eggs!

Options
eggs are delicious and nutritious, so i've been trying to eat them more often. does anyone know what the healthiest way to prepare eggs at home would be? i usually just cook them in frying pan with a little olive oil. any suggestions?

Replies

• lauraj828
    Options
    eggs are delicious and nutritious, so i've been trying to eat them more often. does anyone know what the healthiest way to prepare eggs at home would be? i usually just cook them in frying pan with a little olive oil. any suggestions?
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    I spray canola oil in non-stick pan.... then fry 1/2 cup egg whites (only), 4 halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup feta! Dash of fennel ........ Or .......I add 2 tbsp salsa!!! Yum!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I like them hardboiled with some black pepper. No oils added that way. If you have a really good non stick pan you don't need to use the oil when frying/scrambling them either.
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    as long as it's an egg, I don't care what form it's in, and whether it's healthy or not, I just love those little boogers....

I'm on an equal protein/carb diet, and don't have a problem with keeping my fat levels or cholesterol levels in check, so I eat whole eggs mostly....egg whites are awesome, but there's nothing as good to me as a sunny side up egg, some hot sauce, and some toast. OMG, I think I'm gonna make some right now....:wink:
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    we have 8 pet chickens and we get about 6 eggs a day...so you know we have to be egg lovers here too!:flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i love egs i eat egg whites cook with pam makes great veggie omelote now im hungry:tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EGGS!!!!! I smei-hard boil mine, I boil them for only 10 minutes so they're nice and tender in the middle. I hate dry yolks :sick:
  • sunflowerloaf
    Options
    Egg whites are the healhiest way to eat them you could make a egg white omelette. Aslo if you want the yolk try your eggs poached no oil or grease that way.
  • wantingwings
    Options
    Funny, I just had 2 fried eggs. I fried them in my nonstick pan with a spray of Pam cooking spray. THen for flavor, I gave them a sprtiz of "spray butter" and a dash of pepper.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Someone on here once suggested her fave breakfast was an egg white omelet (well, 1 whole egg and then 3 egg whites) with broccoli inside... omh yum! I eat these now regularly, and sometimes for dinner!
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I hard boil them then smash the 2 yolks with 1/2 tbs kraft mayo the reduced fat and cal kind made with olive oil. i add a dash of garlic powder (Not garlic salt) and pepper and both turn out to be about a 200 cal breakfast full of protien. I usually eat 1/2 cup multi grain cheerios dry with it. YUMMY thanks a lot now I want breakfast.
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    I take some turkey bacon... cook it in the microwave... and then put it in a frying pan.. ( little pieces) then pour eggs whites on top and stir... they cook inside the eggs and the eggs have a hint of bacon taste...
    turkey bacon is 50 calories for 3 pieces.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    why did I read this post?? all my cals. gone for the day and now I want eggs!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yummy breakfast sandwich.
    put a little EVOO in pan,
    big handful of spinach, cook until wilted
    add 2-3 egg whites, flip
    add 1 slice fat free american cheese
    put between your favorite bread, my new fav
    Arnold Sandwich Thins whole wheat!
    yummy

I love egg on toast too! But I've been trying to limit my egg yolks.
    And I hard boil a bunch of them and when I want something to munch, I shell one, pop out the yolk, throw it out and eat the egg white with some salt (yeah, yeah, but it's yummy)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just read an article stating a test showed woman who eat eggs for breakfast lose more weight. Something about feeling fuller due to the protein.

Going to fry some up right now!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    The healthiest way to cook is to use as little as possible to cook them. Hard boiled is good, but poaching and egg is a great way to enjoy the egg like a fried egg without using oil or butter. Just boil the water good and hot and crack an egg in it and let it bubble around for a minute or so and scoop out. . Whites look like fried and yoke as soft or hard as you like.
    I am glad I didn't eat yet this morning, and checked out the site first. Now I know what I am having.
    SM
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    MMMkay- let me tell u this. I love eggs too. They rock, and they're about the cheapest source of protien on the planet. Anyway, on weekdays/on the go, I eat boiled eggs, one whole plus only the white of one. On the weekends, I eat a lot of 1 egg + 3 white omlettes. My fave is to brown 1/2 a turkey sausage patty (diced) with a spray of Pam and some diced onion. I cook this for a while till the onion is all caramelized and yummy, then I throw in diced tomato and pour the eggs on top. Viola- sprinkle with ff cheese if you like.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love eggs-I eat them every morning for breakfast. I like them soft boiled on toast, scrambled with cheese on toast, sunnyside up on toast, and poached on....you guessed it toast! I rarely make omleets, though I love them too, because I can't spend that much time on breakfast in the morning.

I am not a believer in eggs whites only mentality. All the nuturients and flavor are in the yolks. The only time I ever use eggs whites on is when I make Macarrons. I never salt eggs, and if I fry them I use that spray cooking oil so I do not add any fats.

Hardboiled eggs are great for a snack (salt optional), and eggs are great at dinner. I am a breafast for dinner kinda girl :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I love eggs-I eat them every morning for breakfast. I like them soft boiled on toast, scrambled with cheese on toast, sunnyside up on toast, and poached on....you guessed it toast! I rarely make omleets, though I love them too, because I can't spend that much time on breakfast in the morning.

I never salt them, and if I fry them I use that spray cooking oil so I do not add any fats.

Hardboiled eggs are great for a snack (salt optional), and eggs are great at dinner. I am a breafast for dinner kinda girl :laugh:

Haha you're like my egg twin! I never eat omelets, but I LOOOOOOVE toast with eggs, and I would eat breakkie for every meal if I could hehe :laugh: Now I wish I had more eggs, I only have two left! :cry:
  • JanCar
    Options
    I just bought the greatest small appliance just perfect for you! It's a toaster with an egg poacher/cooker. You can hard or soft boil 4 eggs at a time or poach one (perfectly round) while you make your toast. Takes only minutes! Only cost $40 and is totally worth it!
    JanCar