Your most stupid injury

Options

Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I sprained my wrist giving myself some self loving.

I'll just let that sink in

How you doin'?
  • RiniSixxx
    RiniSixxx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I accidentally punched a stand mixer with my pinky finger....a few weeks ago and it still hurts :[
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I fractured my wrist and don't even know what happened to it. I woke up one morning and couldn't move it. After a few days I went to the doctor, found a fracture on the x-ray. Still have no idea how I did it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Just in case I ever get too full of myself I have a scar on my right temple that I got from closing a door on my own head. It serves as a not so subtle reminder of how dumb I can be.

:laugh: :laugh: I knew we were friends for a reason! Stupid self injuries happen to the best of us!
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Dropped a dumbell on my toe and broke it...v clever...

Was on holiday in Thailand when my phone/bank card were stolen. Went to police station to get report. On way out of police station I fell down the stairs and smacked my head. Blood all over the pavement. Oops. Good old Koh Phi Phi...

And the usual burning myself with the hair straighteners...

Oh my gosh, yes!!! My flat iron and I are no longer on nice terms!
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    On a trampoline dressed as a fairy one minute, in pain unable to walk (for 6 months + 1year PT) from having my knee ripped to shreds.

My neighbors when I was a kid had a huge trampoline. That was my first hairline fracture on my ankle and busted lip straight through. To this day my ankle tingles when I see kids on a trampoline.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    I sprained my wrist giving myself some self loving.

I'll just let that sink in

Oh....I'm sure it all sank very deep :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was doing a bunch of fast splits before dance class. My hamstring snapped. Somehow I still danced through the class. After class, crossing the street, I could no longer lift my leg while in the middle of the road.

Took my helmet off while still riding my bike. Dropped it. Reached to grab it, instead of letting it fall. Flipped over the handle bars and broke my wrist. I worked the whole night and next day before going to the doctor.

Fell off a skateboard and tore ligaments in my ankle.

My twin brother drove me to the store to get food for a dance party. The car had no seatbelts. He was speeding, while i was telling him to slow down. We hit black ice and drove into a telephone poll.

An elderly woman drove into me when i was riding my bike. I bounced all over her car and the street. She kept driving and almost ran over my head. She was not supposed to be driving due to her vision.

I have also had a bunch of non stupid injuries.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I'm a walking accident I can't pick one!

This is me...

While at a bar with my new friend and her friends my husband and I were getting ready to leave. The whole bar is PACKED full. He's a big guy and was walking ahead of I never saw the potted plant, FACE PLANTED in front of the whole bar. The worst part was the collective OHHHHHHHH of the crowd. Nothing was hurt but my pride. I held it together until we were safely on our way home!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I tripped and fell while going on my first walk a couple weeks ago... I landed on my right side of my body. My right shoulder hurt so badly I couldn't move my arm for Zumba for a while (which is my usual exercise). I don't think I'll ever do walking as exercise, much less running!! :noway: Lmao!! :blushing:
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have two, one involving being drunk at the age of 16 and slipping on a deck off the side. Hobbled around for next two days before my mum decided I should go to docs. Ended up chipping the bone at end of fibula and being in a horrid cast for 8 weeks.

The next one, I was having quite a nightmare one night. It got to the stage where I had to karate kick these people in my nightmare to get rid of them. I remember being in a hurry to execute the kick and was struggling to actually get my leg out from under the covers of the bed to do it. Semi with it I got my leg out and did a big kick to the people except it was a wooden wall I kicked. I woke fully properly with that and had broken my big toe. :blushing:
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was climbing a tree with several guys years after I should have stopped climbing trees. About 30ft up there's a split and these guys being well over 6ft just reach out & grab the other limb. Me being short I can't reach it, so I jump. I caught the other limb then slid down the trunk scraping all the skin off my chest(yes, the poor girls), arm & hand, knocking myself unconscious on the way down. I don't climb trees anymore.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Was washing dishes when a small glass tumbler fell into the drain, while I was trying to get it out, it shattered and cut the outside of my pinky finger to the bone. When my husband and I arrived at the urgent care I had to convince them that my big burley husband (he's huge, but a teddy bear) didn't try and attack me with a knife - they were convinced it was a "defensive" wound - he'll never live that one down!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    In high school. Mom wanted me to go to some church group sunday class thing. I said no. She insisted. I punched a couch as hard as i could. shattered my hand. turns out the soft upholstery was hiding a hardened tree trunk. Goodbye wrestling season. still missing a knuckle.

wish I could take that back.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Jeez, I've always considered myself fairly injury proof until I realize all the stupid crap I've done.

1) In the middle of winter back home a friend and I were running across a lake that was frozen over. I hit a soft spot not too far from shore, and one leg shot down into the ice cold water. Pulled my gluteus medius and had some nasty cuts down one leg.

