71 pounds down moobs still not going away

Options

Replies

• Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a question...are breasts and "moobs" the same? As far as tissue goes? Ha...I feel dumb asking but now I'm really interested.

Anyway, if they are...mine went away from lifting :)

moobs from Gyno is to much estrogen I think.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience. I had the problem when I was a teen and it was not fat. It was enlarged breast tissue, and all the dieting and weight lifting in the world will not make it go away. Did your Dr. examine the area? Fat on your chest is soft and breast tissue is firmer. My testosterone levels were normal but strange as it may sound, male hormone can also cause enlarged breast tissue in men. My Doc said the condition is not that uncommon and that being overweight exacerbates the problem. It was only on the my left side and I finally had to have the tissue surgically removed. Congrats on your awesome weight loss.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost so far :)

NOOOOO....don't feel pressured to post pics....some of these people forgot how they felt about their body image at 18 years old.

First make sure with your doctor that its not Gynecomastia.....a simple checkup.

If not, go to bodybuilding.com and look for weight lifting chest exercises. You can also post questions there.

Good luck and don't get discouraged.
  • scarletpride16
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your weight loss! 71 pounds is awesome! Secondly, when I was 18, well there is an old pic of me on my profile as to what I looked like a little over 2 years ago so I can relate to how you feel (I was around 5'4-5'5 and around 195 pounds so full-on man boobs). Even when i had lost around 35ish pounds I still sort of had them in clothes. Like someone mentioned, lifting weights does help. I have toned up a little in the last 5 weeks since I started and I don't really have them anymore. I wish you the best of luck man!
  • Maqneta
    Options
    They can be genetic, I've seen thin guys with them, unfortunately. I would go back to the dr and have him reassess the issue since you've lost so much weight (congratulations btw!)

I'm gonna go to the doctor if he isn't sure I'll post a picture and see if it looks like Gyne
    Seems like a backwards approach. Kind of like you want it to be Gyno when you could actually get good advice by providing us the full story.

I'm just a bit embarrassed of how it looks honestly.
    Well there is no need to feel that way. Many of us have pictures in our profile that are not pleasant to look at. You want to see moobs, feel free to look at my picture. And that was not even me at my heaviest. I had already lost 30 lbs.

eh whatever then I guess >.<! this is what it looks like and it really shows through shirt.
    photo3_zpsacdb8ceb.png
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Speaking from experience. I had the problem when I was a teen and it was not fat. It was enlarged breast tissue, and all the dieting and weight lifting in the world will not make it go away. Did your Dr. examine the area? Fat on your chest is soft and breast tissue is firmer. My testosterone levels were normal but strange as it may sound, male hormone can also cause enlarged breast tissue in men. My Doc said the condition is not that uncommon and that being overweight exacerbates the problem. It was only on the my left side and I finally had to have the tissue surgically removed. Congrats on your awesome weight loss.

thank you :)
  • karenj_m
    Options
    That looks like body fat (but it wouldn't hurt to get an opinion from your Doc, just to make sure)......start doing weight lifting program, bench press, wide fly with dumbells, etc.......

PS it does not look that bad at all........
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I know how awful you must feel buddy, but trust me your pics aren't so bad . My chest almost looked like Pamela Anderson. .
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    'Grats on your weight loss!
    You may want to research plastics. There's been some studies, regarding the leaching of estrogens into foods/water & thereby making it's way into people's systems. I heard of this about a year back.
    Good luck & much continued success!
  • Maqneta
    Options
    You are what we call skinny fat. Light weight, to much fat, not enough muscle. Spend some time hitting the gym hard. Get on a proven barbell program. You are young and are in your prime. It can sort itself out with hard work. I've seen much much worse.

thank you :)
  • Maqneta
    Options
    I know how awful you must feel buddy, but trust me your pics aren't so bad . My chest almost looked like Pamela Anderson. .

It's a crappy feeling specially because of how hard I have worked to get at my current weight :/ guess I'll have to work harder to get rid of em
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Agree with MrM27. Don't fret. You're lucky to have these other men, to guide you about this.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Have they shrank with your loss? If so, I'd say it's probably fat. I agree with Mr. M, it doesn't look like anything you can't fix. :smile:
  • karenj_m
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost so far :)

NOOOOO....don't feel pressured to post pics....some of these people forgot how they felt about their body image at 18 years old.

First make sure with your doctor that its not Gynecomastia.....a simple checkup.

If not, go to bodybuilding.com and look for weight lifting chest exercises. You can also post questions there.

Good luck and don't get discouraged.
    Before you go criticizing who's giving him advice and what we've been through look at other people's reality. I know what it's like to be 19 and have my friends tell me I should wear a bra for my big breasts. I know what it was like to be a 19 year old self conscious male. You don't.

You do know there's creepy people on the internet right? If you felt this was directly specifically at you....I'm sorry for you.
    PS: I do have a son (who is now 25)....and went thru many body issues....and yeah, all kids even girls (surprise!) go thru self conscious body issues (including myself when I was a teen)....you don't own it.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well you don't look skinny fat to me at all... I'd definitely mention it to your doctor.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Unfortunately alot of times w/ weight loss, we lose weight in areas we don't want to, and don't lose in areas we need to. If you don't have gynecomastia, then you can still get a simple breast reduction. A male friend of mine in the same situation did it and its a very simple surgery where they remove excess fat tissue and as long as you maintain your weight it will not come back. Praying everything turns out well!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You CAN fill it with muscle. My husband is a PT who used to weigh 100+ pounds more and that's what he did.