Your most stupid injury

Options

Replies

• jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Stood up after going to the toilet, tripped over my trousers and fell onto the tiled floor. Put my hand out to stop myself from hitting my head. Ended up having my wrist X-rayed.
  • jouttie
    Options
    Got out of a car, closed the door on my thumb and the driver drove off with me running alongside crying for him to stop.
    Hurt like hell.
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sleepwalking out of an upstairs patio door with no balcony... Broke my back, ribs, shoulder head injury and punctured rib.... Now have a lot of titanium inside me, but very lucky I can still walk!
  • jouttie
    Options
    I was cycling downhill, I must have been about ten. Our neighbour, Michael Fisher, threw a stick at me... and it landed in my spokes. It came to an abrupt stop, as it would. I flew head over heels over the handlebars, cracking my skull on the pavement. It was painful, but not as painful as Michael Fisher's backside when his dad found out and got ahold of him!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Tore my ACL in my right knee while playing kickball and collided with someone else on MY team. Diidn't actually go to the doctor for a month, and hurt myself 2x more before I finally went and got the MRI that diagnosed it, as well as a tear in the meniscus. It took ACL replacement surgery, weeks off work with bed rest, and months of PT to get back to normal, or as close to it as possible. It's been over a year and it still feels weird running or going down stairs. :grumble:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Stepping in a gopher hole (causing a severe sprain) and effectively ending my awesome running streak. I'm still not back in my former running shape months later. It kinda wrecked my summer fitness activities...:brokenheart:
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Tore my ACL while practicing my dancing routine for a group performance. Wish someone had explained the importance of stretching to me
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was doing P90x kempo and I uppercut myself...hard.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I was a receiver in HS, and caught a lame duck pass that broke two of my fingers on my left hand. The pain took me by surprise and I ducked my head down while still running to look at my fingers, and ran into the goal post, hard, giving myself a mild concussion. Two weeks later, during practice (here's the stupid part), I did it again, this time breaking two fingers on my right hand and again hit the goal post for concussion number two.

My mother seriously contemplated pulling me off the team at that point...not because I was girl or even because I was injured, but apparently i wasn't smart enough to avoid the same injury in less than two weeks.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fractured skull . . . . off field rugby related (ie booze) incident
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fractured my wrist, falling on morning dew, taking a puppy out to pee.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I pulled a muscle in my behind trying to dance. It was a dance involving much shaking of the hips and behind. I did not do it correctly.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Also, breaking my ankle in high school during floor hockey (thanks to being the only girl in a class of 30 playing + an aggressive boy who didn't like being lightly checked when I got the puck...charged at me, slammed into me, stepped on my ankle while he fell and all his body weight gave me a chip fracture. Bone is still somewhere in the muscle of my foot!), walking on it 6 months without being seen by a doctor, going to a PT because I lost the ability to rotate my foot to the left, fell off a curb the day after PT, and had to do the roll of shame in a wheelchair past his office again to get another x-ray to make sure I didn't break anything else, haha. Luckily just a sprain! :drinker:
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In high school. Mom wanted me to go to some church group sunday class thing. I said no. She insisted. I punched a couch as hard as i could. shattered my hand. turns out the soft upholstery was hiding a hardened tree trunk. Goodbye wrestling season. still missing a knuckle.

wish I could take that back.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I tripped over a shoe, fell down and broke my wrist in two places. Call me Grace. :sad:
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I once did the tight pants dance pulling my pants on and hurt my back. I struggled to move for like 3 days. :tongue:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I busted my chin open on a tile floor trying to skate on a Barbie car. Still have the scar under my chin.

Also, don't ask me what I was thinking....but I decided it was a good idea to shut the garage door....BY THE CREASE. Slammed shut on all of my fingers, minus the thumbs. I'm lucky I still have fingers :embarassed:

Mind you, I was younger for these incidents. But still stupid as hell.

I busted my chin open twice in the same place! Ended up with 6 stitches both times. The first time I was 4 and attempted a back flip off a pool ledge. The second I was 10 and fell off my bike.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Most of mine are stupid. I busted my toe running in the house, managed to jam it right under the door to my room (it was my little toe), and have gone on to manage to bust it several more times. Three stitches from a model building accident, a messed up ankle from my junior year of HS as the one time i actually tried in gym class i landed on it.

The hospital said it was a sprain but given that it hurts to this day I'm calling BS on that. Various minor scars from years of raising cats lol. Oh there was the one scar from when I was making my bed and accidentally got my hand stuck on a sword that was next to the bed. It didn't' need stitches but was bad enough i had to pull my hand off the blade.
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lets just go with:
    Homemade router table, 2 inch flush-cut /template router bit and a hidden knot in a piece of scrap wood I was testing it on....

I knew it was a dumb idea going in and I have absolutely NO IDEA how I got out of that with only a bleeding/smashed finger. After I finally got the bleeding to stop, I went out and dismantled the table setup and took a two week break from the project to let the "dumda$$" wear off....
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I don't get injured and also I don't bleed. You can just say great genetics :)