anyone?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think this list is rather ambiguous.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What does your weight lifting routine look like? should follow a structured routine to get the most out of it;
    What is Body conditioning? and
    What are/is your goal(s)?
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi Erickirb

Weights routine is yet to be defined I'm seeing my PT at some point over the weekend.

Body conditioning is defined as dyamic aerobic warm up followed by strength and endurance exercises that challenge the entire body using hand held weights and body bars.

Goals to be ski fit for december.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That is quite a lot to do in a week, and even the weekends are very intense. I wouldn't be able to sustain that amount personally, but maybe you are tougher than I am! Also you don't want to burn out from over-doing it, as I know I would get to Wednesday and collapse!
  • aneary1980
    Options
    That is quite a lot to do in a week, and even the weekends are very intense. I wouldn't be able to sustain that amount personally, but maybe you are tougher than I am! Also you don't want to burn out from over-doing it, as I know I would get to Wednesday and collapse!

11 weeks till I go skiing! Eeeek
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi Erickirb

Weights routine is yet to be defined I'm seeing my PT at some point over the weekend.

Body conditioning is defined as dyamic aerobic warm up followed by strength and endurance exercises that challenge the entire body using hand held weights and body bars.

Fair enough... as for doing the body conditioning the day after your weights, I would rethink that if you are going to work the same muscle groups in body conditioning that you worked out the day before. muscles require rest to recover from strength training and this may not allow enough time for that to occur, meaning you may do more harm than good by doing body conditioning the day after.

I would bring up your goals and other planned exercise to the PT and he/she may have a better way to go about achieving your goals.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would incorporate at least one rest day a week. You're going to make yourself ill or end up clinically exhausted with that plan. You don't need to run so much.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Hi Erickirb

Fair enough... as for doing the body conditioning the day after your weights, I would rethink that if you are going to work the same muscle groups in body conditioning that you worked out the day before. muscles require rest to recover from strength training and this may not allow enough time for that to occur, meaning you may do more harm than good by doing body conditioning the day after.

I would bring up your goals and other planned exercise to the PT and he/she may have a better way to go about achieving your goals.

I could swap the runing and weights around a bit so it wouldn't be so much after each other.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    I would incorporate at least one rest day a week. You're going to make yourself ill or end up clinically exhausted with that plan. You don't need to run so much.

Friday is a rest day.

I like running it's new to me and I want to keep my stamia up as after christmas I will start training for a half marathon.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    So you'd be running 5 k on a Saturday, 10k on a Sunday, and then 5 k on a Monday again. Wee bit too much running on consecutive days, is my thoughts.

But by and large, you've got a good varied routine there.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    So you'd be running 5 k on a Saturday, 10k on a Sunday, and then 5 k on a Monday again. Wee bit too much running on consecutive days, is my thoughts.

But by and large, you've got a good varied routine there.

After Erickirb's advise

I've moved things around so I'll be doing weights on monday now, and I've changed sunday's body conditioning to Hi/Lo instead.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Better?

Monday Evening
    Weights and Abs

Tuesday Morning
    Run (treadmill - 5k)

Tuesday Evening
    Body conditioning

Wednesday Evening
    Weights & Abs