Warning: Men may wanna stay away.

Options
124»

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am shocked and baffled when this happens to me.

Your profile pic looks like your hand is on your hip, I lol'd at this response because of this :laugh:

Edited to add that I had to click on it to make sure this wasn't the case.

My thumbnails have swag.
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I never get threads like this, it's been happening for years. What's the surprise, it happens and we get back to normal. I'm glad some guys here have a sense of humour.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    banner-teeth.jpg
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    banner-teeth.jpg

I.....just.....can't
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Is it your first period?

For some women, when they start losing weight or changing their diets, their periods drastically change. I, for one, am going through pre-menopause at the age of 33, so yeah it's like having to learn my period all over again. Watch your karma.

u26XLy7.gif
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    banner-teeth.jpg

I.....just.....can't

..... spell 'dentata'?
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think only a few people are not affected by their periods. I usually get really weepy and lethargic, sleep a loooot! My cramps have been getting worse as I've gotten older so the first few days I'm taking pain killers. During my red week I've noticed that my appetite is completely different. Not just in the fact that it craves garbage... sugar, chocolate, fries, hamburgers, etc etc. But that for a few days I feel neither hunger nor fullness. My stomach feels like a bottomless pit. And though there have been days where I have barely eaten because I haven't been hungry, it's usually been the opposite where I just shove whatever I can manage down my gullet because I don't feel full! It's very dangerous. This first period during my weight loss journey has been a very hard test to my dedication to being healthier.

I think I might end up with a loss at the end of the week but in truth I'm just trying not to gain this week. I've eaten at a deficit but not under my calorie limit and had several fast food items I don't usually indulge in.

And I think that's okay. Our bodies are flushing our lady parts of the baby making ingredients. And I guess I don't really think about the significance of it because it happens every month, but it is discarding a part of us. Of course our emotions are heightened and our bodies are in a wonky state- it's kind of a traumatic experience for our bodies. I think it's a lot to ask of ourselves to manage to lose weight while our bodies are in a state of flux.

I bet if your hard work doesn't show this week, it will show next week. Keep it up!