Any one else doing 1000-1200 kcal/day?

Options

Replies

• ElianeSweety
    Options
    Nah, sorry, I don't starve myself.

Everybody is different, isn't it?
    Before I start to diet I was 10kg fatter then before to have a baby. My food intake was between 1.400-1.500 kcal/day. And, as you can see in my diary, I eat VERY healthy and it was always like that. I just control quantities and I didn't change anything else. Still I didn't lose weight!!
    If I want to lose weight I HAVE TO be between 1000-1200kcal/day or nothing will happen. And I am f***up of my size!! :-( :-( :-(
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I need the support. I am on the 1200 a day but I try to burn at least 300 a day on the treadmill and eat back 150.

It can frustrating because. I am eating as healthy as possible but even eating healthy will take you over your limit if you dont' watch. (OMG, why if fruit so high in calories, and avocado's <-- that's a meal in itself).

Look forward to friend you and handling this challenge together.
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    Be careful with 1200 cals if you exercise alot!! It caused me to stall...

I hate exercise!!!
    I do it just because I have to.
    Ohh gosh!!...
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 a day before exercise. I have days where I eat more, but seldom eat less. I do eat my exercise calories for now since the website encourages it, but I normally drink them in a protein shake rather than eat them. I'm always looking for friends and definitely food ideas, so feel free to friend me and we can work on this together!:drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing lots of different things about the calorie intakes, I was told that if you do any exercise that you then need to eat those calories so your body doesnt go into "starvation" mode. I have my cal intake set for 1490 (this was set for my weight) I get daily exercise as I work at the N.H and walk and push residents in wheelchairs. But I am under my calorie intake everyday after the exercise. Which I would think was a good thing, but I'm super confused, and really I am with you all on just trying the loose weight in a healthy way.

If that's what you do for work, then that's not exercise. You should have your activity level set appropriately, and anything aside from work is exercise. For instance, I am a waitress and walk for hours and hours a night...that isn't considered exercise. I won't lose weight from counting that as exercise, since I gained weight in the past despite walking for hours a day. Make sense? :flowerforyou:
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm at 1240 cals a day... it's challenging, for sure!

When I logged my glass of blueberry-pomegranate juice this morning, and realized it was like 1/10th of my calories for the day, it was rather sobering. :)
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am on the 1200 a day as well as so far, it hasn't been terrible. I seem to always be under and I know I need to not be so under as well. I just find myself too scared to eat something incase I go over or am eating the wrong thing. Im told it gets easier and since this is only week two, not im worried so much.

Good luck on your journey and friend me if you all want!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    i'm on 1200 a day, before exercise
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Yes Sweetie am on a 1200 cals a day, I be more than happy to share my log with you, :smile:
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I need the support. I am on the 1200 a day but I try to burn at least 300 a day on the treadmill and eat back 150.

It can frustrating because. I am eating as healthy as possible but even eating healthy will take you over your limit if you dont' watch. (OMG, why if fruit so high in calories, and avocado's <-- that's a meal in itself).

Look forward to friend you and handling this challenge together.

I fully understand and absolutely agree with you.
  • kopradya
    kopradya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi , i'm also on the 1200 goal/day,
    I tried to do a strict 1200/day and exercise..stil not loosing weight..then i've heard about the 'calorie starvation mode'
    so i add more calories when i exercise...
    sometimes it's really frustrating when i weigh myself and still don't see any changes...
    well i think i have to be patient ..

friend me ;)
    good luck everybody !
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I usually try to stay between 1100 and 1200, but on days that I exercise a lot, I'll allow myself to go over 1200, but not too much. So far that has been working for me.

I don't usually make myself eat my exercise calories, but it gives me a little leeway when I do burn 300 or more extra calories.

I figure it's good practice because when I get in maintenance mode, I will need to be controlling my calories. Generally speaking, my calorie breakdown is:

Breakfast: ~ 200-250 cals
    Lunch ~ 250-400 cals
    Dinner & Snacks - 700 cals or the balance from 1200 after subtracting breakfast and lunch.
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    I usually try to stay between 1100 and 1200, but on days that I exercise a lot, I'll allow myself to go over 1200, but not too much. So far that has been working for me.

I don't usually make myself eat my exercise calories, but it gives me a little leeway when I do burn 300 or more extra calories.

I figure it's good practice because when I get in maintenance mode, I will need to be controlling my calories. Generally speaking, my calorie breakdown is:

Breakfast: ~ 200-250 cals
    Lunch ~ 250-400 cals
    Dinner & Snacks - 700 cals or the balance from 1200 after subtracting breakfast and lunch.

I like the way you organise your diet!
    We all need to find what works for each of us.
    I hate to have breakfast!! I tryed a lot of times and always feel sick. So now I gave up.
    And before to have baby I never had breakfast. Only in my childhood. :-)
  • nathanscici
    Options
    I am on the 1200 calorie diet. I am finding it easier than I thought. I am paying close attention to foods that are filling but light in calories - like oatmeal for breakfast, slice of turkey on a tortilla (with lowfat yogurt mixed with spices as a spread) for lunch and a dinner containing mostly veggies and a small portion of meat. I cook a lot so it is probably easier for me than some, to incorporate vegetables in place of starches. I do miss the snacking, though! I exercise on a treadmill which according to the machine does not burn much in the way of calories. After a week I have lost 3 pounds, so I'm happy about that!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Elaine: How do you hate exercise??????????
    You must be doin something wrong. Yea, it can become boring when you do the same thing all of the time but I was always taught to make it fun. I've always looked foward to my workout. You need to find a fun workout to do. Exercise excites me, makes me very happy and I even become anixous if invited to run or even walk with someone.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm on 1250 a day and my diary is open. I actually find it hard to hit 1200 a day without feeling too full. :blushing:

I don't think 1200 is too low for me but I'm fairly short and don't have much left to loose. :flowerforyou:
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm doing around 1200 calories a day and would love to compare diaries and strategies.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im at 1200 also.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im at 1200 also.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've set my goal for 1200 calories/day, but end up around the 1000 mark usually, sometimes lower. What works best for me is intermittent fasting: I eat between 4PM and 8PM and eat all of my food then. That means I usually have something to break the fast at 4 PM and then dinner after at around 6PM. Additionally I eat fairly low-carb

I've found that fasting belies the many theories about "starvation mode".

And before anyone asks: there is quite convincing statistical data to suggest that brain tumors respond well to calorie restriction of the low carb kind: tumors use glucose to grow, depriving them of that affects their growth. This is the reason I use MFP to track food. I don't find fasting difficult: no hunger during the day, as then my blood sugar and insulin are stable, and easy on the carbohydrates during the eating phase, finishing off with a good deal of protein.

I do walk everywhere (I don't own a car, but I live in a very walkable European city), but no exercise except from the pranayama I do before meditation :)