Sriracha - instantly addictive?

Options
13»

Replies

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I put it in everything.

Really.

I've added it to Chocolate Cupcakes, it gives it something, enhances the chocolate-ltiness. I also use cold brewed Coffee rather than water, but that's a whole different subject...

It's even in the Honey-Soy Ginger Braised pork Shoulder I made for dinner tonight.

Welcome to the club! :drinker:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I had to look up other ideas for sriracha last night and on Reddit there was a thread with some great ideas. I think I will forego the vanilla ice cream trial but it did make me laugh. But I have GOT to try it on mac & cheese post haste! I did laugh out loud at the person who said 'get a hard-boiled egg, cut it in half, throw away the yolk, fill the hollow with sriracha, enjoy'. I'm not there yet but I could see it happening.

As far as tummy issues, et al, I am thankful to have the intestinal fortitude of a wolverine. I do like to watch my salt, tho, so that is a consideration. I will try to exercise moderation, as in all things. Darn it all.

Similar idea that I've done (MULTIPLE times!): 1/2 cup of Triple Lemon Ice Cream + the topping of 2 strips of Chile Mangos (found at Trader Joe's) diced into bits stirred with 1 tsp of Sriracha. Unfukkenbelievable!
  • Godnmyself
    Godnmyself Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put it on my potatoes along with some Greek yogurt and it is delicious.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I've been watching the Great Sriracha Battle with interest the last couple years. The city of Irwindale declared the Sriracha factory there a public nuisance because the fumes from the factory allegedly cause headaches, burning eyes and throat problems. When the factory refused to filter their emissions, the city filed a law suit, asking the courts to halt the production of Sriracha.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2013/10/irwindale_sues_sriracha.php

"No tear gas made here," was the saucy response of Huy Fong Foods in Irwindale, Calif. when a judge ordered the maker of the popular hot sauce Sriracha to halt any work that produces irritating fumes in December 2013.

Is a Sriracha shortage coming???

Fortunately, no. After months of battling in court, Huy Fong installed air filters and the City of Irwindale dropped the lawsuit in May 2014. Viva la Sriracha!

http://www.kcet.org/living/food/the-nosh/irwindale-drops-lawsuit-against-sriracha-maker-huy-fong-foods.html
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    We just had a sriacha festival here in San Jose, I think they have them in other parts of the country too. It's quite the condiment these days...
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    It's hot sauce....it's pretty good...people have been blowing their wads over it for over a decade now, which I don't get...it's just a pretty good hot sauce.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Sriracha + a little mayo = HNNNNNNG
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Try it with tripe pho and you'll be hooked for life
  • xxEAGLExx
    Options
    Sriracha is alright.. a little too much garlic for me, but the bottle is great..

I usually blend in some habanero sauce to up the heat and drop down the garlic flavor.

Cholula also goes quick around here.
  • Sendyk
    Sendyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Damn the Dr. Oz show for outing Sriracha! We've been using different versions of this stuff since I was a kid. Up until the last 2 years they've been a dollar and a half-ish around my area. Now, they're going for about $3 a pop! Still worth it though. Good stuff man!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot, now I want Sriracha and I live in the middle of nowhere....45 minute drive to Walmart here I come!