71 pounds down moobs still not going away

Options

Replies

• Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well you don't look skinny fat to me at all... I'd definitely mention it to your doctor.

thank you I think I'll get a checkup just in case.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I know you feel really self conscious about it really isn't that bad. U look good bro! Build up some muscle, lose a little more bf and you'll be set
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Try heavy weight lifting. I wouldn't exactly call your pecs "moobs." Doesn't appear to be much adipose tissue. Nothing some heavy lifting can't fix!

P.s. You don't need breast reduction.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Based on your pics, a solid weight training routine may fix your problem over time as others have suggested.
    Be patient.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    They can be genetic, I've seen thin guys with them, unfortunately. I would go back to the dr and have him reassess the issue since you've lost so much weight (congratulations btw!)
    Instead of having him go back to the doctor he could show us what he looks like for better advice.
    I don't think we could give him anymore advice by seeing them. He needs to be evaluated by a physician.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Honey, it really doesn't look as bad to us as it does to you, but you now have a plan from these good people: 1. Check it out with your doctor just in case, 2. Get involved with weight lifting, 3. Keep going with the same guts and commitment that you brought to bear to accomplish a fantastic weight loss, 4. Be patient.

You got this. :smile:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    They can be genetic, I've seen thin guys with them, unfortunately. I would go back to the dr and have him reassess the issue since you've lost so much weight (congratulations btw!)
    Instead of having him go back to the doctor he could show us what he looks like for better advice.
    I don't think we could give him anymore advice by seeing them. He needs to be evaluated by a physician.

A physician is going to laugh him right out of the office if he goes to them with this… If he had gynecomastia, he would know due to the tenderness in his pectoral muscles.

OP, I think you should go to see your PCP for a check up since you have lost a significant amount of weight and should have blood work to make sure things are where they should be. But as far as your "moobs", all you need is heavy lifting.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    I know you feel really self conscious about it really isn't that bad. U look good bro! Build up some muscle, lose a little more bf and you'll be set

thank you :)
  • Maqneta
    Options

A physician is going to laugh him right out of the office if he goes to them with this… If he had gynecomastia, he would know due to the tenderness in his pectoral muscles.

OP, I think you should go to see your PCP for a check up since you have lost a significant amount of weight and should have blood work to make sure things are where they should be. But as far as your "moobs", all you need is heavy lifting.

yeah I'm going to start on some lifting with my brother :) we'll see I guess!
  • Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who started to develop larger chest tissue when he was eating and drinking a lot of soy. Soy contains estrogen. So, if you are using a lot of soy in your diet, maybe cut back?
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You want to see moobs, feel free to look at my picture. And that was not even me at my heaviest. I had already lost 30 lbs.

Dang. You made me look. But the gals in the bikinis made it worthwhile.

Amazing job on your transformation!

Sam
  • Maqneta
    Options
    I know a guy who started to develop larger chest tissue when he was eating and drinking a lot of soy. Soy contains estrogen. So, if you are using a lot of soy in your diet, maybe cut back?

I have never eaten soy in my life
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing all of that weight!! Very inspirational to see such motivation in an 18 year old! GREAT JOB!! My nephew also had a problem like that, he's in football in high school right now and the more you lift and do strength training the better that it gets!. You wont stay like that. Just stay focused!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ones saying lift heavy. I do not think you need to see a doctor for something that is natural when you lose weight.

Find a compound lifting program like Starting Strength, Stronglifts, etc.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    never mind.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You want to see moobs, feel free to look at my picture. And that was not even me at my heaviest. I had already lost 30 lbs.

Dang. You made me look. But the gals in the bikinis made it worthwhile.

Amazing job on your transformation!

Sam
    Thank you.

Those are my lovely sisters.

Now I looked! Great progress my man.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    let me just start by saying I have never hated something so much.
    I'm 169 pounds 5'11 18 years old and I would post pics but I'm pretty much embarrassed they're super apparent when I wear a shirt without something over it ( sweat shirts / hooded sweater )

any other guys that had a hard time getting rid of them?
    I see people around my weight who are pretty much flat around the chest and I have full on man boobs.

Congratulations in losing all that weight.About your men boobs if it not a medical problem they only way to get rid of them is getting rip off the body fat. Chest(Lifting) is not going to do it. Also is no such thing as spot reduction for fat loss. So increase your cardio.
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look great man, I understand how it feels to be critical of your own body, but seriously you are in a great place. Hit the gym and you'll get it sorted out. I'm at 188 right now (300 at heaviest years ago) and can only hope that my moobs eventually end up the size yours currently are...