WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

Speaking of cooking, I was at Barnes and Nobles today and not one single low sodium cookbook in the store. Equally disappointing was the fact that the cook books I liked did not have nutritional information in them. Oh well, there are a lot of other book stores for me to look for.

Jeannie

Jeannie - One of my favorite recipe sources, tasteofhome.com, may help you. Enter a search term such as chicken, then on the left under "narrow your search", choose low sodium. Here is a link to that chicken search.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/SiteSearch/FacetSearchResults.aspx?search=chicken&st=2&vw=1&page=1&rs=10&sort=0&fc=Low+Sodium+Recipes&omni=initial
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Found another new website that might be worth checking out for recipes:
    http://400caloriesorless.com/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    www.lowsodiumcooking.com

another source for low sodium cooking suggestions

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we are busy packing and I'm busy with the income tax but still finding time to ride the exercise bike and get the dogs to the dog park.....today I have over 11,000 steps on my pedometer

:heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs to all
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi all

We've had no internet connection since early yesterday morning. I was just on the phone to Pipex and would you believe it, back it came. :grumble: made me look a complete idiot.

While it's working I thought I'd say hi to everyone, you never know when it's going to go off again.

Welcome to the newcomers, it's been said before - you've come to the right place.

Barbiecat - how exciting to be moving, I wish we could move, but I am so close to my work here, ,maybe when I retire, who knows.

Barb ouch! hope your toe isn't causing you too much trouble and you can walk ok

Only a quick post this morning I've loads to do, I'm going into town to do a bit of shopping so I'd better make a move.

Hope to catch up later (internet permitting)

Have a good day

Viv xx
  • icubsn98
    icubsn98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's now or never, nurse girl. If you wait another 5 to 10 years, it gets harder.

To Joy ---Thanks for the kick in the but, Intellectually I know this , I just keep putting me on the back burner. Even yesterday, I struggled and failed at this. I will complete this workload by late afternoon and then have a little time to organize a schedule to put me back into my day.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I'm just poppin in to say "Hi". :flowerforyou:
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I wanted to let you know about Jeannie Cannon. She is one of my MFP friends. She has lost 174+ pounds and will be featured on Racheal Ray's show tomorrow.

Thought this might be of some interest to you.

Take care:flowerforyou:

I watched Rachel Ray today. I am amazed by what those people did. I only need to lose 25 pounds and cant' seem to stick to anything more than 5 days at a time. I am newly motivated and hope this is the start of a new week/new lifestyle.
    smwert
  • barbiecat
    Options
    It's now or never, nurse girl. If you wait another 5 to 10 years, it gets harder.

To Joy ---Thanks for the kick in the but, Intellectually I know this , I just keep putting me on the back burner. Even yesterday, I struggled and failed at this. I will complete this workload by late afternoon and then have a little time to organize a schedule to put me back into my day.

I had planned to respond by saying that the way I started this journey was to make one small change and when that was comfortable then I made another change
    taking baby steps worked for me......the in my morning reading I found this quote, "The first steps in the journey are always the most difficult to take":flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: joining MFP and deciding to be part of this thread are your first steps.....don't be hard on yourself because you're not doing all the things that others are doing......we got to this point one little change at a time with many moments of back-sliding.

:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
    today is the last day of the month.........late tonight (Pacific Standard Time) I will start a new thread for February.....so start thinking about how you did with your goals for January and what same or new goals you will set for February.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    also.......if we get to 500 posts on this thread before I start the new one, this thread will automatically lock and the last thread will give you the link to part two
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the quick response with sources for low sodium recipes! I will check them out this week and see what I can find that everyone will like. This is truly a supportive group! Have a great Monday all!

Jeannie
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    It is 18 degrees and it has been snowing all night.I shoveled the drive twice and will probably do it again before DF gets home.
    I was going to run up to see my Dad but he told me to stay put so I am making a Navy Beansoup and looking out at the birds at the feeders.:bigsmile:
    I don't know if I beleave I burned over 900 calories but my body it telling me different.:noway:
    I have to work two day this week so working 13.5 hours a day does have it's perks.:drinker: I worked on Saturday which is something I so rairly do. The bar next door had a meat raffle so I put in $6.00. I won a ham and about 5 pounds of hamburger!!!
    It was well worth working that night.
    My 3 pound loss from last week was still there this morning so I updated my ticker. I didn't lose as much as I wanted this month but I am doing better on drinking my water and exercising so I will carry these forward into Febuary.
    I hope everyone has a good day and i'll see you all the Febuary thread.

