Sriracha - instantly addictive?

Options

Replies

• bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good News: Dr Oz says that it "boosts our metabolism" so there you go, one more reason LOL
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You have, and I pity you that you have not had it sooner.

I agree!!! I put it almost everything!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes! I first had "simply sprouted sriracha multi grain chips" a few weeks ago and they are aww-mazing!!!!
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mmm, yes we love it too. I try not to use it on everything, because all of our friends and family don't like spicy or hot food. But if the bottle is near empty, we run to the store quickly, just to make sure we have it at hand. So yeah maybe we're a little bit addictive.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    YES, YES YES YES!

And did you know that Texas Pete has a new sauce called Sriracha-cha?

Oh man it's so good too.

The Tuong Ot brand goes great with Hoisin sauce, but beware Hoisin is loaded with sodium so only use a little.

Thanks for the tip! I will look for those.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have to be a semi buzzkill here with a warning: If you find yourself suddenly having intestinal issues, particularly of the stinky variety, the Sriracha is gonna be to blame. My husband was dumping Sriracha on everything... next thing I know we're buying baby wipes, Preparation H and Gas-X in bulk.... so he tried simply cutting back on it, but that didn't help. We had to switch to milder Mexican sauces like Cholula.

Most people can eat Sriracha no problem, but if you do find bad things suddenly happening in the.... lower regions.... knock off the Sriracha rather than running to the doctor, is all I'm sayin'.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Chilli in itself is confirmed to be addictive, but i have to agree, after being sent some from mexico by a friend i met online many many years ago, I was hooked on chilli ever since.

I tend not to have chilli now unless it in powder form here in the uk because almost every chilli sauce here is loaded with sugar, where as the one i got sent from mexico was sugar free.

I so need a mexican friend lol....

Or if anyone knows of a chilli sauce over here in england that is sugar free please message me, smiles. :)
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just made these (with double the sriracha):
    http://damndelicious.net/2013/12/10/sriracha-cinnamon-sugar-candied-nuts/

They are delicious, simple, and you should go make them. They could probably handle a little more sriracha though.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm more addicted to Cholula, but I love to marinate pork in a mixture of low sodium teriyaki sauce, low sodium soy sauce, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic cloves & a roughly chopped onion for about 8 hours, then bake it off. YUM.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Sriracha in a bloody mary. Very good.
  • mwmix
    mwmix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a fanatic. I discovered Trader Joe's variation a couple of months ago- it's AMAZING! It's got a little less of a kick than some other brands, but the flavor is phenomenal. I put it on my popcorn, on plain rice, on sandwiches- pretty much on everything within reason. Also, I agree with the above poster- crucial bloody mary ingredient!
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff.....like huy fong foods brand.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live in a world without it.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Fries dipped in sriacha-mayo... all I'm saying :love:
    I'm also partial to the Trader Joe's sriacha.
  • Healz
    Healz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark (Sriracha) side
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Got to have it :)
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use it in my honey lime chicken kabob's. It is great.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I just made these (with double the sriracha):
    http://damndelicious.net/2013/12/10/sriracha-cinnamon-sugar-candied-nuts/

They are delicious, simple, and you should go make them. They could probably handle a little more sriracha though.

OOh, thanks for sharing this link - these sound delicious!
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    I had to look up other ideas for sriracha last night and on Reddit there was a thread with some great ideas. I think I will forego the vanilla ice cream trial but it did make me laugh. But I have GOT to try it on mac & cheese post haste! I did laugh out loud at the person who said 'get a hard-boiled egg, cut it in half, throw away the yolk, fill the hollow with sriracha, enjoy'. I'm not there yet but I could see it happening.

As far as tummy issues, et al, I am thankful to have the intestinal fortitude of a wolverine. I do like to watch my salt, tho, so that is a consideration. I will try to exercise moderation, as in all things. Darn it all.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to hot, red stuff. Tabasco, korean chilli flakes, sriracha. I love that slightly burning sensation. Gives me endorphins;)

You and I might be soul mates.