"Healthy" Foods You Wished You Liked But Don't

Options

Replies

• Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Re: tofu, I found out that soya beans (what tofu is made from) are more protein-dense! So I don't bother with tofu any more. :)
  • Mazan93
    Mazan93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Salad, fish, eggs, veg and most fruits!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Tuna - I've been feeling guilty about this.
    Olives - I don't know if these are healthy or not, but the idea is disgusting. ;-)
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Adding cold milk to a perfectly delicious bowl of porridge. Once when I was a kid I ventured to have it without the milk, with brown sugar melted on top, and my dad was like "you forgot the milk" and I hated the thin, vomitty mixture so much I poured it down the sink.
  • nikir37
    nikir37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eggs and fish :(

If anyone can suggest meals with them included as a starter to try that would be great! My friend has suggested haddock to start with fish as not fishy?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds
    Okra
    Lima beans
    ham (I don't know why, I can do ham and eggs or whatnot, but not ham by itself)
    watermelon

CANNED PEAS ARE THE WORST
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked....

1# wheat pasta
    2# spaghetti squash
    3# Zucchini
    4# Garbanzo beans
    5# cooked spinach ( only like it baked with cheese or raw in a salad )
    6# greek yogurt ( I am really not a fan of yogurt or cottage cheese but try to eat it )
    7# brussel sprouts
    8# tofu
    9# Artichokes
    10# Kale/chard
    11# heated beets/vinegar soaked ones ( love them raw or straight out of the can)

Still haven't tried ground turkey.
    Miss broccoli but it doesn't love me back.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Kale
    Tofu
    Coconut water
  • sr2107
    sr2107 Posts: 23
    Options
    Just a few....

avocado
    vegetables
    cottage cheese
    salad
    coconut water
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can finally stomach Brussel sprouts after years of disliking them immensely. They have to be cut up small, and hopefully buried in a tasty casserole or slow-cooked meal.

But my biggest healthy food failing is a huge horror of bananas. Blech, blech, retch. I can't stand banana-flavoured foods either.

Love all the other healthy stuff low on others' lists: kale, quinoa, Greek yoghurt, fish, tofu, cilantro, etc.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like/love almost any veggies/fruits... but I hate Kale/Chard. I wish I liked raw tomatoes. I don't know how people eat them uncooked or just bite into them like an apple... ugh. I've tried to like Sushi and just can't do it... I love fish but only when cooked.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love my nutra bullet...75% greens I would never ever eat! 25% fruite that cuts the taste.(A little pineapple will go a long way!) Just drink that green sludge.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit.

I know it's *supposed* to be a super fat blaster and all, but I just cannot stomach it.

OMG!!! Same here. I want to love this fruit , but I just can't :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • beckieobeckie
    Options
    I hate eggplant. People who like it, love it, but I can't appreciate it.
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    As a vegetarian who has enough trouble getting protein, I REALLY wish I liked eggs, but I can't stand them in any form. Adding eggs to just about anything is such an easy way to get extra protein without a lot of extra calories, but I can't stomach the taste, smell, or the fact that it is an egg. Yuck!

I'm a vegan. DO NOT STRESS ABOUT "PROTEIN"!!!! There is protein in everything and you only way you will become protein deficient is if you do not eat ANYTHING! lol, even white rice has a lot of protein and too much protein in the body can be very acidic. A healthy amount of protein in the body is to achieve 5% of your daily calories from it.

Best of luck and stop with the chicken periods ;)
    ~Becky

You give us vegans a bad name.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Fish, I want to die if I even smell it.
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Every single vegetable except for corn and potatoes. If you count those, lol.
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna. Tried it in various ways. Just...can't.

I get sick of eggs very quickly.

Plain, low-fat Greek yogurt is disgusting and I can only eat it if it's sweetened with sugary canned fruit.

Most red meats I do not enjoy cooking or eating
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Red wine
    Really dark chocolate

They sound good but I have such a sweet tooth
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna here too. I have too many small tins sitting in my pantry, because they were on sale and I thought they would be a great convenient lunch.. and they are going to keep sitting there...