"Healthy" Foods You Wished You Liked But Don't

Options

Replies

• diana_mt
    Options
    Kale. It's so awful.
    I'll try at some point to give it another go though, you never know!
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Tofu...I cant, I just cant. I hate it so much.

Learned to like kale after learning of the lemon kale salad with parm cheese. Soaking kale with citrus is the only way I enjoy it otherwise I agree with everyone else. Yick.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Firm Tofu (Taste, texture, etc. yuck. Also, I stay away from soy because it exacerbates Endometriosis symptoms) :ohwell:

Okra (Disgusting. Slimy. Frying does NOT improve this "food") :grumble:

Iceberg Lettuce/Celery/Cilantro (These are 100% not needed to live a long healthy life) :laugh:
  • scorpiolady11
    scorpiolady11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster, beets taste like dirt! They are euphemistically called "earthy", but we know that means dirt.
  • ArdieAgain
    ArdieAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts and beets - just can't do it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian who has enough trouble getting protein, I REALLY wish I liked eggs, but I can't stand them in any form. Adding eggs to just about anything is such an easy way to get extra protein without a lot of extra calories, but I can't stomach the taste, smell, or the fact that it is an egg. Yuck!

I'm a vegan. DO NOT STRESS ABOUT "PROTEIN"!!!! There is protein in everything and you only way you will become protein deficient is if you do not eat ANYTHING! lol, even white rice has a lot of protein and too much protein in the body can be very acidic. A healthy amount of protein in the body is to achieve 5% of your daily calories from it.

Best of luck and stop with the chicken periods ;)
    ~Becky

Yeah.. no. This is completely wrong.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit.

I know it's *supposed* to be a super fat blaster and all, but I just cannot stomach it.

Nice pun there... :happy:
    Yeah it screws with birth control pills too so I was happy about that 'cause I hate it. Now I have an excuse not to eat it lol
  • JustTheBeebs
    JustTheBeebs Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms!! I hate the texture and how they feel in my mouth
  • twinkletwinklemeganstar
    Options
    I HATE EGGS! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • MLowe13
    MLowe13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    plain avacado...but I am inlove with guacamole.
    baked chips...I know they aren't truly "Healthy" but they are supposed to be better than fried chips but they taste terrible
    Tofu...it just grosses me out. Texture, taste everything.

Also I cannot handle Milk unless I am eating something extremely rich and sweet. And then I will only drink a swallow or two and it has to be ice cold. It feels slimy and like it leaves a film in my mouth.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Salmon. I want to love it.....but, yuck. Maybe I just have not found the right recipe yet. :flowerforyou:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1. Cottage Cheese
    2. Hummus
    3. Avocado
    4. Fish
    5. Yogurt
    6. Cilantro (ruins any meal it touches... waited a lot of money on food because of it... who uses this as a garnish?!)
    6. Tofu... 'cept I don't know that I want to like it....
    7. Oatmeal

.... I think the list of foods I do like that are healthy might be shorter....
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am 42 years old and STILL to this day remember the worst meal ever when I was about 8 - liver, brussel sprouts and rutabagas. I have even had dreams about it off and on since then. My dad tried to pass of the fried liver and chicken fried steak. Umm, no ... it smells bad! I knew the difference. I took a whooping instead of eating that night. After that though, I was never forced to eat those things again.

Today, I still will not eat them. I also will not eat broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, raw, slimy tomatoes, mustard and turnip greens ... I could go on and on. I did get over my aversion and fear of kale. Found a great recipe that calls for massaging it which breaks down the cell walls, releasing the bitterness. That is the only way I will eat kale now.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Most fat free dairy, I only like; plain skim milk, skim milk yogurt, and skim milk american cheese. The rest is a no go.

Quinoa. Just awful.

Brown rice.

Bread with seeds/nuts/tree bark.

Natural peanut butter

almost all Greek yogurt.

Eggplant

Okra

I'm not a picky eater by any stretch, but there are things I dislike, for sure.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Seafood. All of it. And yes i have had it cooked "right" and fresh from the water. I have to hold my breath when walking through the seafood department of the grocery store, and whenever anyone rehearsal seafood for lunch at work it makes me want to vomit.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    green beans, avocado, raw tomatoes
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts. Asparagus. Corn (I know the health of corn is debatable to some and while it's healthy in my mind… I still hate it. So, I love being able to use the excuse that it's really not that good for you!)

Fish.

Watermelon and cantaloupe.

+1 for asparagus
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I love most vegetables, and can tolerate or even enjoy most if they're cooked well. The only one I hate no matter how it's cooked: okra.

There's tons I can't be bothered preparing, though, like beets and lentils. They're fine if you want to cook them for me!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    -liver (or kidney) although I don't mind tongue (serious here, not making an off colour comment)
    I- always take out the seeds and 'tomato jello' as I call it out of raw tomatoes - just texture YUK.