600 Calorie Pizza!!

Options

Replies

• TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Or you can buy Dr. Oetker Restorante pizzas which is 600-800 for THE WHOLE PIZZA. :)
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For all of you asking why the calories are so high... I average around 500 - 600 cal when entering all the goods into my MFP diary.
    For those who are saying why not have two slices of so called 'real pizza'.. Why would I want just two slices when I can have this whole pizza wrap stuffed with veggies, chicken and hot sauce. I find this WAY more satisfying, but hey! each to their own tastes...and for the person who said for a pizza to be called a pizza is has to be made from some form of dough, tortilla wraps at first are made by adding ingredients to create a DOUGH, it's then they are cut and rolled out very thin and cooked... So if your wanting to get technical here then yes you could class this as a dough base.. Just a very thin one. I call it a wrap pizza as it can be rolled up or left out as a round flat base, end of the day it's a great recipe and I think it tastes amazing.. Hope everyone who tried it enjoyed ????????
  • Tedesca
    Tedesca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I sounds delicious to me!!! :wink:
  • cherryblossombabe
    Options
    Not a problem ???? your more than welcome x
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that cause NYC knows nothing about pizza. We all know the only "real pizza" is served here in Chicago. LOL :)

TY OP for a fast lunch option that allows for some creativity.

"Let me explain something, deep-dish pizza is not only not better than New York pizza. It's not pizza,It's a f***ing casserole!"
    "...like tomato soup in a bread bowl," "an above-ground marinara swimming pool for rats..."
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Dominos large hawaiian 350 calories < real pizza!!!!
  • cherryblossombabe
    Options
    I would still choose my option over a dominos any day..dominos is far to stodgy for me but as I said before each to their own ???? wrap pizza < real FRESH TASTY FILLING pizza!!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I would still choose my option over a dominos any day..dominos is far to stodgy for me but as I said before each to their own ???? wrap pizza < real FRESH TASTY FILLING pizza!!!
    No a tasty open wrap. You keep using the word pizza I do not think you understand the meaning of that word
  • cherryblossombabe
    Options
    Yes I understand the meaning haha!
    I call it a pizza wrap as it IS a pizza wrap, what's so difficult to understand here?
    I have called it a pizza wrap ever since my nana showed me how to make this and she called it a pizza wrap.. So you could say the name has stuck.. Jeez if I want to call it a pizza wrap I will. You can call it whatever you want as long as it keeps you happy ????
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Reminds me, in a way, of the best pizza I ever had in a Mexican store in the suburbs of St Louis back in 1980. TIt was so good I still think of it today. It was made, I think, on a tortilla ... a big one ... but it was very flat, and very crispy. It held the toppings really well and of course, being Mexican, it had a thin layer of beans, it also had a lot of finely chopped vegetables and jalapeño peppers on it and some Mexican type shredded cheese.

I think that this recipe will find it's way into my oven one day ... adapted to my tastes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I call it a pizza wrap as it IS a pizza wrap, what's so difficult to understand here?
    I have called it a pizza wrap ever since my nana showed me how to make this and she called it a pizza wrap.. So you could say the name has stuck.. Jeez if I want to call it a pizza wrap I will. You can call it whatever you want as long as it keeps you happy ????

So let's call it...pizza wrap.
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that cause NYC knows nothing about pizza. We all know the only "real pizza" is served here in Chicago. LOL :)

TY OP for a fast lunch option that allows for some creativity.

"Let me explain something, deep-dish pizza is not only not better than New York pizza. It's not pizza,It's a f***ing casserole!"
    "...like tomato soup in a bread bowl," "an above-ground marinara swimming pool for rats..."

It would appear that the only thing you are capable of explaining (or demonstrating) is your incompetence when it comes to pizza.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Reminds me, in a way, of the best pizza I ever had in a Mexican store in the suburbs of St Louis back in 1980. TIt was so good I still think of it today. It was made, I think, on a tortilla ... a big one ... but it was very flat, and very crispy. It held the toppings really well and of course, being Mexican, it had a thin layer of beans, it also had a lot of finely chopped vegetables and jalapeño peppers on it and some Mexican type shredded cheese.

I think that this recipe will find it's way into my oven one day ... adapted to my tastes.

Me thinks you mean: tostada
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheese should be banned. 99% of it tastes like garbage. It'll up the calories a bit, but I'll take full fat cheese any day.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Lol - i have low standards... I use a rice cake and put sauce, cheese and chicken or bacon or something on it and call it a pizza ... :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I had no idea MFP has so many McJudge-y Foodesters.

Oh wait, yes I did.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I can get a 600 calorie pizza in a box from Save-a-Lot, and it's pretty darned tasty.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lol - i have low standards... I use a rice cake and put sauce, cheese and chicken or bacon or something on it and call it a pizza ... :)

That's a great idea!!!! Not real pizza but a good low calorie base for when I just want cheese lol
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

So let's call it...pizza wrap.
    lolz :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I can get a 600 calorie pizza in a box from Save-a-Lot, and it's pretty darned tasty.

Nom nom PARTY PIZZA