Is Anyone Else just Life Exhausted

Options

Replies

• KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    And while I can appreciate all of the thoughts of prayer etc, please know I am a person of science. By trade I am a medical professional. I am a agnostic and just do not get the drawing force to a god .

someone sent you a prayer?
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you just returned from vacation and already burning out again - You need to change something. If it is your job - start looking into something else asap! It typically only goes down from there.

If it is your marriage - get into counselling ASAP

If it is your kids - get a baby sitter ASAP.

We were just away for a week without our son and the second we came back I was like oh wow, we were not a away at all. He just started PRE K so im hoping that helps..hoping

As someone with a 10 year old and a 2.5 year old I keep reminding myself that it gets easier...
    diapers go away (presumably that's done for you)...then they can buckle their own car seat...then tie their own shoes, etc.

It gets easier.

The technicalities have gotten easier but its still a struggle.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I often feel like a giant *kitten* because my husband is so amazing and I am super spoiled and I love it but there are a lot of things I do (or don't do) that make me feel like I am taking advantage.

I find when I feel like that if I try hard to do something nice for him it makes me feel better. Maybe you might get your wife some flowers or something little (it's the thought that counts) and just say "I'm sorry if I seem like I'm in a funk, just wanted you to know I love you and it's not you I'm just cranky and I'll get over it" or something like that.

Got nothing on the kid, I enjoy some children in moderation but mostly I just wish for them to be away from me so I've never had any. I'm sure you love your son but guessing it's perfectly normal to be annoyed by a 4 year old from time to time, even if it's your own.
  • Grymmarie
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat (no kid but a 3 month old puppy,) completely drained from work (massage therapist,) and been feeling depressed lately. I don't have a solution yet, just taking it day by day.

I was raised a Buddhist .

Have you tried meditation even if its a few minutes? I know you are not into religion (same here) but Sam Harris wrote a wonderful article on Mindfulness Meditation- http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/mindfulness-meditation maybe it'll help out?

P.s: cool TARDIS image for your scale. :) Allons-y!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Life and it's stressors often make me feel like I'm running on a hamster wheel.
    I've realized I need to actively make time for me.
    A night out once a week. Gym every day. I've joined a basketball team.
    Little things that I use to decompress.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i came back from my recent holiday to a repossession order on the home i co-owned with an ex … she stopped paying the mortgage and the bills then did a runner ..No idea where she has gone but hopeful the authorities will catch up with her in time..but in the meantime i'm stuck waiting for the day they come and take my old home away from me forever..i can't do a damn thing about it as she left it all behind for me to sort out a week ago.. STRESSED isn't in it ..hardly sleeping,run down,exhausted .. not been able to do any kind of workouts this week at all through it all,but thankfully I've managed to keep to my calories etc.
    i guess it could be worse .. i could be married to the ***** .. lol
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Actually yes I am! Not really sure why maybe just need a change. I'm a psych nurse and I LOVE my job and my patients but my job is crazy stressful! Personal life unsatisfying and of course that extra 50 pounds I'm carrying around. lol but I look at my daughter and everything is ok! :love:
  • My_Mind_Is_My_Cage
    My_Mind_Is_My_Cage Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I have not thought about how happy I would be if I never woke again as much as I have in the past two weeks. I turn 45 Wednesday and don't care if I make it. Ha.
  • wedge421
    Options
    Actually yes I am! Not really sure why maybe just need a change. I'm a psych nurse and I LOVE my job and my patients but my job is crazy stressful! Personal life unsatisfying and of course that extra 50 pounds I'm carrying around. lol but I look at my daughter and everything is ok! :love:

Great to hear you are in the same field. Maybe thats what causes it?
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    100%. My job is great but I'm so sick of this city I live in and my horrible neighbors. I dread going home at night. It's completely exhausting.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Have you tried meditation even if its a few minutes? I know you are not into religion (same here) but Sam Harris wrote a wonderful article on Mindfulness Meditation- http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/mindfulness-meditation maybe it'll help out?

This post has ZERO judgement in it, but apparently my posts come off as judge-y even when I'm not.

How does meditation help? What does it do for a person?
  • TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I never have any "me" time. I'm always running.... kids to school, work, band practice straight to swim practice, power lifting, dinner, pick up kids, bath then sleep. Weekends are filled with football games, swim meets and power lifting. Sometimes I feel like I need to be two people. I guess I need to step back and count my blessings. I have 3 beautiful healthy girls that have lots of friends and a busy social life. I guess I will have all the me time I can handle when they are grown, right?
  • wedge421
    Options
    I just feel like I never have any "me" time. I'm always running.... kids to school, work, band practice straight to swim practice, power lifting, dinner, pick up kids, bath then sleep. Weekends are filled with football games, swim meets and power lifting. Sometimes I feel like I need to be two people. I guess I need to step back and count my blessings. I have 3 beautiful healthy girls that have lots of friends and a busy social life. I guess I will have all the me time I can handle when they are grown, right?

I completely agree. While you def have more "duties" then I do I feel the same way. I need a bit of me time. I work 2nd shift at a stressful medical job and watch my son during the day and then during the weekend I have to commit all of my time o my family and get no chance to do anything else which burns me out. Such is life?
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I may have missed or misread something, but it sounds as if you're not particularly happy with any aspect of your life right now. Not work, kid, wife, or vacation. You mentioned being Buddhist - are you practicing? If so, how is *that* going?

When my kids were growing up, I was going to school, working, and raising them as a single parent. I'm not saying that to one-up you, but as context for saying that sometimes it's all you can do to keep your head above water when they're young. I remember it well - and

THAT SAID...
    There is a time to "sit with" your experiences, and a time to make changes. See what Pre-K brings to you. My experience was there was good and bad in *every* developmental milestone (I just empty-nested, btw!). It probably won't solve everything.

From the comfort of "internet anonymity"(?!), I'm going to opine that you and your wife have some serious discussing to do, to find your path to a positive parenting experience. It's super-common for couples to learn new & pointy differences of opinions and assumptions via parenting. ESPECIALLY during the early years. You're not alone, not doomed...but do have to address it constructively.

Second, you're in a high-stress profession. You know this, and you know about burnout. What are you doing to support yourself as a caregiver? If you need to make a career change, it may not be simple...but you CAN do so. How? And how will you make work bearable until then?

Lastly, vacation. It sounds as if you had some kind of story going about it. Your expectations? Your wife's? What is that about? I don't need to know personally, but I think YOU do. Obviously, it wasn't the answer, so take a long hard look at what the real question was.

Kindest regards from a flawed, yet fellow Dharma-follower.
    :drinker:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have not thought about how happy I would be if I never woke again as much as I have in the past two weeks. I turn 45 Wednesday and don't care if I make it. Ha.

I know them feels.
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A glass of good wine will make it all better

Love wine!! and you are right!
  • Grymmarie
    Options

This post has ZERO judgement in it, but apparently my posts come off as judge-y even when I'm not.

How does meditation help? What does it do for a person?

I don't remember seeing your post so I can't really comment on it.

When I was younger Meditation helped keep some of my teenage angst in check, I think it helps people in different ways but you should totally give Sam's article a read! :)
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yep. Can I please be a dog? Or a potato?
  • mombie2six
    mombie2six Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I've had the year from hell. Major marital issues erupted last October, and here it is a year later and I'm still broken. Six kids, work-at-home mom... stress levels through the roof all the time. Taking a cruise in November and very much looking forward to it, but worried that I'll come back and instantly be right back on the stress-train, too. :/

Sorry you're having a rough go of it right now. Sometimes life just sucks.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I know them feels.
    Totally feeling the feels as well.