The FAT on the inner, upper Leg.....??

Options
Now this FAT is driving me crazy!!! Does the Elliptical actually work this part of the leg???? What can i do to concentrate mainly on that problem area?????

And actually I would like to know exercises that will work the upper leg too.....?? Thanks alot!!

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG i want to know this too... if i could fix only one spot that would be it
  • turboandrea
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, but cardio will help to burn it off!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce. your weight will come off in the way you're genetically predisposed to.

i'm bottom heavy and my thighs and butt are the last place i lose weight.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    You cannot target fat loss, do more cardio and stick with it. The body will lose fat that way altho you notice it slowly
  • xxxbeckibooxxx
    Options
    same!! my main problem is my upper legs i get chapped legs all the time and its so annoying. thats my problem area and i cant find any exercises that help to reduce the fat there.
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know to tone that area you can lay on your side propping your head in your hand or laying flat on your side.. lay bottom leg flat on the floor & the upper leg cross over bottom leg almost like a triangle over the other leg.. then lift the lower leg toward the ceiling.
    Not sure if this makes sense but the cardio should help get rid of the fat too
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear & have had success with leg lifts (lying on side), running, knee lifts, & believe it or not skipping (focus on trying to jump high while skipping).
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG i want to know this too... if i could fix only one spot that would be it

I don't want to "spot reduce" as much as find a movement to help tone this area....
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I have the same problem too but just hoping if I keep up with the cardio it will hopefully sort it out... although progress is slow I have noticed a small difference in this area so fingers crossed the exercise keeps working it off. I often do steps with a 3" step whilst I've got the telly on, my thighs ache a lil the next day but every little helps so try to fit in steps where I can.
  • ldashburn
    ldashburn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can spot tone. If you belong to a gym, they may have a machine that specifically works the inner thigh by squeezing the legs together. If you are working out at home, stick a pillow between your knees and squeeze. Don't over do it, it may not feel like your really hitting it, but the next day you will know you did.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, and more cardio!!!! AND. . .squats, squats, and more squats! Try squats with a wide stance and your toes pointed slightly outward. That will target the inner thighs. Cardio will burn away your body fat and once the fat is gone you will be able to see the muscle below. And yes, the elliptical works lots of leg areas, but running/jogging is better (you will burn more calories in a shorter amount of time). It doesn't matter how much muscle you have if fat covers it up!!!! This is a hard area for most women to lose the fat in!
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Wonder if I stick some plastic wrap around that area while i work out if that would help any??? lol
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Sumo Squats!!!!!

stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder width. point toes outward. keep back straight and bend your knees, sort of like a plee-ay. Not sure how you spell that. When you come back up, come up slowly and really squeeze that inner thigh muscle.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I know to tone that area you can lay on your side propping your head in your hand or laying flat on your side.. lay bottom leg flat on the floor & the upper leg cross over bottom leg almost like a triangle over the other leg.. then lift the lower leg toward the ceiling.
    Not sure if this makes sense but the cardio should help get rid of the fat too

Yes, I've done that exercise before and you can definitely feel it working the inner thigh.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Like PP have said, you can't target fat loss - the fat comes off there last. To tone up the quads do lunges and squats. Running has done alot for my thighs to tighten them. For the chafing, use vaseline or you can get a runner's aid called body slick or something like that. It's like a deoderant stick applicator. Runners don't wear cotton for that very reason.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Any cardio will work, treadmill, elliptical, arc trainer, etc...To really tone those muscles you need to do leg lifts, or even better, use the abductor and adductor weight machines at the gym.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    At one time I watched a program that stated that this area is the hardest to tone because there was no specific exercise for the inner thigh, and that it's a very difficult muscle to isolate. However, if you do a web search you may find someone that says differently. I've actually tried to flex that muscle without a lot of results. Good Luck.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Spot reducing is impossible, but cardio will help to get rid of the fat. Strength training is also important. Exercises like squats, deadlifts, lunges and leg presses will help firm up the area so there's less "jiggle" in that area.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sumo Squats!!!!!

stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder width. point toes outward. keep back straight and bend your knees, sort of like a plee-ay. Not sure how you spell that. When you come back up, come up slowly and really squeeze that inner thigh muscle.

Hmm..I'm gonna have to try that. I was gonna say reg squats and lunges. Walking/jogging/running will def help too.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wonder if I stick some plastic wrap around that area while i work out if that would help any??? lol

LOL :)