Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• SaraAustin123
    SaraAustin123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi everyone

i just started BB and I'm lovin it.. I'm not really into cardio so this is great for me.. as for cardio i do rope jumping everyday after my workout.. really fun to do!!

can't wait to see results ;)
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies!!!! Woo hoo! I love to see more strong women doing this program!

Today is Beast Cardio followed by PiYo Buns for me! I absolutely LOVE this combo!

I have been adding in extra cardio only because I know I need it, but also eating enough too so not to deplete my muscle.

How is everyone doing today?
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I just started Body Beast this morning and I loved it....Sagi is a little corny with his shirt getting tighter comments, but I loved the workout! I read through the thread and saw someone mention a facebook group. I went looking and can't find one that I think fits the description of you ladies.

I'm excited to see what I can do with this program, I have about 20lbs to lose and I just finished Piyo. I see lots of you are adding Piyo in with this...
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies! Some of you have wondered about the Facebook group too; here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535897616423248/

It's a great group of supportive ladies!

How is everyone doing? I feel like it's dwindelling a little in here!
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    I did the Beast legs today! Wow! That is a great leg workout! My arms are sore from yesterday and my *kitten* is sore today! Might be fun going to the bathroom...lol!

I started laughing so hard when he tells that poor guy "the beast is talking"....seriously cracked me up! Love it!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I plan to start this workout soon .....does anyone NOT have a bench ..what do you use instead? Thks
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    I don't have a bench and have no intention of getting one! I use a stability ball or a chair instead! I have a step that I used for the lunges today and it was great!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bench and have no intention of getting one! I use a stability ball or a chair instead! I have a step that I used for the lunges today and it was great!

Thank you!!!
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    Hello ladies! Some of you have wondered about the Facebook group too; here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535897616423248/

I have tried that link several times and it won't load for me...says content not found, is it a closed group?
  • ddavies919
    Options

I have tried that link several times and it won't load for me...says content not found, is it a closed group?

It is a closed group but you should be able to still request to join, right?

Let's do this, here's my personal fb page: https://www.facebook.com/debra.davies.39

Send me a friend request and maybe I can try to add you to the group since I'm already in it.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Annette, 46, and currently not working full time for the first time in my adult life. I have done P90X, Chalene Xtreme, P90X3 (although did not finish the whole thing due to injuries and life getting in the way) and various kettlebell workouts...

I am peri menopausal and due to work and other stressfull issues (and my own lazy self ;-) gained 10lbs on top of the 15 I already had in surplus.... Decided on Body Beast cause I love lifting and am so happy to see so many other women doing it....

Hope you won't mind a million questions when I start next week.....
  • amosblech
    amosblech Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ordered body beast today. I'm very excited to get started but i was just wondering what size weights do you recommend to begin with? also instead of a pull up bar i've heard that you can use bands how exactly are they used?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I just ordered body beast today. I'm very excited to get started but i was just wondering what size weights do you recommend to begin with? also instead of a pull up bar i've heard that you can use bands how exactly are they used?

Welcome! The weights kind of depend on where you are currently with what you're lifting. In the beginning, I used anywhere between 5-15lbs and increased from there. You'll find that you'll definately get stronger, quick! What size weights do you have now?

And yes, you can use bands for pull ups; that's what I did with P90X. You can also use free weights. With the bands, you can get a door hook or if you have somewhere that's stable and secure to wrap the band around, that would work too, just be safe!

Glad to have you new girls join the group! Keep beasting up!
  • KeepCalmAndWODOn
    KeepCalmAndWODOn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm a large 186 pounds of flab!! Lol
    And I was thinking of ordering bodybeast. I have no muscles and all fat. Do you think this program would help burn this flab off? I don't want to drink the Shakeolgy, tried it and can't drink my food. I take supplements mostly and greens. I've looked online and such and all I see is already thin ladies with no muscle tone doing this program. I will also be doing cardio 3 times a week also. Let me know your feedback:)
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am going to finish out 2014 with my second round of Body Beast. Today I did Build Shoulders.
    I am surrender for you Beast! :laugh:
  • Oliver1967
    Oliver1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello from S.C. I am 47 years old and I am 50 lbs. over weight. Today was my first day of doing Body Beast. Love reading the post. Very informative. I was wondering what time of day do most workout. I did early this
    Morning on empty stomach and was nausea after words. Thinking need to get up a little earlier to eat something. And do any of y'all take BB to gym or do at home only. Was thinking would be cheaper as not to have to purchase weights when time to increase. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I cant do it on an empty stomach, so I usually eat a small banana or 100g greek yogurt 30 minutes or so before I start.... As for where, I do it at home, but it will depend on the cost of your gym... Good luck!
  • Oliver1967
    Oliver1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks????
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm a large 186 pounds of flab!! Lol
    And I was thinking of ordering bodybeast. I have no muscles and all fat. Do you think this program would help burn this flab off? I don't want to drink the Shakeolgy, tried it and can't drink my food. I take supplements mostly and greens. I've looked online and such and all I see is already thin ladies with no muscle tone doing this program. I will also be doing cardio 3 times a week also. Let me know your feedback:)

Well, I'm not sure where you are looking but there is a lot more than already thin ladies doing this program. I am in a challenge group doing it with everyone from 250lb-110lbs. Muscle burns more fat than cardio, so I would say try this program and forget about the extra cardio, there is cardio included in the schedule. I am about 170lbs and having no troubles with it. A few sore muscles, but I love it!
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I did Build Chest and Tris. I'm okay now but I bet I will be sore tomorrow!