Quest bars...not so fast!

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Where do you all buy your Quest bars? Looking for a cheaper option than GNC.
    Amazon has most flavors for $25/box

And here I always thought GNC was the cheapest. I just can't buy them there because my GNC has buy 2 get 1 free and I cannot have more than one on my person at a time. No self control. I'll eat all the Quest Bars!
    I get them from the Vitamin Shoppe for $26/box.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Do you know what I wish had protein in it? Cliff bars! Sooooo delicious, but all carbs.
    Am I thinking of something else? Last I checked they had 20g protein per bar.

10g in a regular ( chocolate chip ) bar. 20g in a Builders Bar
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Where do you all buy your Quest bars? Looking for a cheaper option than GNC.

I used to live right down the street from TF Supplements, which was awesome because they are the rock-bottom cheapest of them all. Their permanent deal on the bars was 12 (a box) for the price of 10, if I recall.

http://www.tfsupplements.com/
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    "A balanced diet with a variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains will provide a much better fiber profile for your digestive system."

Quest bars are "a highly processed food-like product".

Both of these seem to be unremarkable, quite obviously true statements reflecting nutrition advice that has been on the go for many years now. I read almost the exact same statements in a meta-analysis about fat that I read the other day. Perhaps I am naïve, never having experienced the taste sensation of a Quest bar, but I'm really not sure what people are getting so defensive about. It seems quite obvious that whatever protein or fibre they contain could quite easily be sourced from other foods that are much less processed. Of course, people can choose whatever they like to eat, processed or not, and if it works for them, then great, but surely there is nothing strange or unusual in pointing out that Quest bars may not be the be-all and end-all of food nutrition? *scratches head*
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks nehushtan!
  • incognitocity
    incognitocity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    quest bars are like most foods, works for some, not for everyone

when i have one i get SO HUNGRY, dont know why, blood sugar seems to go crazy crazy

when my husband eats them, hes full for like a week

we always keep a box around though bc **** are they delicious...and all that fiber
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Do you know what I wish had protein in it? Cliff bars! Sooooo delicious, but all carbs.

They also make one called Builders Max that has 30g.
  • sloth3toes
    Options

They also make one called Builders Max that has 30g.

My research was incomplete and inadequate. I kind like Cliff bars. I think I will look for a Builders Max.

Of course, people can choose whatever they like to eat, processed or not, and if it works for them, then great, but surely there is nothing strange or unusual in pointing out that Quest bars may not be the be-all and end-all of food nutrition? *scratches head*
    That's correct. We can choose what we like. And I'm sure not one person in this thread has said it's the be all end all of nutrition.

Well then, hell.... I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Quest Bars are the be all end all of nutrition.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are a gift from the gods

THIS!!!
  • sloth3toes
    Options

I'm sure not one person in this thread has said it's the be all end all of nutrition.

Damn. Now that I think of it, this is pretty much the same thing.

Quest bars are a gift from the gods
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Nothing made my man is as good as whole foods. That's just reality.
    The issue becomes where to draw the line. My line 6 days per week is 70% whole foods like lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, whole grains and raw dairy products. The other 30% might be some form of processed foods like a quest bar or whatever.

And on on my weekly cheat day? :drinker: DON'T ASK!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate.

I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake... shake it off, shake it off... lol
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are awesome!!!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Quest bars nom...nom.......
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Quest bars, but this sentence in the article from the OP make me laugh:
    Sucralose is an artificial sweetener that may or may not cause cancer, bowel disease, and DNA alterations in mice.

If that's not a scare-mongering tautology, I don't know what is. On a completely unrelated subject, MFP is a website that may or may not cause cancer, bowel disease, and DNA alterations.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just went out and bought 3, cookie dough, double chocolate chip and chocolate brownie. This way I can see if I like them and which flavor I like most. I like that they are mostly under 200cals. Premier Protein is 30g protein but 280 calories!!! So I'm trying to move away from that.

3 of my favs but must try Cookies & Cream, White Chocolate Raspberry, and the Strawberry Cheesecake flavors also. I heat mine up for about 15 secs....so yummy,

I had a Cookies & Cream bar for breakfast :)
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Quest bars, but this sentence in the article from the OP make me laugh:
    Sucralose is an artificial sweetener that may or may not cause cancer, bowel disease, and DNA alterations in mice.

If that's not a scare-mongering tautology, I don't know what is. On a completely unrelated subject, MFP is a website that may or may not cause cancer, bowel disease, and DNA alterations.

Breathing air may or may not cause you die within your lifetime.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them because I think they taste bad and the texture is horrible. But that article makes me want to eat them just to be doing the opposite of what it is trying to scare me out of doing.