What is your non-weight goal(s) ? aka. NSV

Options
We all seem to have weight goals, whether it be losing or gaining, or maintaining.

But what about the non-weight goals?
The things that your current body size is not letting you do, or not letting you be satisfied with ?

I have three:

1. Be able to ride roller coasters at Wonderland (my province's theme park) .. about 2 years ago, I had the horrifying experience of not fitting in a ride, as the lap bar wouldn't snap shut. It was embarrassing and humiliating.. I have not been back since. I am a ride junkie and would love to be able to ride all rides again and visit the park, and others!

2. Bathing Suits. - not necessarily a tiny bikini, but just a two piece, and feel ok. I do switch between 1 and 2 pieces still, but Im never comfortable in them.. I want to wear a bathing suit and feel okay in it.

3. Most importantly - WALKING - I want to be able to walk up a hill, or the 1.4KM to work, or around a mall for a day without my legs aching, my calves having shooting pain, my back hurting ... I want to be able to walk and feel fine doing so, and not have it feel like a chore.

those are my 3 non weight goals. I have some others such as clothes sizes, stores to shop at, styles to wear.. but my top three would be those.

What about you ?

Not all victories are on the scale!

Replies

• happyvalentinesday
    happyvalentinesday Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Having a butt I lust after >'-'<
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a few...but here are a couple that I thought of tonight:

1) Run a 5k in under 30 minutes and a 10K in less than an hour. (I can now do this, but want to do so officially in a race.)
    2) Do a handstand. (I have just been able to hold the Crow pose in yoga for about 10 seconds... something I could not do previously. I am likely a long ways off, but still.)
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Too many to list all, but:

Sit in a booth again
    Walk without pain
    Ride a bicycle again
    Wear lace shoes and not slip-ons
    Wear shorts
  • 1992mittens13
    1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the butt comment!

And I agree, I'd love to add running goals.. but mine are walking for right now!
    I also would love to be doing back archs and handstands again! Bring out the kid in me!

BOOTHS! That would be lovely.. very few places can I sit in those. but MOST of the time, it's not from my tummy.. but my chest. I tend to have them pressed on the table and feel like Im eating off of them! LOL.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a lot! Here are the ones that come to mind right now:
    Fit back into all of my old clothes
    Run for 30 minutes straight
    Cross my legs comfortably under tables

I'm going to be working on getting to the second one soon :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    -I'll second the wear my old clothes one.
    -I would like to participate in 5Ks and run the whole way
    -Would love to not panic when I have to fly about being uncomfortable in seats or being alone and having to shrivel up to not bother others next to me. =P
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I've tried making fitness my priority and weightloss as a secondary goal this time around. So, I have a few non-scale related goals in mind so far with many more to come in the future. A few of them include:

Run a 5k (in particular the color run)
    Kayak
    Run half marathon.
    Take a fighting class. (hand to hand combat = writing research)
    Jump high enough to block in volleyball.

The last one is something I never could do when I actually played volleyball. I stopped growing height wise in my freshman year of high school and never could get my hands above the net. It's a bit odd but would be nice to achieve something I couldn't do even when I was quite active.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I want to run a marathon before I'm 25,
    And an ultra before I'm 30.

Also to do a chin up.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to run a 5K. Like actually run the whole way.

There is a cool@ss jungle gym type thing (that's the best way I know how to describe it!) in a park in a community about an hour away or so. Back in May, I watched my 75 year old uncle climb up that thing like it was no harder than going up stairs. Then I watched my older sister climb up it. My sister is overweight as well (though not as much as me) and it was a little bit harder for her. But she did it too. That was about a month into my weight loss efforts and I decided that day that one day I would be able to climb that thing. I set that goal with my sister (once she got down!) and made her promise to bring me back to that park in about another 100 pounds.

And I want to be able to buy clothes at most stores!
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do a full length of monkey bars - so far i can do three complete exchanges but that beats the just dangle and swing i was doing a month ago. Also chin ups.....just because.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Being able not just to fit in the plane seat but to be able to curl up in it - legs on the seat, next to my bum :). I've seen skinny people do it. Flight to Europe from Australia is 22 - 24 hrs so I would love to be comfortable finally !
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    -Run for 2 hours straight (currently 1hr 15, so mini-goal for 1hr 30 I guess)
    -Not get 'chub rub' CONSTANTLY in summer
    -Be able to cosplay Mileena (Mortal Kombat) and not look like a trainwreck
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Run my 5K in less than 30 minutes
    Run a 10K race
    Do a Tough Mudder, or something similar...
    Have arms/abs of steel to match my BunsOfSteel :bigsmile:
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    -To shock every person in school who ever called me fat(if i meet them somewhere again). :D
    -To feel confident in a dress
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    -Not get 'chub rub' CONSTANTLY in summer

I second that! I love to wear dresses in summer but tend to wear bike shorts under them otherwise my thighs chaff really badly.... would love to be able to leave the shorts at home :)
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This whole time it's never been about the scale for me. It's all about the clothes! I couldn't care two figs what I weigh. I just want to wear all my beautiful clothes! :heart::heart:
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be able to jump high enough to get on my horse bareback from the ground - I see others doing it and looks so awesome! She isn't all that tall but as i'm only 5 foot I need to have good spring!
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This dress I'm wearing today that's a regular large. No more "X's" before the "L" :wink:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    To finally be rid of the fat around my mid section and back

To be comfortable in my jeans again, the waist is always too small.....
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've always got a few goals on the go but the big one I'm totally focussed on at the moment is a 113 mile charity bicycle ride for the British Heart Foundation which is happening this Sunday. Doing it in memory of my Mum but also as a personal challenge.

Never trained so hard as I have this last month but delighted with the way training is going, I took 51 minutes off my previous time for 100 miles on my last training ride.

This will be a personal best distance in a day which makes me feel good at the age of 54! :smile: