Quest bars...not so fast!

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Because I'm bored I even went and looked at this... Did you even read the whole thing? Cause here's a part taken from the link you posted:

"But let’s pretend for second, hypothetically, that the claims ARE true. Even then, it doesn’t change my opinion of Quest Bars AT ALL from a nutritional PoV (ethics aside).

The primary claim is a drastic overstatement of fiber content. Personally, I eat Quest bars — and I believe most others do, too — because they’re a clean, HQ protein delivery mechanism. The fiber is a nice little added bonus; like the sprinkles on top of a decadent red velvet cupcake. But they have so many other strong pluses — low sugar, HQ protein content, extremely clean ingredients, and a stevia sweetened line — that even if you cut the fiber down from 17g to 5g, they’d still be marginally better than almost every other protein bar anyway.

And if you’re worried about a potentially *unthinkable* 20% jump in calories, it’s a net increase from 170 to 204 per bar. 34 calories. Gasp.

The Bottom Line: Keep your Quest Bars and continue eating them without thinking twice about it."

A company that lies about one thing, is sure to lie about others. I was just putting out info I found. Eat whatever makes you happy.

Nice recovery, bra.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love fanboys. Enjoy your snacks.
    Ha. I don't even eat them but I know that fanboys are more entertaining than fear mongerers.
    Enjoy your stick-poked hornet's nest. :p
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading after it said something negative about whey isolates. lol I will continue to eat them.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Quest bars screw up my macros, over 100% on everything, the math doesn't add up on them.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You - Weak source.
    Me - Strong love of Quest Bars.

Sorry, you lose.

^^this. Plus they have magical powers to help ya poop.

Haha are you the one who started the "Are Quest Bars Magic?" thread a month ago? Why do I remember all the Quest Bar threads...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really annoys me about Quest bars is the fact that most of them contain almonds, which are deadly to me. There are only a couple of flavors that I can eat. I do like those flavors that I can eat, though. I just wish I could try some different ones. Oh well.

See now THAT ^^, that right there is a valid reason to avoid a food. As for the rest, I've never understood the need to make something as basic as EATING FOOD more difficult then it has to be.
    Oh please, nothing an EPI pen can't fix. As soon as you feel your throat closing, WHAM, inject yourself in the thigh.

Also, epinephrine = 0 calories. Win, win...............win!

My husband takes this approach with honey on his sopapillas. As long as his throat doesn't close up, he keeps eating it....
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can find a negative about anything.
  • radimage
    Options
    You guys are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs.
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Where do you all buy your Quest bars? Looking for a cheaper option than GNC.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

I was just putting out info I found.

No, you were stirring up *kitten*. You added an opinion to the 'info' you'd found.

They aren't as good for you as you think.

Yes, it seems it's lovely day for trolling.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just went out and bought 3, cookie dough, double chocolate chip and chocolate brownie. This way I can see if I like them and which flavor I like most. I like that they are mostly under 200cals. Premier Protein is 30g protein but 280 calories!!! So I'm trying to move away from that.
  • Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you guys eat those things. I have tried, three times. I take a bite and can't finish it, and the after-taste...UGH.
  • jfmorrison
    jfmorrison Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    lol idk, I just found them and I love them!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Do you know what I wish had protein in it? Cliff bars! Sooooo delicious, but all carbs.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Just went out and bought 3, cookie dough, double chocolate chip and chocolate brownie. This way I can see if I like them and which flavor I like most. I like that they are mostly under 200cals. Premier Protein is 30g protein but 280 calories!!! So I'm trying to move away from that.

3 of the best flavors, if I recall. But, cookie dough, hands down.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I eat one for breakfast just about every day. Not dead yet. They keep me satiated until I have time to have an actual meal since I work busy overnights.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Do you know what I wish had protein in it? Cliff bars! Sooooo delicious, but all carbs.
    Am I thinking of something else? Last I checked they had 20g protein per bar.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Amazon has most flavors for $25/box
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Amazon has most flavors for $25/box

And here I always thought GNC was the cheapest. I just can't buy them there because my GNC has buy 2 get 1 free and I cannot have more than one on my person at a time. No self control. I'll eat all the Quest Bars!