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Age 44, height 5'4", cw 163 , gw 130

best of lucl to us all!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2.5"
    SW: 201 (at least)
    CW/GW: 135

I've been able to maintain around 135 for almost a year. That is the high end of healthy BMI, but my body is pretty comfortable here. I am healthier than I have ever been. I ride my bicycle 3 or 4 times a week and run 2 or 3 times a week. My BP is normal. I lost a pants size after reaching goal weight without losing anymore weight. I am now wearing size 2 jeans (when I can find them) and small or medium shirts. When I started out, I was in tight size 16's and tight XL shirts.

ETA: Feel free to add me as a friend. My diary is open. I have logged in 820 days now. Warning: I pretty much eat (and drink) whatever I want, only in smaller portions. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week (so i can eat what I want!)
  • brewer417
    Options
    My goal is 170 and I have 36.5 pounds to go! ;)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Thanks SCV34! I am active as well and it doesn't budge the scale for me at all! Logging my food and staying within the recommended dietary goals have been what has helped jump start the weight loss.

You are most welcome and you've got this!
  • dlazyday
    dlazyday Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" almost 46 and currently at 138. I have a small frame. I would like to get to my pre-divorce, pre-quit smoking weight of 120. But currently looking to just get back to the high end of a healthy BMI weight which would be 134. One step at a time, I suppose. I am glad to see so many other posts for women in this age bracket as I have been beating myself up since this is the heaviest I have ever been even during both of my pregnancies. It has been difficult for me to accept that with age comes change. Thank you for sharing and posting, it is truly encouraging to see the reality.
  • fordman7
    Options
    OOPS....I am posting this from my site instead of my husbands!
  • Arazzia
    Options
    I'm 46, 5'2", current weight 137, goal weight 125. At 42, I weighed 113. If only I could go back in time!
  • bluemaine1212
    bluemaine1212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this month, and I am 5'2". My ultimate goal weight is 125, but I will be happy to just reach 150. I was down to 161 last fall, but I am back up to 192. My highest adult weight was 209 when I was going through a divorce and my lowest was 133 when I got pregnant with my son (20 years ago!)
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 44
    5'3"
    SW - 172lb
    LW - 118lb
    CW - 135lb
    GW - 120lb

I'm really annoyed that I've put on about 15+ pounds.....working to get back to 120lb
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and 42 years old. I was 155 at my heaviest. I lost 22lbs last year but have gained back 11lbs. :grumble: So my goal is to get back down to where I was a year ago, ultimately in the 130-135lbs range. When I get there, I will stay there this time!!!
  • loram11
    loram11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", sorry for posting in the 5'2" to 5'4" but I can relate. In my 20's at my healthiest weight and BMI, I weighed 150 lbs. I am built like a NFL fullback....anyways, I am 49 now and weigh 184, but wear a size 12, so I am shooting for 160 and see how I feel and how my health looks....Good luck all!!!
  • juleeque
    juleeque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so overwhelmed and impressed at the tiny numbers on this thread, I know that's not for me. Blooming well done! :happy: :happy:

I'm more impressed with the fact you''ve dropped from 228 lbs to 162! Now that's impressive. :smile:
    Funnily enough, to get the ideal physique i'm after i'd actually have to put weight on! (in Muscle)
    Check the photo's below. I personally think the lady looks a lot better when she's at the heavier weights. (Which she achieved through weight training).
    fatvsmuscle.jpg?w=300&h=300
    I really love the photos you posted. What a great illustration of why skinnier isn't always better! I'm 55 years old - 5'4" and 146 lbs, (down from 153). I'm small framed and my ultimate goal, (before seeing your photos), was 125. Now, I believe I'm going to be a little more realistic and shoot for 135 with a good muscle mass. Thanks for the very intelligent reminder!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, weight is 165 and turning 50. My goals are:
    159 As soon as possible
    150 - I'd be happy to reach it
    140 - ultimate goal

I'm 5'3 and in the mid 40's.
    CW 168-ish (weighing only every 2 weeks)
    GW 140 - would be happy to reach it
    UGW 130 - would be ecstatic, that is my lightest adult weight ever
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 46 years old and my goal weight is 144. I think!!! Right now I am a size 4 can do 2 in some styles and I feel as though I look a little like a boy, so even though I am not at my goal I believe I need to rethink it!
  • bkwolfey
    bkwolfey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Who is that? What is she doing (girl with weight gain but to an awesome body)? I want to know her workout routine...
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Height: 5ft 2
    SW: 191
    CW: 146.2
    GW: 136.7 (to be in the healthy range)
    UGW: 130