Should I be eating more/less?

Options
For a start, here are is my current physical state: 6"2, 20 years old, male, 175 lbs.
About 3 months ago, I weighed 148 lbs. I have now gained weight rather rapidly, along with it a lot of fat. I am also an avid runner, and the weigh gain has had a hugely negative effect on my running. Basically, I just started to eat a lot of junk.

At this point I am now trying to cut back to 155-160 lbs and see where I am. My workout routine is as follows: 4 3-5 miles runs a week, along with 3 one hour long weight training sessions.

I am started intermittent fasting in the past week, and it seems to be suiting my lifestyle. I intake 1800 calories in a five hour feeding window daily. 90% of my diet is nutrient dense, as in veg, fish, fruit, cheese etc.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan for weight loss, and is this an attainable goal within 10 weeks?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned that your goal to weigh 155 at 6'2 is the problem.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

^ This

At 5'6" I weight 148lbs and could stand to gain a few lbs of muscle.

Why is your goal to weigh so little for your height?
  • ShaneK1994
    Options

^ This

At 5'6" I weight 148lbs and could stand to gain a few lbs of muscle.

Why is your goal to weigh so little for your height?
  • ShaneK1994
    Options
    Because I found that, at that weight, my running was at a premium. Also, I now carry a lot of bodyfat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Because I found that, at that weight, my running was at a premium. Also, I now carry a lot of bodyfat.

Try body decomposition then, eat at maintenance a lot of protein and lift 3 days/week, run on your off days