2) First time I ever went snowboarding, I thought I was tough and went down the advanced trail. Decided to try a jump. Leaned too far forward and planted the front of my board into some soft snow. It stopped me cold, ended up with a sprained knee on that one.

3) Someone mentioned horses, which reminded me of this. I was in the third or fourth grade riding horses for cub scouts. There weren't enough horses (they were probably ponies looking back on it) for everyone, so I had to ride one with my brother, who was a few years older and about 75 pounds heavier than I. The scoutmaster had us going at a walking pace, but something spooked my horse. Horse bucked us both off. Big brother landed on me. Knocked the wind out of me pretty bad, but thankfully nothing broken!

4) In fifth grade, my best friend and I were knocking lights out of a fallen telephone pole with a hammer (we were real winners!). He cocked the hammer back when I was behind him and knocked my front teeth straight out of my mouth.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    When I was 4-5 yrs old, me and my sisters were jumping over toys, one of them being a golf ball peg thingy and yeah my foot landed right on top of it and it went right through my foot.

When I was a teenager, me and my friends were playing hide-n-seek in a very old movie theater and I was hiding up in a loft of some sort, several feet off the ground. I was trying to get out quickly and landed on my ankle wrong and chipped a bone in my ankle. Still have issues with it to this day.

About 15 yrs ago, we had a jeep and I went to close the hatchback and ended up slamming it on my forehead and knocked myself out and had blood all over my face.

A few years ago I was riding my bike and I fell off of it at a stop light, very embarrassing, needless to say ended up having shoulder surgery for rotary cuff tare.

Klutziness runs in our family, especially the women side. :ohwell:
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of these had me actually laughing out loud!!

I have had so many stupid injuries I cant even remember most of them.

Im a package delivery driver and years ago I ran into a factory that had a garage type door to the shipping room. I lifted it, got my signature, turned to run out ( I had one more priority stop I was barely going to make) and the door had dropped..it caught me in the forhead as I exited, knocking me feet up into the air, landing flat on my back. I swear a little circle of chirping birds and daisys spun around my head like in the cartoons! I jumped up, flew to my last stop, just made my delivery in time and called an older lady on the route next to me who came and sat with me until I could see straight. That was 25 years ago and we still laugh about it.
    Another time I was trotting to my truck and just as I went to hop up in the side door, I hit a mud puddle, thick like pudding. I slid. one leg up and one down, under my truck! I had to drag myself back out through the goo, legs akimbo..I was sure I broke my leg, it hurt so bad. I then had to put plastic door bags on my fabric seat because I was drenched in thick mud.

Then there was the time another courier shoved a heavy package at me, bending my thumb back, tearing the ligament that connects the whole shoulder/thumb thing. That was surgery and a knuckle to elbow cast.

How could I forget the time I stepped off of a loading dock because the company I was picking up at had locked me in, my foot went between the bumper of the van I was using that day and I fell the rest of the way, snapping my tendons. No one was around and I landed on a board with nails sticking out of it. I have never EVER felt pain like that injury. I laid there screaming, finally a trucker who knew me pulled in and got me help. my foot was twisted sideways and hanging there, triple the size of the other one. The med center nurse said "oh honey, you really broke your ankle!" Nope, but I couldnt walk for weeks.

Oh yeah, there was this other time that I was scanning and sorting documents when a coworker stupidly rolled a low, wide push cart up behind me inches from my feet. I went to step back, fell, landed on the cart, the momentum rolled me into a meal shelf and knocked me out! One of my other coworkers that saw the whole thing said I was just staring at the ceiling..I dont remember.

Recently I was delivering to a house in the winter, the snow was deep and as I walked to the front, not knowing what I was stepping on, I was suddenly going down a slick hill into some water! They had a pond going in and had slippery plastic liner under the snow! I got to finish my day soaking wet.

I just remembered stepping on a cheap set of temporary steps at a house and they snapped, I flew face first into the gravel..there was a cat sitting on the steps when that happened, God knows where I propelled him!

And that, my friends is just the icing on the cake..dang, how did I survive?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I took my boys to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm (essentially a zoo specializing in various crocodilians). As we were walking on the boardwalk over a lagoon full of gators, I opened my wallet to get some quarters so my boys could buy some gator chow. One of my credit cards fell out, and I dove for it (lest if fall through the slats or over the edge and into the jaws of an eight foot gator) crashing hard on my left knee. Then days later I was playing tennis on a rain-slick court and wiped out going for a volley. This time my right knee took the brunt of the fall. So now I have two skinned knees like a five-year-old (although the left one is healing up nicely, the right one is still oozing...even with the bacitracin...I am convinced I am going to end up with some flesh-eating bacteria).
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My friend offered me a package of Twizzlers, and warned "they may be a bit stale."

I opened the package and bit into one. It shattered and a shard of Twizzler stabbed my thumb. I bled all over the place.

A little stale...:grumble:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I threw out my lower back by just walking once. This was a long time ago.

I was standing still when mine went out. Didn't even know that was possible.