Peggy
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't believe we are virtually in February! Where did this month go?

I'm rushing about again today and also trying to take care of my knee. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or all of the exercising I've been doing lately, but my arthritis is playing up in my left knee. It's pretty swollen, so I'm using my knee support on it.

DH goes away to Miami on Thursday and I've decided to have a bit of a detox whilst he's gone. Can't do me any harm and it will give me something to focus on whilst he's away; I really miss him when he's not here.

Next week I am seeing the cardiologist and should get the date for my heart surgery. I can't wait until it's done now.

Roasting lots of veggies tonight, so I'd better get peeling and preparing.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love

Amanda x
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I just recently got a BodyMedia FIT and I have mixed feelings about it. It doesn't seem accurate for Crossfit or Biking and it's not waterproof so I can't wear it swimming. That doesn't leave a lot of my exercise left to track. :laugh:
  • debieanne
    Options
    good afternoon.having a good day so far . i have walk twice and i am real proud of that here we go with the snow again two days of it and we are suppose to end with another foot of snow wow this is new england talk about an old fashion winter the children are saying they dont like it they do not want to miss anymore school. ok everyone have a good afternoon debi
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    I'm just poppin in to say "Hi". :flowerforyou:
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I wanted to let you know about Jeannie Cannon. She is one of my MFP friends. She has lost 174+ pounds and will be featured on Racheal Ray's show tomorrow.

Thought this might be of some interest to you.

Take care:flowerforyou:

I watched Rachel Ray today. I am amazed by what those people did. I only need to lose 25 pounds and cant' seem to stick to anything more than 5 days at a time. I am newly motivated and hope this is the start of a new week/new lifestyle.
    smwert

Well, I watched it to. Jeannie looked amazing. I really like her new hair. You are right there were some amazing stories. Real stories. What did you think of Jorge's comcept of 15/6 and counting no calories. I would like to read his book.:smile:

Debieanne: I am glad you are having a good day!!

Macmadame--what is is a Bodymedia fit?

Amanda- your new pic looks fantastic!!!

Peggy ...do you mind if I ask what DF stands for? congrats on your 3 pounds.

Jeannie -hope you have a great Monday too!

To all ther rest ..wishing you well and will look forward to the February Forum!!:flowerforyou:
  • assaandra
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'v just joined MFP and now I've found your thread after writing my moto 'fabulous and fit at fifty'.
    Couldn't ask for a better start. I'm on the edge of a cyclone here in the Solomon Islands so torrential rain will make my hill walks imposible for a few days. Will have to make do with Wii fit.
    Goals for Febuary - post regularly, exercise minimum 30 minutes every day, loose 3kg
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I joined 4 weeks ago but have only just come across this thread;; I am 53 and felt it just before joining this website but now feeling a little younger each day as I move and enjoy the support of the MFP community.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Assandra: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome! Barbiecat will start a new thread tomorrow. Watch for it. Then when you post it will show up in "my topics." Will be looking for you. I hope the winds aren't too bad. I pulled up a map to see where you are, exactly. Very fascinating. We will be waiting to hear how your storm goes!!

Hopeful--glad to see you on here, my friend. Good Luck! Same goes, watch for the "changing of the threads." :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    My home page states that I have logged in for 30 days now...wow....time has flown by...I do feel better although I am still beating myself up over yesterday's lunch....I've been pondering my February goal.....

:tongue:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Went to one of the branches of the Y when we came back. The Stairmaster is broken, and I'd bet any amount of money it doesn't get fixed. The guy who is the fitness director (the one I don't think much of) never fixed the one at the branch he was at before, never fixed the one at this branch (they had two) so I'm willing to bet that this one doesn't get fixed.

Also, and please don't ask me to explain this, but they took the spinning bike out of the branch near me. I was told that they were going to start having spinning classes, but so far they haven't. I don't care so much if they have spinning classes or not, I am willing to do my downloadable workout. But there's no bike.

Did an hour of the extremepump class today. For $40 I get 10 classes. I got two cards (20 classes). I'm thinking that right now it's time for a change, at least temporarily. Tomorrow I'll do a bosu workout at home and then some yoga.

Welcome assaandra and hopeful53

January has flown by...it usually does. See everyone in February's thread!

Have a great evening, everyone.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here is the link to our new thread for February........I can't wait to hear from all of you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165447-women-ages-50-for-february

smiley-bounce014.gif