1200 calories plus exercise and I have Gained Help Please!

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    stats plz
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    7,000 calorie cheat day? Yikes.

We have no other stats of OP like weight, height, what MFP is set to lose per week?

Doesn't matter. If OP is really consuming 7,000 calories on a cheat day that is easily the 2 pounds she is complaining about. ;)

Yes we do need stats.
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4
    Active daily I work out at least 450 calories a day.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

he meant what lifestyle. Desk job, labor work. That kind of thing. Also are you wearing a HRM to figure out 450 exercise calories?
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert lol. But I just glanced over your diary and I think it's a combination of several things.

1) there are some days where you exercise and burn over 400 calories but only eat 1000-1100. It's not a good balance. You're running off too few of calories. I'm sure someone else with more expertise can explain why it's an issue and hinders weight loss better than me :)

2) Your protein is REALLY low some days. One day you were at 16. That's low even when you aren't exercising but with all that exercise, it's just not even close to enough protein for your body. Gotta work some more in there. You always seem to be at least decently below your goal on protein.

3) I'm not seeing a lot of substance in your meals. One day lunch was like 40 calories.

Also, what kind of exercise are you doing? Is it just cardio or is there strength/weight training in there?
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Could be water retention. Could be your period. Could also be that you are gaining muscle. Don't worry about it. If you keep it up next week you will see a loss instead of a gain.
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your sodium looks a bit high. I may be projecting, because I retain a lot water w/my sodium intake, so just my two cents. Also, TOM can do a bit. I also recall when I was actively losing more, I'd be up a few lbs, then back down randomly,

Best of luck.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

Based on stats
    Your TDEE is ~2100
    About 1700 would be TDEE - 20%

So if all tracking and weighing and measuring is right, as you say.....
    You should be fine...
    The 2 lbs is most likely water weight or TOM.....

ANd I would also throw in at this point that 1200 daily is too low....
    I wouldn't go less than 1500...but do as you wish. :wink:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    As you're female, I'm going to say water most likely. Your muscles also swell and take on water after a hard workout. Furthermore, monitor how much sodium you are taking in, because this will make you retain extra water. As will refined carbs like white bread. So try not to panic because the water will come back off again in a few days.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi, so I'm so disheartened I have exercised everyday this week and ate 1200 calories and I gained today :-( Could anyone shine a light on to why?? The last 2 weeks I lost 5 pounds so I don't understand why I gained this week. Could Pmt or water be the problem?
    Na, if you were eating 1200 calories, you didn't gain. Weight loss is not linear, and it naturally fluctuates. It's normal to lose quickly at first too because it's a lot of water.

Hang in there!
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

he meant what lifestyle. Desk job, labor work. That kind of thing. Also are you wearing a HRM to figure out 450 exercise calories?

I study and work as a trainee midwife twice a week but on days I study I work out.an yes as I said I clock everything even how many steps I do a day!!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    also looking at your diary.
    Get you macros in line.

Protein around 135 gr
    fat around 58 gr
    carbs around 150
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

Based on stats
    Your TDEE is ~2100

You should be fine...

Thank you :)
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. You are netting less than 1,000 calories every day. Not good.
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    Ye i seem to have a real awful issue with food I guess :-(.

Thank you everyone else for the help ????????????
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Ye i seem to have a real awful issue with food I guess :-(.

Thank you everyone else for the help ????????????

Good luck, wish you the best....

But I would srs recommend getting macros where they should be, and also upping your calories a bit.
  • arasoi
    arasoi Posts: 1
    Options
    Seeing as no one has asked this, what do you drink throughout your day? I see no beverages in your diary. Water , coffee, Tea all will add nothing to your day if plain. Almost everything else will sneak in kcals real fast if you are not careful.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4
    I looked at your diary.

Not every food entry in the MFP database is correct. You have to do some research to ensure correct entries. Therefore, you could be underestimating calories, even if you do weight and log food. Check this link out: www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Also, you log cleaning as exercise. Stop doing this because that is part of your activity level. It also looks to me like you are overestimating those calorie burns. Where are you getting them from? MFP, internet, and gym machine OVERESTIMATE those calories burned. Cut them to 3/4 or even half, and you should be fine.

Unless you have some medical condition, you are not gaining weight on 1200 calories. If you truly feel you are eating this low amount and gaining weight, it's time to go to the doctor.

My favorite saying these days is that nobody gets to be a special snowflake when it comes to weight loss.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

I study and work as a trainee midwife twice a week but on days I study I work out.an yes as I said I clock everything even how many steps I do a day!!
    What is your activity level set at? All those steps are included.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    stats plz

12 stone 5
    5'4

Based on stats
    Your TDEE is ~2100

You should be fine...

I was waiting for someone to throw some science into this. I used to eat at a 1200 deficit, didn't lose anything, went based off my TDEE and started losing quicker, Now I just calculate as I lose weight to make sure my cals are still accurate.

OP your not eating enough... try and increase your cals you will see a big change.
    And as for the 7000 calorie cheat day wtf? your body needs to be at a deficit of 3500 cals a week for a 1lb loss (I may be slightly off on that math early morning and lack of coffee) so when you have a 7000 cheat day you wipe out all you worked for... try having a cheat meal instead of an entire day.