its SUNDAY!!!SLACK?OR REMAIN FOCUSED ON GOAL?

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My program continues year round. I got my body into this mess and I have to get it out. I went out yesterday with my girlfriends, had a nice meal, had a glass of wine, however this was after two miles jogging on the treadmill. I am 100% back on plan today. I will most likely hit the treadmill again today and Monday is chest & back.

It is easier to get back from a cheat meal than a cheat day, than a cheat weekend, than a cheat week....
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It is easier to get back from a cheat meal than a cheat day, than a cheat weekend, than a cheat week....

definitely agree with that statement. It can so easily snowball. I remain focused no matter what day of the week it is. I stay at home with my kids all week & all weekend so there really isn't any party nights for me, or drinking at all for that matter. It makes it easier to keep at your diet when you don't have much of a social life, hehehehe :)

i definitely agree with the statement edorice said though. A cheat treat/meal is easier to come back from then an entire day of horrible eating. Especially if you do what she's done and workout prior to gain the extra calories. smart move.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Saturdays and Sundays are the days when I get to work out MORE than I normally do at the gym during the week. :)
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    skipping any type of workout today.
    the gym is overfilled anyways. back to it monday. ;)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Saturdays and Sundays are the days when I get to work out MORE than I normally do at the gym during the week. :)

Yeah, I can see that. For some folks, they can put in more time, have more time to themselves, or get in a double workout. Some of my mfp friends have a rest day during the week.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day but I'm sticking to my cal goals and also am planning on doing a yoga video to stretch out my sore muscles or a 3 mile walk at leisurely pace. Gotta keep going!!!!
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think its a personal thing. You decide what you want and do that
  • ahayter82
    Options
    I dont have an off day. I try to workout everyday and I also watch what I eat everyday. I feel guity when I dont.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Gym doesn't have childcare on Sundays so that is usually out. If it were nicer outside I would throw the kids in the stroller and at least go for a walk or something. I do always try to stick to my calorie guideline.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to try to keep your eye on the prize, even on the weekends. Maybe especially on the weekends, because our natural tendency can be to sit in front of the tv with a snack and a soda. Or is that just me? :blushing:

I'm not going to stay completely on-track today because we'll be out and I can't plan ahead what we'll have for lunch. But I know this, so I ate a smaller breakfast and I plan to work out when we get home. I think it's ok to give yourself a little leeway on the weekends, but you can't go completely crazy and undo all the hard work you did all week. That's not being fair to yourself, you know?
  • outkast1969
    Options
    I just started 5 days ago and im trying to maintain but sundays are hard to stick to the diet..... workouts come easy for me but the diet is at least 80% of the struggle.... wish me luck! GO PACKERS
  • rae0823
    Options
    I don't plan to do any cardio today, but I might do some ab workout all depens on my day today. But I'm always counting my calories no offf day from that!!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are my rest day because i work a 12hr shift on those days.... today i will be doing a little bodyrock.tv and some p90x stretch!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Today is my day off of exercise, letting the systems rest and recover. Will be eating clean and light though.
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I stick it!! Worked out heavy and hard this morning, eating well and getting my supps in! So I'm raring and ready to go for the week!!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    If it happens to be my rest day for workouts, then I don't exercise. If it's not, then I workout. But eating habits are still the same, every day, every week. One day of the week is no more or less important than another. I work small "treats" into my daily routine when I need them - so I have no real need for a "cheat day." I still try to stay under goal every day, even if there's a special occasion. I just plan ahead and watch portions and try to make reasonable choices. Lifestyle is every day, for the rest of my life. :wink:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Sunday was good for me. QUality nutrition and got a good workout in. Saturday was not so good. Not terrible but not great.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The Weekends provide opportunity to burn a of calories. They also provide the same to eat a lot of calories.

This Sunday happens to be a rest day. I probably have a few more calories than a normal day. But nothing I would really call "cheating" or unhealthy. If it were summer time I probably would have swam, riden my bike, or golfed all afternoon.

On Sunday's I usually spend a few hours in the kitchen portioning out food for the rest of the week. That saves me time and calories later in the week.
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    pound it out... didn't have time to get to the gym (YMCA doesn't open till 1000, closes at 6... I got better things to do), but I was able to work out at home. Albeit at on a total gym, but according to my HRM, not a bad day at the office.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    sundays? no gym & one cheat meal =)