HELP!!!! someone brought donuts!!!

Options

Replies

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had to turn down my FAVORITE kind of cookie the other day when a co-worker really pressured me to eat some, "just to get rid of them". Thankfully, I survived the assault! It's tough, but in the end, just say no.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    who on earth eats half a donut??? i'm in the wrong place

Sooooooooo much this.

People who know how to eat moderation.

I would consider the whole donut moderation, combined with an otherwise balanced day.

Some people moderation can be half a serving.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I am here to HELP.... eat the donuts.

Oh wait. You weren't offering us donuts. Never mind. (slinks out sadly hoping another thread has actual donuts to share)

Follows kruggeri to find the ACTUAL donuts.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Bring me the donut. I'll eat it.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, have one and count it and move on. We have a tray of chocolate chip cookies (major weakness for me). It was good. Just replaced my morning snack with it and will watch what I eat even closer the rest of the day. I should be good.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Have one if you want one and make it work. It's not going to wreck your diet.

When it comes to birthdays, I let my coworkers know that I don't really care for birthday "treats". The department always does something for birthdays and I prefer fresh fruit with dip or something. But I'm weird...I scrape the frosting off cake because it's too sweet.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I realized during my loss period that it was the smell of donuts that I actually loved, not the taste.
    My co-workers would tease me because I would come by the box just for a whif.

One time a lady said, "I bet you miss them, huh?"
    I replied, "yes, but I don't miss my back fat."

Now that I'm in maintenance, I eat them. Fo sho.
  • kikif617
    kikif617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Someone brings donuts to my office every Thursday. Yes people every freaking Thursday, along with bagels and cream cheese. I love me some donuts and would have 2 or 1 bagel and 1 donut. So here comes Thursday morning tomorrow, and I will have to refrain myself from having 1, because they are like chips to me, I can't just eat one donut. Wish me luck tomorrow, as this will be the first Thursday in 3 months I'm going to refrain from having one.
  • jeremydavidd
    jeremydavidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

so have one, or half of one, and count it in your days total calories. make it fit in your day. Depriving yourself will lead to binging.

Great advice...I had to start doing the same as my office is full of 145 pound men who eat like there is no tommorow. They think donuts are one of the food groups.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mo8al0OwwR1qimd9m.gif
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just came for the donuts and see none, you people are slacking. :sad:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Someone brings donuts to my office every Thursday. Yes people every freaking Thursday, along with bagels and cream cheese. I love me some donuts and would have 2 or 1 bagel and 1 donut. So here comes Thursday morning tomorrow, and I will have to refrain myself from having 1, because they are like chips to me, I can't just eat one donut. Wish me luck tomorrow, as this will be the first Thursday in 3 months I'm going to refrain from having one.

perfect example of "self control"
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The people in my office are going to hate me today- I'm bringing mint Girl Guide cookies to our team meeting.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

perfect example of "self control"

a better example would be the ability to just eat one.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    my son and i have a donut tradition... sometimes when we walk to the library we stop at the gas station and get zombie donuts (they are not gas station donuts, they are from this local bakery across town and sooo good) and i track it. and they are delicious. what i dont eat is a sub-par donut. if you want a donut, have a donut. but make sure they are worth the calories. krispy kreme, yes... safeway no. top pot, no. zombie donut in bacon maple, yes.

life is full of things that are worth it and things that are not.

but anything can be made to fit and there is no point freaking out about it. you are the one in charge of you.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    aaw178.gif

DID SOMEONE SAY DONUTS!?!?!?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is the smell trigging cravings? Does she know that? In that case, kill her!

If you can eat one donut and be satisfied, on the other hand, work it into your budget and enjoy it. But you don't have to be effusive about it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right? Monday I brought in banana bread, made with butter and buttermilk, nothing low calorie about it. Was gone before lunch. For my birthday this year, I brought in my famous gooey butter cake with chocolate heath bar pieces. If it was up to my co-workers, I would bring this in on a weekly basis.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My 'roids are killing me today...sitting on a donut pillow.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

Because it's her birthday and you ARE allowed to have a donut you know. Make it fit into your day.