Egg muffins destroying all my pans

Options
2»

Replies

• JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    maybe you could try silicone liners instead of paper ones?

^This.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but you could try using aluminum (just not the paper ones) cupcake liners .... since egg doesn't rise like cake it should work and not over flow onto the pan
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Another vote for silicone. I went through the same process of them sticking to tins and then to muffin cases.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have two suggestions for you. If you can't buy new pans at this time, try soaking the pans with a dryer sheet in them before you wash them. Works wonders.

Second suggestion is, if you can buy new pans get the ones that are nonstick CERAMIC coated. I bought a couple of those a few years ago and they are the best nonstick pans I have ever used. You do still have to use some oil/grease but not nearly as much and clean up is a breeze. Occasionally PAM cooking spray can cook on if the heat is too high but a Mr. Clean magic eraser takes care of that in a jiffy.

Small ramekins would work too....

The ramekins are a great idea. It sounds like the muffin tins might be past their prime at this point. From experience, I have some OLD muffin tins (aka, my parents had them when they first got married) and they still work well. The ones I bought a few (about 10 ) years ago had to be replaced. Seems like most cookware made in the past 10 years or so, unless it is a quality piece, needs replaced more frequently.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    SOS steel wool soap pads may rescue your messy egg pans.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins in silicone molds all the time and I don't even have to use oil or cooking spray. You can find them for a few bucks!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    maybe you could try silicone liners instead of paper ones?

Aren't there muffin pans made from silicone (or something similar)?
  • WonkaCat
    Options
    Ramekins, custard cups and parchment cupcake liners. Clean up is easy as can be.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    +1 for silicone, they pop out no problems. I don't need to greese them at all. Perfect. Use them all the time - for egg/frittatas, rarely for baking :D
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Silicone for sure. We use them every week to make egg muffins, no need to spray.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Spray the pan really well, then add some seasoned cornmeal (fine ground) and shake it around before putting e eggs in. Make sure you cook them a little past jiggly(I let mine pull away from the pan on their own before taking them out.)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Silicone pans are the way to go. They are a bit floppy so I set them on a cookie sheet before popping them in the oven but nothing sticks to them and you don't need to grease them.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have two suggestions for you. If you can't buy new pans at this time, try soaking the pans with a dryer sheet in them before you wash them. Works wonders.

Second suggestion is, if you can buy new pans get the ones that are nonstick CERAMIC coated. I bought a couple of those a few years ago and they are the best nonstick pans I have ever used. You do still have to use some oil/grease but not nearly as much and clean up is a breeze. Occasionally PAM cooking spray can cook on if the heat is too high but a Mr. Clean magic eraser takes care of that in a jiffy.

LOVE BOTH THE TIPS...I HOPE THEY WORK!!!! I searched Pinterest all day yesterday trying to find something to clean my pans to get the sticky off them! THANKS A BUNCH!!