How often do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. It used to be like... a million times a day, (need to find the spot in the house that I weighed the least) :blushing:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    once a week on friday mornings.
    waiting a week makes me behave and I see a bigger loss than if i was doing it daily.
    (I'm thinking of doing it every two weeks though)
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know you shouldn't be a slave to the scale, but I weigh myself in the gym 3 days a week - can be pretty frustrating when you don't see the result you expect, but this can often be caused by water retention due to heavy exercise - (I dropped 2 lbs between friday and monday due to this.)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Daily (just to make sure I'm on track), but I only track it on Friday morning 'weigh-ins'.
  • kklittle
    kklittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everybody else, but my weight fluctuates so much just throughout the day that if I weighed everyday I would be a basket case. It seem much more accurate when I do it once a week...same day and same time of the day too. That's just me.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    once a week
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Once a week on Friday mornings. No clothes and after I pee :happy:
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scales a couple of times but I only record my weight on one day each week & ignore all the rest of the reults
    I'm addicted to the scale but have cut back form twice a day every day to a couple of times a week
    Usually I do my weight in at the start of the day
  • prototype
    prototype Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weight myself daily, at the same time, every morning. I have a routine. I like to do this because I'm still at the point where I am paying attention to my body to LEARN how different changes affect my progress. I note days where I have more sodium or heavy exercise. The next day, I look at the scale result and take note on the outcome. Years ago, it used to drive me crazy if I did that and I 'd be so discouraged it would send me in to an eating binge. NOW I see this as a tool to learn my body and know what works, what doesn't work, what I should eliminate... etc.

I actually only record my weight once a week on MFP. Every Thursday morning.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. Of course, I do keep in mind that my weight may fluctuate from day to day and sometimes from hour to hour. I do it every day for 2 reasons.

One, it helps me to stay motivated to eating healthy. I have a range of about 5 lbs that I usually fall into. When I begin creeping out of that range, It's usually because I have been eating too much food.

Two, it helps me to keep my hydration in check. When I am really active, I try and weigh myself before and after a workout to see how much water I need to put back into my body.

I don't fixate on weight either. It's just a tool that one can use to gauge their current health. Nothing more.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I do it bi-weekly. I do a non-official and an official.

Usually I hit the gym on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday is a recovery day, so that morning I do an unofficial weigh in. Lets me see what I'm doing, if I gained or if I maintained, means I need to crank it up a notch on Thursday. If I lost, then I gotta keep doing what I'm doing. I usually workout then on Thursday, maybe Friday, but definately on Saturday. Sunday morning I do my official and I take it as it is. If I loss great, if I maintained great, if I gained, better luck next week.
  • LoisHoffmann
    LoisHoffmann Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Daily. It just keeps me on track. I know if I've had too much to eat and not enough exercise the prior day and I can refocus and get things back in line. The scale has now become my friend whereas it was the BIG GREEN OGRE sitting on the floor before I began my weight loss program :)
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. Unless I'm feeling like a fatty in the morning...lol. But I find that it keeps me on track. At one point, (in November 2010) while on MFP, I agreed not to weigh in until January 1st 2011...but by December, I was losing focus and not feeling motivated anymore...so I needed to weigh myself. It keeps me focussed. But everyone is different...basically...whatever works for you.