Diet Soda?

Options
2»

Replies

• markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well, they aren't great for your because the label reads like a chemistry set. Then again, I drink coffee, tea, lots of water and very little else. I have maybe one soda a month and I normally do no finish it.

I don't think you are hurting yourself with diet soda as much as you are hurting yourself by being overweight.

Drink up! Fizzy water, chemicals and zero calories is not as bad as milkshakes or regular soda.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well, they aren't great for your because the label reads like a chemistry set. Then again, I drink coffee, tea, lots of water and very little else. I have maybe one soda a month and I normally do no finish it.

I don't think you are hurting yourself with diet soda as much as you are hurting yourself by being overweight.

Drink up! Fizzy water, chemicals and zero calories is not as bad as milkshakes or regular soda.

Well said! If diet soda can replace regular soda, I believe you are much better off.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i stopped drinking diet soda while i was losing (except 1 day a week) and now i'm drinking 1 diet soda a day while in maintenance. not gonna lie, i LOVE my soda. aspertame be damned.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    I have a very hard time giving up diet soda but I do find that when I don't drink it, I get more water and feel less bloated. I've tried to start stocking my fridge with sparkling water instead.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor to quit drinking soda entirely because of a nasty kidney infection; I haven't had a soda in about five months. I miss it sometimes, but it was either go cold turkey or end up on dialysis by the time I turn 50. :ohwell: I drink a lot of tea, lemonade and water, water, water! :drinker:
  • simplywriting
    Options

Best answer on here.
    Of course they are bad for you, I don't think anyone is actually debating that. I think its just a moderation thing. And having an occasional DIET soda is more than likely, not going to kill you anytime soon.
    That said, yes, I wish I could give up my soda. I already gave up my coffee aside from two measly little cups a day. I'm a writer... that was my vice!
    I drink all my water everyday, and often go over, so I totally will drink a diet soda here and there. I've even cut back on that though - I used to have a 44oz diet soda EVERY day... now I go days without a soda at all, and when I do get one, its usually a 22oz and sometimes I will get another, but rarely.
    Anyway, I figure my worst issue right now is that I am desperate need of some weight loss. I'm never going to stick to this diet if you take away EVERYTHING I want.
    And I have never gotten a headache from diet soda, and I have never been hungrier because of it.
  • GoingToLose25
    Options
    Ugh- the news about strokes and heart attack being higher in those who drink diet sodas just confirms that you are better off with a few sips of regular soda than to drink that nasty stuff. If you exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet, a few sips of coke or root beer will not hurt you. Just remember to brush your teeth :D