Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

20 lbs before Christmas

Replies

• Aww geez i'll give it a shot! count me in :):tongue:
  • Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    I would love to join! I turn 30 Dec 29th and I'd like to see a difference for my party!

I keep telling people if I have to turn 30 I want to at least look good doing it! ;-) haha, the only down side is I bought the most beautiful dress for it this summer... hopefully it won't fit by then!

I just started this week - I started at 222 and I'd love to see ONEderland for Christmas, but I don't want to go too quickly that it'll come back on. Plus I'm realistic that after Dec 17 when I head home to my family, 5 of what I lose will probably creep back on. I'm actually ok with that as long as I get back on track Jan 1! It's about long term change and I'll only accomplish that if I allow myself to also enjoy things like the holidays!
  • pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    I'm in!!! I need 17lbs before then!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    I'm in!!
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    Count me in!!!:happy:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I'd love to lose 20lbs by Christmas. To keep my expectations realistic though, I want to lose at least 11lbs by then and if luck is on my side I just might lose 20lbs. Losing 11 lbs put me at roughly 1lb per week.

My stats:
    Age - 5'4.5"
    CW - 176.6lbs
    Goal Range by Christmas - 165.6 to 156.6lbs***

***I will be excited to be anywhere in this range on Christmas Day. The closer I get to 156lbs the happier I'll be.

What I'll be doing:

X-TrainFit @Home DVD 90 Day Program (lots of strength training and some cardio)
    Currently on Day 5 of Week 4 (started this workout at 181lbs, so about 4.4lbs lost so far)
    This program has a workout for everyday of the week and is mostly strength training

Aiming to hit 10,000 steps a day
    I realize this one isn't going to be realistic everyday so I have a minimum of at least 5000 steps
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    I'm in too
  • sleepystella
    sleepystella Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in! :)
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    SW: 251
    CW: 159
    GW: 140 (by Christmas)
  • anih87
    anih87 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in guys! Would love to see 20 off by Christmas!
  • crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    im in!! :)

im crystal
    SW: 234 (Started april 2014)
    CW: 214
    GW: 200 but I have very strong hopes to be below that by christmas

I have a VERRRY slow metabolism due to hypothyroidism so my weight loss has NOT Been a "normal" or easy
    journey...its coming off slow and steady altho sometimes it seems like its coming off WAYyy too slow LOL
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    I am in... however not sure if 20 lbs is realistic. 10-15 at most is what I would expect to lose based on how my weight loss has been thus far.

SW: 193.4
    CW: 172
    GW (by 12/25/14): 152-162

I will aim to walk at least 3 miles 3-5X a week and will also be starting the MuTu System to attempt to close my Diastasis Recti.
  • adjadj83
    adjadj83 Posts: 41 Member
    Me too!
  • I'm in, I need to lose some fat anyway X3
  • Lucinda879
    Lucinda879 Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    me too!

Lucy
    5'9"
    SW: 258
    CW: 248.5
    GW: 230 by Xmas (160 overall)
  • I'm totally in!! Though I'm not so sure what I weigh now 0_o between 170-165 (yup, I fluctuate by 5 pounds at any given time >_<) Lets just go with the high number....

SW:285
    CW:170
    GW:145-150
  • Jestersofthemoon
    Jestersofthemoon Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    I'm in!

SW: 151
    CW: 145

UGW: 120

I'm a week in to my weight loss journey, and I've got 25 more pounds to go until I'm my ultimate goal weight-- so to lose 15-20 pounds of that by Christmas would be amazing. :smile:

I'm 5'1".
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    By Christmas? That gives us about 11 weeks.
    I'll shoot for that!

Gonna LOG on here, get accountability partners to shame me into it if I slack off (said tongue in cheek), and not go more than 3 days MAX without exercise of some sort, sick, injured, or healthy.
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Im in too!
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Me too :)