HELP!!!! someone brought donuts!!!

Options

Replies

• figfighter
    figfighter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people are telling you to eat a donut when it's pretty clear you don't want to eat one. I guess the only thing you can do is try not to go near the room where the smell is and maybe find something else to focus your attention on.

popupvideo - I also don't want her to eat it if she doesn't want to. The replies are pretty strange I think.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    oh noes!!!

giphy.gif
    \m/
  • popupvideo
    popupvideo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself how am I going to feel after I eat it. There's your answer. :wink:
    Genius point. #love
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Tell yourself you can have one and only one at the end of the day. Or split one with someone else who is suffering as well. Then forgo your snack tonight if need be. Donuts are not the enemy, lack of willpower is.
  • figfighter
    figfighter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    who on earth eats half a donut??? i'm in the wrong place
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts are Police food

Are you the police? If no step away from the doughnuts

:laugh:

Seriously...... if it fits have it.... but if you think having one will lead to two then back off.

If you dont have a doughnut you will feel so proud of yourself headding home tonight

I have done that before

:smile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It's her birthday. She can have donuts if she wants donuts.

Either work one into your day and thank her for bringing them, or exercise self-control and don't have one.

This^^^^^
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself how am I going to feel after I eat it. There's your answer. :wink:
    Genius point. #love

If only hashtags worked on mfp
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that so many people are commenting things like "be an adult" and that they don't understand why this is a moment of difficulty!

I understand!!

I also understand it is a bit funny, too, I mean all this debate over a donut, BUT it is the little habits and choices which are so difficult to make when we don't see clearly how they will fit into the bigger picture.

I am really glad you posted this, because when you said "HELP!!! DONUTS!!!!" it made me laugh and think of all the times I have been through a similar situation, and felt unsure and also a bit melodramatic, and it made me feel not alone in these mini struggles. Also, btw I heard that people who see the complexities of smaller situations like this have a more pixalated view of the world, and deeper understanding of the world for it ;)

People BE KIND; GET ON BOARD; OR DON'T POST :D

If only the world was so kind? I didn't see anyone put OP down in a negative way to get her to make her choice.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people are telling you to eat a donut when it's pretty clear you don't want to eat one. I guess the only thing you can do is try not to go near the room where the smell is and maybe find something else to focus your attention on.

popupvideo - I also don't want her to eat it if she doesn't want to. The replies are pretty strange I think.

On the contrary, the whole point of her post is that she does want a donut. If she didn't want to eat the donut, she wouldn't be having any problems. It's that she doesn't want to want the donut that is the problem. Those replies hit a very valid point, sometimes you just need to satisfy a craving with a moderate serving and be done with it. Or it'll fester into something bigger.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I will help you eat them. LOL no, you can do it. Or jsut have half one and give the other half to an equally calorie conscious person. I work with lots of people who are using MFP but we aren't on here together because well lets face it if I want to rant about work I don't want them saying something taken out of context. any way, when a smell really starts getting to me, I sometimes rub hand sanitizer on my upper lip, blocks the smell of the other thing. See if it helps, but I will admit, right now I could use a donut.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Sooooooooo much this.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that so many people are commenting things like "be an adult" and that they don't understand why this is a moment of difficulty!

I understand!!

I also understand it is a bit funny, too, I mean all this debate over a donut, BUT it is the little habits and choices which are so difficult to make when we don't see clearly how they will fit into the bigger picture.

I am really glad you posted this, because when you said "HELP!!! DONUTS!!!!" it made me laugh and think of all the times I have been through a similar situation, and felt unsure and also a bit melodramatic, and it made me feel not alone in these mini struggles. Also, btw I heard that people who see the complexities of smaller situations like this have a more pixalated view of the world, and deeper understanding of the world for it ;)

People BE KIND; GET ON BOARD; OR DON'T POST :D

It's not a matter of kindness or lack thereof. The choice of whether to eat the donut or not is pretty binary. You do it or you don't. And if you do, it's not the end of the world. That's all people are saying. We have a box of french pastries in our break room right now, fresh from a local bakery this morning. I could go have one if I wanted to. But then again, I'm an adult and I have to face choices like this every day - I could go drink a case of beer tonight, I could order a pizza right now and eat the entire thing for lunch, I could skip my workout...

It comes down to willpower. So, if you want the donut, make it fit. If you don't, for whatever reason, then be strong and mentally flex your willpower muscles. It's not about being unkind; it's just that simple.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This one time, eat as many as you can and then pack some up and loudly exclaim, "I'm taking these home!! Super Yummy! Thanks Carl for bringing these for me" (Say that even if the person's name isn't Carl).

You'll never be invited to have another doughnut and they will go as far as hiding them from you if someone brings them in again.

Yeah, it's a lot up front, but in the long run...you're the winner.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Sooooooooo much this.

People who know how to eat moderation.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Tell her happy birthday

Take a donut back to your desk.

Eat one bite.

Enjoy it.

Throw the rest of that donut in the trash.

Now you've partaken in birthday celebrations, enjoyed the first bite (which is the best part, isn't it) and had a nice compromise on your diet.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Tell her happy birthday

Take a donut back to your desk.

Eat one bite.

Enjoy it.

chachi-eating-a-donut-o.gif
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    When someone brings donuts into my office

I usually eat two!!

Happy Birthday to the office lady that brought them :flowerforyou:
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If our workplace had treats I used to wait until the end of the day, and if there was any left,I'd take one home wrapped in a napkin (in my lunchbox) and split it with hubby. And I wasn't even calorie-counting, I just wanted to share the awesomeness of the donut/cupcake/sandwich tray (and I felt bad taking two - usually someone brought maybe 30 and the store is staffed 24/7 so the night-staff hardly ever got any).
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Sooooooooo much this.

People who know how to eat moderation.

I would consider the whole donut moderation, combined with an otherwise balanced day.