Potassium - How to get 4g a day without a supplement?

Options
124»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    For years I had a potassium deficiency, my levels were so low that I had even been hospitalized for it.
    Bananas, coconut water, assloads of potatoes, spinach and leafy greens and beans didn't seem to be bringing my levels back up to "normal" so I ended up doing some research on NATURAL meal "enhancers" and stumbled upon the Vega line.

I began drinking Vega One religiously with my breakfasts every day,and within only THREE days, by blood test results proved that it was certainly helping! My doctor was shocked that not only had this simple change in my diet lead to normal potassium levels, but also I was no longer vitamin B12 deficient or anemic either!!!

Trust me, after suffering for nearly 10 years with fatigue, body shakes, blacking out, dizziness, ridiculous irritability, bad skin, thinning/brittle hair, brittle nails, INSANE digestive issues (gallbladder polyps, food intolerances, stomach pain 24/7, etc.), monthly trips to the doctor, constant needle pricks and 5 trips to the hospital, I can't recommend this product enough.

I know this totally sounds like some sort of sales pitch, but I can assure you I'm not affiliated with the company, I'm just one incredibly satisfied customer that wants to help others out there that have struggled like me :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    crude rice bran is a good source of potassium but you should always speak to a doctor before making big changes. someone very close to me had a massive heart attack and the cause was too much potassium. (He was on heart meds that blocked his bodies ability to get rid of potassium.)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    For years I had a potassium deficiency, my levels were so low that I had even been hospitalized for it.
    Bananas, coconut water, assloads of potatoes, spinach and leafy greens and beans didn't seem to be bringing my levels back up to "normal" so I ended up doing some research on NATURAL meal "enhancers" and stumbled upon the Vega line.

I began drinking Vega One religiously with my breakfasts every day,and within only THREE days, by blood test results proved that it was certainly helping! My doctor was shocked that not only had this simple change in my diet lead to normal potassium levels, but also I was no longer vitamin B12 deficient or anemic either!!!

Trust me, after suffering for nearly 10 years with fatigue, body shakes, blacking out, dizziness, ridiculous irritability, bad skin, thinning/brittle hair, brittle nails, INSANE digestive issues (gallbladder polyps, food intolerances, stomach pain 24/7, etc.), monthly trips to the doctor, constant needle pricks and 5 trips to the hospital, I can't recommend this product enough.

I know this totally sounds like some sort of sales pitch, but I can assure you I'm not affiliated with the company, I'm just one incredibly satisfied customer that wants to help others out there that have struggled like me :)

The only problem I have with it is that it is sweetened with stevia and I am allergic to stevia. Does it come in a non-sweetened version, do you know?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement. You can find a basic one at Walmart for 1.98 for a 60 day supply. The one I take is a natural water pill. No caffeine etc and helps with water retention, which is a problem for me.

What are you taking?

You really shouldn't supplement potassium unless you have an actual deficiency (get blood work done) and are supervised by a doctor. You can do some real damage with unnecessary supplementation.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Bananas